Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 yanks65 @ 03/04/11 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
On 360, when you first start up the game it will tell you that an update is available and it will ask if you want to apply it.
Oh okay..thanks man

# 22 bcruise @ 03/04/11 12:07 AM
Quote:
On 360, when you first start up the game it will tell you that an update is available and it will ask if you want to apply it.
Same on PS3.

For PC, you'll just have to pay attention to the news (or this board, since we watch stuff like that pretty closely), and download the file when it comes out. Some, like Steam, will update your game automatically, others will have you actually download and install the patch file yourself. Just make sure the patch you install came from the distributor you bought the game from - otherwise it can cause crashes (and 2k knows this well, that's why the PC patches get delayed - to make sure EVERYONE gets the right version of their patch for their game at the same time)

Roster updates can be downloaded from inside the game on all platforms, I think.

# 23 tvman @ 03/04/11 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Same on PS3.

For PC, you'll just have to pay attention to the news (or this board, since we watch stuff like that pretty closely), and download the file when it comes out. Some, like Steam, will update your game automatically, others will have you actually download and install the patch file yourself. Just make sure the patch you install came from the distributor you bought the game from - otherwise it can cause crashes (and 2k knows this well, that's why the PC patches get delayed - to make sure EVERYONE gets the right version of their patch for their game at the same time)

Roster updates can be downloaded from inside the game on all platforms, I think.
I haven't bought a PC game for ages so i'm wondering do you still buy them on a disk or is it all d/l now?

# 24 DirtyJerz32 @ 03/04/11 12:26 AM
This is great. It means they've been updating and fixing things.

# 25 nolesfan69 @ 03/04/11 12:41 AM
2k sports is on the ball. Thanks for the info.

# 26 rudyjuly2 @ 03/04/11 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
This is great. It means they've been updating and fixing things.
It also means they are reading things. Ronnie2k has been reading the OS threads and commented on them on twitter. I'm glad the PS3 is getting a day one patch as well.

# 27 boomhauertjs @ 03/04/11 07:53 AM
Argh. I was planning to get the PC version, but now I'll probably wait a little bit to see what bugs are present since that version is not going to get a patch for months.

# 28 Money99 @ 03/04/11 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
It seems nearly every game I buy anymore has a Day 1 patch. Since they go final at least 2 weeks (I'm not sure exactly, so I guessed 2 weeks) before release day, they have plenty of time to tweak stuff before it. I'm not surprised in the least.

Would like to know what they addressed, however.
That appears to be the nature of the beast these days.
The games are becoming so complex that there's no way they can be completed in a 12-month cycle.

So we as gamers essentially pay $60 to become QA testers while the devs use an additional 3-6 months to patch various bugs.

I hope we don't see any next-gen consoles for at least 5 more years, but when that day comes, I'd love for developers to adopt a more sane approach.
Build an engine and then release one game at the beginning and the provide sporadic updates for $20 a shot.
No more 12-month cycles where games are always broken out of the box. Give us a solid game and then add on to it every so often.

I'm sure the gamers and the programmers would be a lot happier with that type of system.

# 29 tvman @ 03/04/11 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Can do either for most mainstream games. This included. However there's no tax on Steam and most other direct download services.
Thanks for the info.

# 30 RoyalBoyle78 @ 03/04/11 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
The games are becoming so complex that there's no way they can be completed in a 12-month cycle.

So we as gamers essentially pay $60 to become QA testers while the devs use an additional 3-6 months to patch various bugs.

I hope we don't see any next-gen consoles for at least 5 more years, but when that day comes, I'd love for developers to adopt a more sane approach.
Build an engine and then release one game at the beginning and the provide sporadic updates for $20 a shot.
No more 12-month cycles where games are always broken out of the box. Give us a solid game and then add on to it every so often.

I'm sure the gamers and the programmers would be a lot happier with that type of system.
Very Well said...

# 31 GlennN @ 03/04/11 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99

Makes me miss the old, pre-patch, days. Very few games had game-breaking bugs then, probably BECAUSE they couldn't be fixed. These days, QA is an afterthought, since they can just patch later. To me, it changed the whole attitude about the release of games.

I'll be waiting a while to see whether this is worth buying. I would rather the PC version, but since 2k openly ignores PC buyers, I would not touch a PC game from 2k.

# 32 NumberOneRB @ 03/04/11 11:23 AM
I'll be interested to see how much the retail version has improved compared to the demo. I guess its good to see a patch was already being developed before release. I only have an Xbox 360 currently, so I'm hoping VC makes a really good game here.

# 33 JasonSGN @ 03/04/11 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption
as for this patch, one thing I really want is the camera angle after the ball is put in play to actually track the ball. Yes you can judge fairly well what is going to happen on a fly ball based on the fielders, but it still seems silly to me not to have the ball on screen.
Agreed. I hope this is added at some point.

# 34 Michiganfan815308 @ 03/04/11 02:40 PM
Is there going to be a release day roster update? Has there been one in the past?

# 35 Rules @ 03/04/11 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
Argh. I was planning to get the PC version, but now I'll probably wait a little bit to see what bugs are present since that version is not going to get a patch for months.

Same here. I'm going to cancel my preorder and wait to see how the PC version pans out.

# 36 jeffy777 @ 03/04/11 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiganfan815308
Is there going to be a release day roster update? Has there been one in the past?
Yes, there was last year, if I recall correctly.

With the dynamic player ratings this year, we should see very frequent roster updates.

# 37 DirtyJerz32 @ 03/04/11 04:16 PM
Quote:
Yes, there was last year, if I recall correctly.

With the dynamic player ratings this year, we should see very frequent roster updates.
I wouldn't think we'd get one until opening day. Just my thought though. I've been wrong before.

# 38 jeffy777 @ 03/04/11 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
I wouldn't think we'd get one until opening day. Just my thought though. I've been wrong before.
We got a few last year during Spring Training. Ever since they added the "living rosters" in 2K9, they've been much more frequent.

# 39 DirtyJerz32 @ 03/04/11 04:26 PM
Quote:
We got a few last year during Spring Training. Ever since they added the "living rosters" in 2K9, they've been much more frequent.
Good points. Hopefully the same will be said for 2k11.

# 40 jeffy777 @ 03/04/11 08:13 PM
Good news for PC gamers from Ronnie's twitter:

Quote:
Ronnie2K: Been informed that since #MLB2K11 PC was submitted later than console, the PC version will have almost all the tweaks the day one patch has

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.