Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

With Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Drew Brees all out of the playoffs, Aaron Rodgers' recent video-game-like performances have many questioning if he’s now the best quarterback in the league. While that may be a bit premature, there is no question that Rodgers, whose signature touchdown celebration consists of him snapping on an imaginary belt, is challenging for the QB title.

With that in mind, I will use Madden 11’s ratings to assist me in analyzing the top young quarterbacks in the league.

Using a criterion of 25 years old or younger, the players we will be taking a look at are former first-round picks Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Mark Sanchez, Sam Bradford and Joe Flacco -- he just turned 26 a couple days ago, so I suppose he's the exception).

Oh, and Tim Tebow. What? It’s Tebow, of course I put him on the list. I also opted to leave out Matthew Stafford because of his reoccurring shoulder injuries.

Read More - Who's Got Next? Best Young QBs in the NFL

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 iva-chargers-fan @ 01/20/11 09:03 PM
I think Aaron Rodgers

# 2 Dramaking @ 01/20/11 09:07 PM
where the hell is cutler?

# 3 neifro @ 01/20/11 09:24 PM
Why is Tebow even on this list? I'd take an oft injured Stafford before a fullback.

# 4 texasfan_95 @ 01/20/11 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramaking
Isn't Cutler over 25? I may be wrong.

# 5 MrSimCity @ 01/20/11 09:47 PM
Yes, Cutler is 27.

@Nelfro - A healthy Stafford could very well be top 2 on this list, but worried what those shoulder injuries might do for his confidence.

# 6 IgneousMold @ 01/20/11 10:16 PM
Josh Freeman throw on the run - 91

Beasting to proceed.

# 7 carnalnirvana @ 01/20/11 10:37 PM
i think sanchez beats rogers in the SB. giving him the confidence to become a beast for yrs to come

# 8 youALREADYknow @ 01/21/11 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
i think sanchez beats rogers in the SB. giving him the confidence to become a beast for yrs to come
He'll need accuracy along with confidence to even become a good QB, let alone a beast.

# 9 zav @ 01/21/11 12:55 AM
Sam Bradford is the best case what he has done with easily the least talented group of WR in the NFL so far is insane and hes bound to get a #1 target this year. Btw, when did Bradford run for his life? He was actually pretty well protected for the most part

# 10 godofwar757 @ 01/21/11 10:11 AM
Matt Ryan is the best in group. As a Ravens fan I would rather have gotten him in that draft than Flacco.

# 11 ABR173rd @ 01/21/11 02:43 PM
Aaron Rodgers is good but not better than Bree's,Manning, or Brady. I believe out of all the younger guys in real life and Madden Josh Freeman has a lot of upside. Ryan and Flaco have hit their celings and good job not putting Sanchez out there.In Madden I think with A potential Tebow would be an awesome Qb in the NFL I still need to see him start for at least a full season before the jury is out on that one.

# 12 playguitar90 @ 01/21/11 11:27 PM
Speed isn't the only measure of upside; Joe Flacco has a tremendous arm. If you watch him play, he basically flicks his wrist and the ball is flying 30 yards downfield. There are much higher mental and physical ceilings for all of these guys, and none of them have hit them. Sam Bradford was good this year with the crappy receivers he had.

I would probably take Ryan, then Flacco, then Freeman, then Sanchez, and then Tebow. Stafford's injuries have been dissapointing.

And on Rodgers, I think he is going to "move up" into that elite group of QB's...he's really good.

Still, what does it matter anyway? Brady, Manning, Brees, Ryan, Eli Manning, Freeman, Rivers; some great QB's arent playing right now. Its a team effort and all about winning games.

# 13 Evan_OS @ 01/22/11 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofwar757
Matt Ryan is the best in group. As a Ravens fan I would rather have gotten him in that draft than Flacco.
Really? If I had to pick Flacco Vs Ryan, I'd be picking Flacco every day of the week.

# 14 Boldin the Beast @ 01/22/11 01:19 PM
I'll take the quarterback that plays Top 5 defenses (Joe Flacco) over the one that finally plays a good defense (minus the Ravens and a few other teams during the regular season) and looks terrible doing so. Especially that pick 6 with 9 seconds left.

# 15 Matt Diesel @ 01/22/11 02:17 PM
Colt McCoy

# 16 bluestreak10 @ 01/23/11 10:12 AM
like them all but Tim Tebow is still my all time fav. QB. in 2014 on my madden he takes broncos to superbowl and beats eli and the giants!

# 17 mjhyankees @ 01/23/11 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramaking
Cutlers been starting for a while and until this year never had a season worth noting...he's always up and down.

# 18 RedZoneD25 @ 01/23/11 10:52 AM
MIKE KAFKA!

...no, not really.

# 19 footbrawl @ 01/23/11 02:39 PM
I think Sam Bradford has the star criteria to become a great. Almost took a awful st loui team to the playoffs. Also Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco have to be the best young guys

# 20 KDRIZZLE2K4 @ 01/23/11 02:54 PM
That kid Stafford is pretty good when healthy... keyword: when

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.