Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

Courtesy of thaSLAB.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Joey @ 02/10/11 04:16 PM
Please, it's presentation, not presitation!

I can see how someone could say certain aspects of the game have gotten stale the last few installments. But when looking at the features for '11, I just can't see how anyone could say that for this edition. There is just so much they have added, changed or enhanced, I think this game will feel fresher than it has in several years. And the new player models should enhance everything from presentation to animations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlchamp10
I agree with this as well, I think the only thing that makes me feel the way I do is, I'm the type person that will take presitation over gameplay. Meaning things like a national anthem before games, weekly wrap-up shows, in-game breaks complete with updates and highlights, things like that. So after 09 the gameplay could stay the same and all they would have to put in is getting those presitation things and I would be a happy camper. Still though, everybody is different and devs have a different idea on how to make a quality baseball game. Not a big deal, just not the way I see things but I still love the game for what it is.

# 62 econoodle @ 02/10/11 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I definitely agree with this. That's pretty much the only thing to do if you feel that way... I mean, so many good changes have been made, how can that be overlooked? I challenge them to find a better overall alternative. Challooonge!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I challoooonge youuuuuuu!!! lol

# 63 econoodle @ 02/10/11 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
Please, it's presentation, not presitation!

I can see how someone could say certain aspects of the game have gotten stale the last few installments. But when looking at the features for '11, I just can't see how anyone could say that for this edition. There is just so much they have added, changed or enhanced, I think this game will feel fresher than it has in several years. And the new player models should enhance everything from presentation to animations.

agreed about the player models helping out the presentation feel.

I am in the camp of a game adding a little bit each yar to ALL the features.
Sony gets a free pass this year, because analog controls and player models is a big undertaking.
its like giving you a whole new game.

in the defense of SCEA they DID add to Franchise by tweaking and overhauling a few aspects. So, they actually did touch on all aspects.

Not the reboot some of us wanted, and I would have preferred a nice n' fair half and half upgrade of RTTS and franny, but if Knight couldn't bully Kolbe into really kicking out some new features for that mode, no one could.
The lucky people who play RTTS are in for a treat.
For us franchise boys and girls, have no fear, for in the gaming year 12 we will rule over all who dare try other modes!!!

# 64 Twins win @ 02/10/11 05:07 PM
I can't wait to play at target field. all of the scoreboards look amazing! I love that they have the new signs and the twins "power" tower in right field. Do you think they will let fans ride on it? I'm only kidding.

# 65 CarrotJuice @ 02/10/11 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweezy90
carrot juice, i was in the same boat as you this time last year and i went with my gut...and let me tell you, buying a ps3 was the smartest thing i ever did...if you are a die hard baseball fan like me, then this game is a must have
Yeah, Im pretty damn close. BTW, can you draw walks in this game pretty well? And how hard is it to throw stikes? Hopefully the pitching is a real challenge with the new controls as far a locating pitches.

The last time I played any of the "the show" was the PS2 2006 version. Outside of graphics, has the gameplay changed much since then?

# 66 nymets94 @ 02/10/11 07:37 PM
i a question how come some ofte batting stances dont look updated in this compared to what i saw in prevouilsy clips such as josh h aimlton

# 67 WB1214 @ 02/10/11 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I think it is a age thing Knight. I would bet people in their late 30's and older when seeing this game is in baseball heaven. I am just happy to see the real stadiums and player models that is not a red or blue stick. The game looks so amazing and the wow!
I'm 20 and am ecstatic about it lol

# 68 Gagnon39 @ 02/10/11 09:44 PM
I'll be curious how easy the analog pitching is to "master" compared to the meter pitching. I forget which slider changes the accuracy (pitch accuracy or control?) but I always lower that a bit to make sure that even when you hit everything perfectly the ball still doesn't go exactly where you want it to every single time.

# 69 myghty @ 02/11/11 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I think it is a age thing Knight. I would bet people in their late 30's and older when seeing this game is in baseball heaven. I am just happy to see the real stadiums and player models that is not a red or blue stick. The game looks so amazing and the wow!
Yeah, I fall in that category (33) remembering when this game was hot!

# 70 tril @ 02/11/11 08:48 AM
one thing that will bother me and I hope its an option we can turn off is;
The batter animation , he says "when you swing it cuts to a side animation of the batter pulling his bat to hit".
I dont like that at all. has a very canned prescripted animation quality to it. makes the game lose its real time feel.

# 71 Skyboxer @ 02/11/11 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
Yeah, I fall in that category (33) remembering when this game was hot!

44 here..... Atari Baseball/Intellivision Baseball
But yeah we know how far we've come..even handhelds were cool

# 72 DJ @ 02/11/11 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
44 here..... Atari Baseball/Intellivision Baseball
But yeah we know how far we've come..even handhelds were cool
Oh yeah, Atari baseball was the game for me back in the day, along with Dr. J vs. Larry Bird

Hey, do you 30-plus guys remember a game (I am totally blanking on the name) that was like a mini baseball stadium and there were small keypads on either side (so you could play two-player) and you'd have to input certain numbers to try and hit, pitch and field the ball? The stadium had speakers on it and the announcer would do a decent job of play-by-play.

I remember spending a lot of time with that thing and wish I had held onto it, especially now that I can't recall what it was called.

# 73 wrmdrgnazz @ 02/11/11 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Hey, do you 30-plus guys remember a game (I am totally blanking on the name) that was like a mini baseball stadium and there were small keypads on either side (so you could play two-player) and you'd have to input certain numbers to try and hit, pitch and field the ball? The stadium had speakers on it and the announcer would do a decent job of play-by-play.

I remember spending a lot of time with that thing and wish I had held onto it, especially now that I can't recall what it was called.

This is the game you are talking about.

# 74 DJ @ 02/11/11 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmdrgnazz
Yes! Man, that thing was pretty cool. I may have to dig around some places on the 'net and see if I can score one.

# 75 Skyboxer @ 02/11/11 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Yes! Man, that thing was pretty cool. I may have to dig around some places on the 'net and see if I can score one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmdrgnazz
Lol.....I still have it. That and a few other old ones including the colecovision system with the sports controllers/Intellivision etc.... Once I get them out of the farm house attic I'll post a pic...
I remember me and a cousind would laugh our butts off but had a blast with the sports talking FB also
They'd say things like:
"Pitch to the left.......he breaks a tackle!!....goes left..... 2 guys miss....Tackle at the 40...... Gain of 1"
All I have is fun memories of that but could you imagine the outcry today if that was the case?
"I can't believe they have him breaking tackles etc.. and he only gets 1 f'n yard!! Lazy developers!!"

Anyways
We're old.....

# 76 K_GUN @ 02/11/11 03:36 PM
nearly 40 here

"hardball" for the C-64 (1985) is how it started for me

needless to say....love "the show"

# 77 Knight165 @ 02/11/11 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey88
One of my favorite games was Earl Weaver Baseball. That game was way ahead of its time. Loved all the classic teams and players. It was the first game to feature real team stadiums and also had classic stadiums like Polo Grounds and Ebbets field. It also had a MOM mode. I would assume Knight would have been a big fan of this game.
My first big time baseball game.
I cannot believe how much I played that game.
I then remember seeing the ad for EWBBII in Computer Gaming World.(holy crap...Computer Gaming World and EWBBII in the same sentence....talk about time machine!)....and thinking...it's never gonna get closer than that!

Check out these awesome screenies!...

M.K.
Knight165

# 78 NAFBUC @ 02/12/11 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey88
One of my favorite games was Earl Weaver Baseball. That game was way ahead of its time. Loved all the classic teams and players. It was the first game to feature real team stadiums and also had classic stadiums like Polo Grounds and Ebbets field. It also had a MOM mode. I would assume Knight would have been a big fan of this game.
Amiga system and EWB was baseball heaven. My first two baseball gaming systems that my dad and I were hooked on were Amiga (EWB) and Colecovision with the fantastic color coded one handed controller.

EWB had a option to type in any name and save the audio for your created baseball player. One other thing that put EWB ahead of its time would be all the stats and classic team setup.

# 79 spaceg0st @ 02/12/11 01:50 PM
Can you adjust the sweet spot for fielding throws? Therefore, making it smaller, harder to throw a perfect throw to the base?

# 80 nemesis04 @ 02/12/11 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceg0st
Can you adjust the sweet spot for fielding throws? Therefore, making it smaller, harder to throw a perfect throw to the base?
Fielding has its own difficulty levels (rookie-legend). The higher in difficulty you go the more accurate you need to be in order to get a perfect throw.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.