Home
WWE All Stars News Post

The WWE All Stars demo is available now for the 360 and PS3. Play a few matches and post your impressions here.

Quote:
"The greatest WWE match-ups haven't happened - Until now. WWE All Stars is packed with high-flying, hard hitting and over the top action featuring 30 WWE historic Legends and current Superstars. Play as Rey Mysterio or the Ultimate Warrior in this action-packed demo."

360 owners, add it to your queue, right here.

Game: WWE All StarsReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 8 - View All
WWE All Stars Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Gramps91 @ 03/24/11 12:21 PM
I hope that SVR 12 has this same control layout. I love face buttons for the grapples

# 62 Fiddy @ 03/24/11 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
You guys are "getting it," and that's awesome. You understand what THQ San Diego was going with for this game, and never expected SvR with this game. I applaud all of you
the thing is, the majority of us here, never expected a SvR with this game bc we dont like what SvR is doing lol.. controls etc, no need to beat a dead horse!! lol..

playing this demo made me want to go out and get LOWM to just have and play here and there bc i did have fun with that.

hopefully you guys "get it". that fans want the over the top action, with big 90's arcade cartoonish characters, in depth move lists etc. just port the matches from SvR, add more legends and current guys for next years version!!

yes, i said next years version.. this better be a yearly game!!

# 63 tcrews @ 03/24/11 12:38 PM
Just a quick question for you guys. Has anyone figured out the timing for reversing signature and/or finishing moves? Finisher reversals I saw in a few videos on youtube.

After playing this demo so much I'd yet to either reverse a sig move, or see the cpu reverse one. So I figured you could reverse finishers, but not signature moves. I was a little disappointed, but then I do a 450 double axe-handle with Warrior (one of his sigs) and Rey reverses it into falling double kneed jawbreaker, which was so, so sick. I just cannot figure out for the life of me if you're supposed to time the reversal right when the sig/finisher animation starts, or when the move itself is released from that slow-mo camera and starts going again at real time.

Last but not least, not sure if you're supposed to press L1, R1, or both L1+R1 for reversing sigs and finishers. Would be really cool to finally be able to do it. Rey is constantly doing his angel wings splash and I've tried over and over to reverse it, but instead get squished.

Day 2 1/2 of this demo and I'm still loving it just as much. I cannot wait to play with the full roster. This game is crazy fun.

# 64 mgoblue @ 03/24/11 12:42 PM
I need to learn a bit more about the combos and whatnot, but a couple demo games was fun! I don't know about the depth at this point (will I play for a longer period of time?) but it was a fun arcade experience. Surprisingly good!

# 65 econoodle @ 03/24/11 01:11 PM
based on the Demo, I preordered this one.

Online will give this the legs it needs.
Oh and being able to pay as Piper.

I would have liked to see Cowboy Bob in there, why he's not in the game when they have a bunch of the father/son combos is beyond me.

ah well.

i am pumped to get my 80's/90's arcade gami9g on!!

# 66 babythug23 @ 03/24/11 02:35 PM
stephensonmc WILL it have a option to turn off KO? Thats the only thing i can say bout this game. Playing the demo its a Very fun game and best wrestling game i played since the n64 "FUN WISE". Svr is just boring these days and no fun to play. They could really turn this game into a classic if it was less over the top. But i still like it cause its just FUN

# 67 MAzing87 @ 03/24/11 02:40 PM
Wait, did I just see Rey Mysterio pull off the "Canadian Destroyer" in that vid?!! Lol

# 68 ExtremeGamer @ 03/24/11 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAzing87
Wait, did I just see Rey Mysterio pull off the "Canadian Destroyer" in that vid?!! Lol
Yeah, he does it. Remember, this isn't trying to be "sim".

# 69 Phobia @ 03/24/11 02:55 PM
I am having a blast playing the demo!!!!

# 70 misterbroom12 @ 03/24/11 10:16 PM
Is there going to be local 4 player for the full version of this game? I am contemplating purchasing and that may be a deciding factor. Does anyone know/am I dumb for not knowing this answer?

# 71 The 24th Letter @ 03/24/11 10:19 PM
I LOVE that this is more like a fighting game....

im combo'ing strikes into grapples and juggles...its a fresh take on a wrestling game..

I wasnt paying this game attention but now im buying day one..

# 72 Nines @ 03/25/11 10:07 AM
Is it wrong that I'm having so much fun with this demo?

# 73 oneamongthefence @ 03/25/11 04:27 PM
Wow. I really hope this sells well. I can't wait to play full game. Wish I didn't live so far away from my brothers. It would be many of our childhood hours all over again.

# 74 chrisyankee @ 03/25/11 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
Wow. I really hope this sells well. I can't wait to play full game. Wish I didn't live so far away from my brothers. It would be many of our childhood hours all over again.

cant you play him online?

# 75 SeerMagicX @ 03/25/11 07:08 PM
the ps3 version does not look that washed out. i seen this, booted up the game, and it's no where near that washed out.

# 76 oneamongthefence @ 03/25/11 08:14 PM
No unfortunately they live where online is still strictly dialup. Its out in the boonies in Mississippi. Lol I'm in Arizona now. Its quite liberating to be able to get online without having to Lug my ps3 somewhere else to do it. Also the game looks good on Ps3. Can't see how its washed out.

# 77 ggazoo @ 03/26/11 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Absolutely love the demo.

I haven't played a wrestling game in probably 15 years so I'm not sure if this would pass with the hardcore crowd.

But for someone who lived at the arcade as kid and spent a small fortune on a wrestling game that featured Cocoa Savage, this game is right up my alley. And my sons.

THQ really got this right for people who want a fun, over-the-top experience, that almost anyone can pick up and play.
I couldn't agree more - and thanks for bringing back a flood gate of memories with Cocoa (for me though it was the amazing tag team combination of Conan the Great and Kamakazie Ken)!

But this is why I loved the demo... it reminds of one of my favourite wrestling arcade games of all time, WrestleFest. Having been watching the WWE religiously for over 25 years, I feel like this game was made for me. Maybe it's because I'm a little older, but to have a game that as fun as this, which such an amazing roster is tremendous.

Add that to the fact that we're getting some classic unlockables along the way, as well as THQ finally paying homage to the true legends of the business - this may sound like a small thing, but I'm so excited to be able to play as old school Andre.

Based on the demo, this may become my favourite wrestling game ever, and that's saying A LOT.

# 78 Brandwin @ 03/27/11 10:45 AM
I LOVE the demo, but I don't know if it's a $60 purchase. I'm afraid I'll get bored with it after a few weeks.

I do have w $40 gift card to Best Buy...

# 79 Complex @ 03/27/11 05:00 PM

This was my game. Chea!!!

# 80 SeerMagicX @ 03/27/11 06:18 PM
was a simpler time back then. games didn't have to be perfect to be fun. everyone didn't have to bitch about everything. younger gamers don't know how lucky they are.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.