Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

Available today for Xbox 360 owners, a tuner set for the Fight Night Champion demo. Read on, to see all the details.

Quote:
"As mentioned previously, the team has added the capability to tweak and modify some game play aspects based on consumer feedback in the full title for both PS3 and XBOX 360 to make the game more authentic. We plan on pushing out these Tuner Sets over the course of the launch period (if necessary) and will communicate out what changes will be made. Please note that these will be very minor changes and may not be noticeable at first.

We are also able to push out a Tuner Set for the demo in the XBOX 360 environment to help test the functionality and after listening to feedback based on your early experiences with the Fight Night Champion Demo, we are putting out a Tuner Set tomorrow (Feb 8th) that will subtly impact the following:

1. Slightly reduce current stamina regeneration rate
2. Slightly increase stamina loss for missed and blocked punches
3. Increase overall punch power: Health loss from each punch"

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Hova57 @ 02/11/11 12:43 AM
they need to change no draws in online especially with the boxing gyms. it just add another layer to the game. you can have **** fights with ties.

# 42 boritter @ 02/11/11 01:25 AM
I like all the changes in the 2nd tuner set except there are way too many flash knockdowns now. I played 5-6 online matches earlier and each match had at least one flash KD. One match had 4 flash KDs in 3 rounds. I hope (and believe) this will be fixed be another tuner set.

# 43 phillyfan23 @ 02/11/11 07:05 AM
th tuner might have done something to the stamina....but does it make any difference? played ali and he still threw 80-90 punches a round ( accelerated rounds).....

they can fix stamina, punching power, jabs, franchise mode, etc, but to have heavyweights punch 80-90 times in 2 minutes REAL TIME....is just absurd and no way close to what boxing is. pathetic to say the least.

# 44 Kanobi @ 02/11/11 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
thats fine and all but my problem is that the AI doesn't fight like the guys do in real life. I never play online so i can care less about online. So if guys wanna slug it out online good for them i dont care because i'm 100% offline in all of my games except Call of Duty and the occasional NCAA 11 game. I want the guys to fight like their real life counterparts offline. So if i'm fighting Pacquiao i want him to be aggressive and throw a lot of combos and leave himself open to being hit. I know Mayweather isn't in the game but for arguements sake if i fight Mayweather i want him to be a counter puncher who uses his speed and defense to hit without being hit. If i fight Tyson i want him to throw a lot of power shots, work the body, fight inside and look to overpower you. I want Ali to use his jab, move around the ring, sit on the ropes at times. If i'm fighting a heavyweight i want them to throw a big punch or 2 and look to do a lot of holding because thats how a lot of heavyweights fight.

The game doesnt do a good enough job of replicating what these boxers do in real life. So when you play offline this game gets old way too fast.
won't we be able to adjust licensed boxer tendencies?

# 45 JayBee74 @ 02/11/11 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
won't we be able to adjust licensed boxer tendencies?
Licensed fighters are editable, including for the online gym (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm sure tendencies are part of the edit package.

# 46 Kanobi @ 02/11/11 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Licensed fighters are editable, including for the online gym (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm sure tendencies are part of the edit package.
Cool. If that's the case then I don't see the problem if they're tendencies aren't spot-on out of the box.

# 47 JayBee74 @ 02/11/11 10:56 AM
Quote:
Cool. If that's the case then I don't see the problem if they're tendencies aren't spot-on out of the box.
Correction. Licensed boxers are only editable in offline mode, with the exception of accessories (color of trunks, gloves, etc.) for ranked and unranked matches. That offline edit does include the boxer's tendencies.

Online gym requires a created boxer.

# 48 allBthere @ 02/11/11 12:01 PM
it's being made worse imo! pac knocks me down twice and I stun him 3 times in a 3 rounder??? plus my damage was probably in the 90s at the end!!

it was better before. Counter punches are now way too exageratted with their power. As I've said in real boxing the punch that hurts the most is beating the other guy to the punch, not making him miss, then hitting him.

I want my own "tuner" or I may not pick up "counter-punch champion"

it made the jab less effective too.

This patch or whatever it is reminded me of ufc...it turned ufc 09 into 10 if that makes sense. I'm not digging it at all.

reduce punch accuracy, don't increase power and decrease temp stam etc.

# 49 phillyfan23 @ 02/11/11 03:58 PM
Quote:
Correction. Licensed boxers are only editable in offline mode, with the exception of accessories (color of trunks, gloves, etc.) for ranked and unranked matches. That offline edit does include the boxer's tendencies.

what are these tendencies that could be edited? FDor example Tyson....

in the demo he throws 80 punches a round. What tendencies are available for us to edit that can lower his punch output to say 50 punches a round. Or do we have to change his fighting style from slugger to counterpuncher. This won't solve the problem.

Will editing tendencies allow Tyson to change from a wild slugger with no regard for stamina to a controller aggressive slugger who is still very dangerous with power punches but chooses his spots better?? Hopefully....you can.

# 50 Kanobi @ 02/11/11 04:27 PM
Quote:

That's still cool

# 51 reppa @ 02/12/11 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
I think reducing accuracy would have made more sense consider clean shots dont really effect stamina that much and punch %'s are too high. You need to get accuracy right before you can correctly tune stamina (and punch power for that matter). It seems their going about this in the wrong order.
This post is spot-on. Getting the accuracy fixed first would have helped in the other areas that need tuning. Once you adjust the accuracy you can then adjust the stamina accordingly based on the newly adjusted accuracy. You would think that there would be an order of importance here, but I'm not seeing it.

# 52 JayBee74 @ 02/12/11 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
what are these tendencies that could be edited? FDor example Tyson....

in the demo he throws 80 punches a round. What tendencies are available for us to edit that can lower his punch output to say 50 punches a round. Or do we have to change his fighting style from slugger to counterpuncher. This won't solve the problem.

Will editing tendencies allow Tyson to change from a wild slugger with no regard for stamina to a controller aggressive slugger who is still very dangerous with power punches but chooses his spots better?? Hopefully....you can.
Don't know, but I wish CPU punch output (a global slider in FN4) could be hooked to a particularly fighter.

# 53 acts238shaun @ 02/13/11 11:39 PM
Are you 360 guys seeing a lot of body jab spamming (8-9 times in a row)?

# 54 The Visualizer @ 02/14/11 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
Are you 360 guys seeing a lot of body jab spamming (8-9 times in a row)?
i havent played online since the demo dropped but I read over on the EA forums that there is a specific combo of straights and jabs to the body you can pull off easily with the buttons that will stun your boxer everytime its fully pulled off as well as sapping your stamina. I imagine the low life scumbags who ruin online play are perfecting their technique now...

# 55 Kanobi @ 02/14/11 05:40 AM
That's why i don't bother with FN online. Will play offline with friends/fam.....but online?...screw it. Legacy mode is all I care about

# 56 acts238shaun @ 02/14/11 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
I read over on the EA forums that there is a specific combo of straights and jabs to the body you can pull off easily with the buttons that will stun your boxer everytime its fully pulled off as well as sapping your stamina. I imagine the low life scumbags who ruin online play are perfecting their technique now...
Quote:
That's why i don't bother with FN online. Will play offline with friends/fam.....but online?...screw it. Legacy mode is all I care about
I hear ya. I am about 50/50 and online gym is the only reason I am even thinking about getting this game now. I love legacy mode as well, but I'm about 50/50 on to offline. The bad thing is it's ALI who the turds are using and he has ratings in the single digits for all his body punches.

I hope Brizzo reads this. If something isn't don't to where I can throw a power hook to the head while they are spamming my gut and KTHO the spammer I probably won't be buying the game.

They were supposed to fix spamming, body spamming and one arm spamming and neither were fixed. The punch guard doesn't stay strong long enough to ward off that body BS.

# 57 Hova57 @ 02/14/11 09:01 AM
Could one of you 360 guys outline exactly what were the pros and cons of this tuner. it seems to me power helped with the decrease in stamina , but it seems like something weird is going on with the body punches and big hits to the dome not result in stun states or knockouts

# 58 Phobia @ 02/14/11 10:20 AM
This is the last e-mail I sent EA. I am trying guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia E-mail to EA
I played some this weekend and while I like the punch power being raised, it will cause some issues. We will need several other tweaks to allow it to continue to stay this way.

1) If they leave punch power where it is at, block strength has to be raised by a large portion. Reason being is that I am rarely seeing fights go the 3 rounds in the demo, we would never see fights going 10 rounds. Even it you are blocking in the current state, to many shots find there way through and equal to KO's even with block being used.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) What I would rather see is these fixes, which is my personal preference.

a) Just slow down the temp stamina regenerate to just SLIGHTLY above what community day was. Remember how we were able only to whip out a 3 or 4 punch combo and any higher you would be drained. Then you would have to retreat to recover stamina. The current refill rate is so fast..

b) With the refill slower, punches still come out just as fast. So combos are still deadly. The difference is you are going to have to wait between each exchange to allow your stamina to come back. This lowers punch numbers, which is a current issue.

c) The next HUGE issue for me is punch accuracy. It needs to be lower drastically. This brings more tension that any punch could land with devastating force and end the fight. Since every punch is not landing back to back it takes away the rockem sockem robots feel. The next area it really addresses is the connect percentages.

Along with lowering punch accuracy EA would really benefit from removing the flash and camera zoom on counters. People find it brings in a arcade element into a "sport" franchise. Fight Night is not going the path of NBA Jam with "I'mmmmmmm on FIREEEEEEE!!" So to stay true to a sport franchise they need to lose the elements that pull the IMMERSION factor out of you. To stay immersed you must feel as if you are the fighter. These flashes and camera pauses quickly slap you in back the head and remind you that you are playing a video game that straddles the fence between arcade elements and sim elements.

So in a quick over view.

Lower punch accuracy by a large margin, raise block strength, remove flick "perfect block", remove camera zoom and flash on counters, and lower temp stamina refill rate to good bit slower. This equals to a more sim experience!

# 59 Motown @ 02/14/11 11:13 AM
Where in the hell is the PS3 tuner set??? this is just ridiculous

# 60 DaveDQ @ 02/14/11 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Where in the hell is the PS3 tuner set??? this is just ridiculous
There is no tuner set for the PS3 demo and what was done for the 360 has been reveresed to the original demo settings.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.