Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

For $2.99, you can grab the MLB 11 The Show dynamic theme for your favorite MLB team.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 aukevin @ 03/16/11 09:51 AM
I got the Braves one, now how about some avatars

# 22 PsychoBulk @ 03/16/11 09:51 AM
Themes were free the last few years, always used to get the Tigers one.

You can't blame SCEA for trying to make more money but a dollar might have enticed more to take the plunge.

# 23 DJ @ 03/16/11 10:52 AM
Hmm ... I may have to take the plunge and pick up a Mets and Rockies theme.

# 24 Strings74 @ 03/16/11 10:58 AM
SCEA should take a lesson here: Personally, I'm a sucker for themes and will likely drop the 3 bucks on one because I feel like I'm getting an actual product.

What I won't do is spend a buck on advanced stats. That's just a joke.

Anyway, what's the Yankees one look like?

# 25 TN - BRAVES FAN @ 03/16/11 01:01 PM
What does the Braves one look like?

# 26 Mabster @ 03/16/11 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Now how about some avatars
Yes, team avatars please! I'm tired of sporting the plain 'ol baseball.

# 27 ChaseB @ 03/16/11 01:28 PM
Fudge it, I bought the Pirates one.

# 28 AUSTIN316ISALEGEND @ 03/16/11 01:52 PM
I just bought the Yankee one.

Amazing.

# 29 HawkeyMediaPlus @ 03/16/11 02:10 PM
These are sexy Can we get some avatars too?

# 30 HawkeyMediaPlus @ 03/16/11 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FroznYogurt
I may pick up the Phils theme, but $3 for a theme is expensive!
How is 3 dollars expensive?

# 31 Side Effect @ 03/16/11 02:41 PM
For the record, mainly all of the PS3 dynamic themes are $2.99. Regular wallpapers are mainly a dollar or more less. So this is the regular price for dynamic.

# 32 Bamafan3723 @ 03/16/11 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyMediaPlus
How is 3 dollars expensive?
In terms of what you're getting it is. It's just a background picture.

# 33 PsychoBulk @ 03/16/11 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
They do Minor League themes too?

Now that is dedication to the cause!

# 34 PhillsPhan26 @ 03/16/11 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan3723
In terms of what you're getting it is. It's just a background picture.
It's an animated background and thats what makes it so great. I love how the Bell is tolling at CBP.

# 35 Blzer @ 03/16/11 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake.Plissken
Can someone upload a video of any of the dynamic themes? I'm pretty picky when it comes to buying dynamic themes and I always check out a video preview of the theme before buying one; however, on the store, the previews are only 2 pictures.
I'll record one in about a half hour, and explain my gripes with it (despite the awesomeness of this, which I asked for and they answered profoundly).

# 36 Mabster @ 03/16/11 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'll record one in about a half hour, and explain my gripes with it (despite the awesomeness of this, which I asked for and they answered profoundly).
I'd still like to see it and hear your opinion if you don't mind.

# 37 Blzer @ 03/16/11 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabster
I'd still like to see it and hear your opinion if you don't mind.
Not a problem. Here it is (probably still processing so isn't that high of quality yet):

By the way, upon further testing it looks like it transitions to night right at 6:00 PM your time, and then gets bright again at 6:00 AM.

# 38 Mabster @ 03/16/11 07:01 PM
Nice. Those sound effect sure are bad. They need to be toned down a bit. Lucky, thanks to Mr. Davis , the Oakland theme is probably one of the only ones that doesn't have a readability issue. I really dislike themes that use a light background with light colored lettering. Giving you an option to change the letter color or at least transition it the opposite way of the day/night would be a nice feature.

Nice review and breakdown, Blzer. Thanks.

Edit: Looks like maybe I'm wrong about Oakland too. It looks like that first line is still in the sky.

# 39 Blzer @ 03/16/11 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabster
Nice. Those sound effect sure are bad. They need to be toned down a bit. Lucky, thanks to Mr. Davis , the Oakland theme is probably one of the only ones that doesn't have a readability issue. I really dislike themes that use a light background with light colored lettering. Giving you an option to change the letter color or at least transition it the opposite way of the day/night would be a nice feature.
Oh, keep in mind I increased my volume dramatically (0.0 dB) just so you know what it sounds like. It's not really "in your face" loud or anything at normal volume, I just would prefer not having those sound effects. The regular PSN clicks are fine for me.

And my camera mic must be giving out, because I don't like how it makes me sound like I have some weird lisp or speech impediment with my "s" sounds, or like there's a retainer in my mouth or something lol.

# 40 rjv3 @ 03/16/11 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I did the same. I was wondering what your impressions were. I think it looks good but I'm really disappointed that you don't get to see more of the skyline. I mean, that's one of the major draws of the park in the first place.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.