Home
Madden 12 News Post

Madden NFL 12 video teaser arrives tomorrow at 10:00 AM EST.

What are you hoping to see? What do you think you will end up seeing?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 DaveDQ @ 03/22/11 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
The only way we could have gameplay at a showable state at this point in the cycle is if we didn't touch it.
Isn't the surprise onside kick and field goals gameplay? I know some things are in that teaser because that's what you wanted but it is glimpses of gameplay. And I think not including consecutive hit tackles in that shows me it's not going to be happening again. Which is a bummer.

# 82 roadman @ 03/22/11 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Isn't the surprise onside kick and field goals gameplay? I know some things are in that teaser because that's what you wanted but it is glimpses of gameplay. And I think not including consecutive hit tackles in that shows me it's not going to be happening again. Which is a bummer.
I asked that in the first podcast and Ian mentioned they would address it.

So. let's hope it's addressed April 18th.

# 83 adembroski @ 03/22/11 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
A grainy shot of an onside kick taken with a phone camera and a tiny low res YouTube video of a field goal embedded in a teaser. Little detail, gets across what we mean to get across (though I will say only one person I've seen has figured out what the field goal video is showing).

What I'm saying is that if I were to post a video of gameplay right now, it'd do neither of us any good because it would look nothing like what we will ship with in August.

# 84 sportyguyfl31 @ 03/22/11 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I will bet todays lunch (Its real good!), that within a half hour of the video launch, it will be posted on youtube and there will be a million variations of

"DOUBLE HIT TACKLES!!! WHERE'S THE GAMEPLAY!! REPACKAGED!!! BOYCOTT!!! IAN SUCKS!! REAL TIME PHYSICS , GIMMICK!!! EA IS IN TROUBLE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!"

As predictable as a sunrise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLZbm...&feature=feedu

# 85 wallofhate @ 03/22/11 02:08 PM
From the look of the video in the lower right corner it actually looks like they improved the sidelines. it seems they wanted us to notice thats the reason the video stop for that quick millisecond. I cant lie im a little dissapointed but i understand from the thoughts of EA and their marketing I would have rather had a photo like they did with Ncaa. Oh well back to the dungeon until July

# 86 DaveDQ @ 03/22/11 02:14 PM
Quote:
A grainy shot of an onside kick taken with a phone camera and a tiny low res YouTube video of a field goal embedded in a teaser. Little detail, gets across what we mean to get across (though I will say only one person I've seen has figured out what the field goal video is showing).

What I'm saying is that if I were to post a video of gameplay right now, it'd do neither of us any good because it would look nothing like what we will ship with in August.
The video got across what you meant to get across. I agree. My point is that getting consecutive hit tackles in there to replace the roll off animation that defenders do could have easily been in there too, and if that was something in Madden 12, I'd sure think it'd be just as important as sneaky onside kicks.

It doesn't matter what you record it with. All it would take is one defender engaging and another not rolling off but also engaging. That's the same amount of times as a field goal or onside kick segment. It just leads me to believe again this year we won't see consecutive hit tackles, something I think is a given in a football game.

# 87 ch46647 @ 03/22/11 02:20 PM
Quote:

I noticed in a video on IGN about the new Battlefield 3 game. They said they are using the "ANT" technology from FIFA 11 specifically for the running animations in their game. Those running animations are the most realistic animations I have ever seen in a videogame.

Why cant Madden make their running animations look lifelike when you are using the same technology?

# 88 DaveDQ @ 03/22/11 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
As an example per the gentlemen's above comment, just watch the perfection of gang tackling in 2k5 and all pro (sorry to reference a game from 2004 and 2007-8 for a game that is in 2011). I also get the sense that you are saying if they changed the gang tackling or other on the field game play issue they would at least be marketing those changes or new inventions. EA is a marketing master. So if gameplay is going to be changed I would be by now this would have been marketed to us???
I don't want to bring up another game or insinuate anything by doing so. But yes, my opinion is that the inclusion of consecutive hit tackles, where one engaged player is "helped" by another by truly physically altering the tackling scenario, would be something that would go over well and would even argue it's something better to tease with than a trick onside kick.

That's why I doubt it's in the game this go around.

# 89 The GIGGAS @ 03/22/11 02:31 PM
Quote:
As an example per the gentlemen's above comment, just watch the perfection of gang tackling in 2k5 and all pro (sorry to reference a game from 2004 and 2007-8 for a game that is in 2011). I also get the sense that you are saying if they changed the gang tackling or other on the field game play issue they would at least be marketing those changes or new inventions. EA is a marketing master. So if gameplay is going to be changed I would be by now this would have been marketed to us???
Quote:
The only way we could have gameplay at a showable state at this point in the cycle is if we didn't touch it.
They're still working on gameplay.

# 90 The GIGGAS @ 03/22/11 03:08 PM
Quote:
"They are still working on Gameplay". Are they? hmmm, my source tells me the game is complete.
Yeah, I can understand how you think AJ (adembroski) is wrong. Also, may I point out that he is an ASSISTANT DESIGNER ON MADDEN 12 and has been verified by OS to that point?

I trust him more than your "source".

# 91 ryan36 @ 03/22/11 03:16 PM
Ok, I'm closing this since we have the other thread for the video now that it's released. Use that thread guys.

# 92 ryan36 @ 03/22/11 03:51 PM
Well, I'm gonna re open this since it's tagged for the homepage...

# 93 adembroski @ 03/22/11 04:12 PM
Quote:
"They are still working on Gameplay". Are they? hmmm, my source tells me the game is complete.
LOL

(10char)

# 94 ryan36 @ 03/22/11 05:15 PM
Ok, reclosing...Aj gets the last word! Last time this'll ever happen for a dev, I bet.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.