Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

G4TV has posted this NCAA Football 12 video preview with Producer, Ben Haumiller and Art Director, Jean Adams.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 roadman @ 04/25/11 10:45 AM
Has anyone seen this video? There seem to be a few legit complaints for the one shown in this thread, but this video changed my mind on NCAA.

If you can't see consecutive hit momentum tackles in the first 42 seconds of this video, I don't know what to tell you.

http://ncaastrategies.com/utopia/top...-12-new-video/

# 22 LBFitted @ 04/25/11 10:58 AM
one thing i noticed they said that i hope they got right was the presentation before, at half and after the game being jus like your watching it...i guess we shall see.

# 23 khaliib @ 04/25/11 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Has anyone seen this video? There seem to be a few legit complaints for the one shown in this thread, but this video changed my mind on NCAA.

If you can't see consecutive hit momentum tackles in the first 42 seconds of this video, I don't know what to tell you.

http://ncaastrategies.com/utopia/top...-12-new-video/
Road,

You were one of few gamers that frequent/posted input on NCAA 11 months after release as we tried/continued to find and address issues that hampered Gameplay with adjusted player ratings and sliders.

I get the excitement about the "Adjusted Tackling" (It's not New Tackling as being posted by many), but so many of the same things that we were tweaking ratings/sliders to fix STILL are in these videos.

We're about to transition some time this week to RTG and/or Dynasty with info on Gameplay centered on tweaked/adjusted Bug fixes from '10/'11 being advertised as New Features.

I see that Nano-Slide on Def will be a Major complaint against the passing Game already.

Just curious what you've seen addressed, because I have yet to hear/see info dealing with Gameplay issues we found in '11.

Maybe it's just me, curious on your input though.

# 24 roadman @ 04/25/11 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Road,

You were one of few gamers that frequent/posted input on NCAA 11 months after release as we tried/continued to find and address issues that hampered Gameplay with adjusted player ratings and sliders.

I get the excitement about the "Adjusted Tackling" (It's not New Tackling as being posted by many), but so many of the same things that we were tweaking ratings/sliders to fix STILL are in these videos.

We're about to transition some time this week to RTG and/or Dynasty with info on Gameplay centered on tweaked/adjusted Bug fixes from '10/'11 being advertised as New Features.

I see that Nano-Slide on Def will be a Major complaint against the passing Game already.

Just curious what you've seen addressed, because I have yet to hear/see info dealing with Gameplay issues we found in '11.

Maybe it's just me, curious on your input though.
This community has been clamoring for consecutive hit tackles for years. We finally have video proof(and I mean the one I listed above) that consecutive hit tackles are in the game, and people aren't happy about other parts of the game. To me, consecutive hit tackles has been issues for years. Give credit where credit is due and keep hammering away at other parts you don't feel that were addressed.

We have one week of info released with more to come later.

I'm not saying sliding has been 100% taken care of, but the consecutive hit tackles with momentum is a place to start looking forward instead of backward all the time.

# 25 Pokes404 @ 04/25/11 12:01 PM
That really is great if they've fixed the zone defense AI to be more realistic; however, if that is the case, they've got to stop players from doing the "rocket swats" and super-human change of direction.

You have to be able to read the flow of the defense overall and you have to be able to read specific defenders in order to attack a zone. For instance, if I see a linebacker running out to the near flat, and my receiver on that side is running a slant, that's where I'm going with the ball because the LB's momentum will keep him being able to make the play. Subtle instances like that are key to a successful passing game against the zone. From the videos as far, I'm worried that same LB would instantly stop on a dime and rocket 3 yards in the opposite direction to make the swat.

Once again, it's still early, but if we're going to fit the ball into a tight window against more intelligent defenders, they need to be governed by more realistic physics than what I see in the videos.

# 26 inglip @ 04/25/11 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koach Vonner
At 3:56 in the Oregon part of the video, that doesn't look like a very good "Multi or Consecutive Hit"
I think part of the problem with this new tackling system is that it's pushing EA's outdated engine to the brink, but since they are the only football game around they have no real reason to innovate and build a new one in this current gen. I could be wrong though, obviously, maybe it's just a stretch to build a new engine over a one year period.

# 27 roadman @ 04/25/11 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koach Vonner
At 3:56 in the Oregon part of the video, that doesn't look like a very good "Multi or Consecutive Hit"
Post #25, different video.

You'll see more consecutive hit tackles with momentum vs the first video in here.

# 28 Vaporub83 @ 04/25/11 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inglip
I think part of the problem with this new tackling system is that it's pushing EA's outdated engine to the brink, but since they are the only football game around they have no real reason to innovate and build a new one in this current gen. I could be wrong though, obviously, maybe it's just a stretch to build a new engine over a one year period.
It's not realistic to create a brand new engine in a one year cycle. If you are waiting on a completely different engine you might as well wait until the next generation of consoles drops.

# 29 radiohead @ 04/25/11 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
It's not realistic to create a brand new engine in a one year cycle. If you are waiting on a completely different engine you might as well wait until the next generation of consoles drops.
Why?

Did they make a "completely different engine" when the PS3 and 360 dropped?

We all know the answer.

# 30 Knickerbocker91 @ 04/26/11 12:20 AM
I didn't like the collision on the FSU TD vs Miami. He's running to the left of the field, and after the catch and hit he stumbles to his right? Doesn't seem right.

# 31 TheTodd84 @ 04/26/11 01:26 PM
I love what I see... and while they may not be able to get the pure physics engine in because of the bureaucracy at EA or because of the engine, whatever. I just respect their effort in trying to please their fickle fan base, me included.

My only question for this year is this: While I love what they did to fix the defensive back AI, did they fix the DEPTH of the zone coverage? sure, the LBs and Safeties can shadow a receiver in their zone, but if they drop too deep in their zones, then the receiver will still be playground open. I know they kind of addressed it a little bit in referencing the flats, but I still would like to know how they have addressed the depth of the zones.

# 32 stoncold32 @ 04/26/11 08:42 PM
only thing that seens to be bothering me somewhat is the tackling. It looks like all the tackles are the same thing. They tackle the guy up high and he falls softly to the ground.

I hope they didnt overdo it on that animation

# 33 huskerwr38 @ 04/27/11 12:46 AM
Quote:
Improved Zone Defense!
You mean faster Nano-Slide.
Guys are gaining 2-3 yrds with each side shuffle step.
Of course the Zone Defense seems like it's working.

It's so funny how they say "Gameplay" yet the things folks spent hours tweaking ratings/sliders to fix are not talked about or even mentioned in none of their Gameplay info release.

The catch in the endzone had "TWO" def players having no awareness of were the ball was.
Two players watched the WR make a catch between them.
No attempt to knock the ball away and the player on the left just stopped as the catch animation played through. No collision to separate the ball or nothing.

Passes to the back in the flats will not work because players are still changing direction on a dime.
The two defenders got that Nano-boost to the ball carrier.
When they get there, I'm expecting a replay of Reggie Bush's welcome to the NFL hit by the Giants.
Instead, they come up and Sissy-tackle the guy.

The field is still way "Too SMALL" so that gameplay can be authentic.
That's why it looks/plays better using slower speed.
It gives gives you room for things to play out as they should.

I thought we were going to talk about actual Gameplay, as in fixing these "Issues" from past releases that were still in last year's game.

How about..
-High Player Recognition killing screens/play-action plays?
-Why no talk about DB mirroring WR's routes?
-How about a Kicker blocking a DL with ease?
-Nice dive catches, what about some form of jump ball on fades?
-Scrambling QB's not scrambling
-Anything about Special Teams would be great.

There are so many things that are not being addressed/discussed before moving on to the next area of the game.
Especially since they're still tuning/tweaking the game.

Oh well!
I agree with pretty much everything you are saying. In that video at 45 seconds, one of the defenders at the end of the run dives at the ball carrier and he bounces off the RB with no effect at all on his movement. They talk a lot of fluff in my opinion and not much of it's substance.

# 34 huskerwr38 @ 04/27/11 12:46 AM
Quote:
Improved Zone Defense!
You mean faster Nano-Slide.
Guys are gaining 2-3 yrds with each side shuffle step.
Of course the Zone Defense seems like it's working.

It's so funny how they say "Gameplay" yet the things folks spent hours tweaking ratings/sliders to fix are not talked about or even mentioned in none of their Gameplay info release.

The catch in the endzone had "TWO" def players having no awareness of were the ball was.
Two players watched the WR make a catch between them.
No attempt to knock the ball away and the player on the left just stopped as the catch animation played through. No collision to separate the ball or nothing.

Passes to the back in the flats will not work because players are still changing direction on a dime.
The two defenders got that Nano-boost to the ball carrier.
When they get there, I'm expecting a replay of Reggie Bush's welcome to the NFL hit by the Giants.
Instead, they come up and Sissy-tackle the guy.

The field is still way "Too SMALL" so that gameplay can be authentic.
That's why it looks/plays better using slower speed.
It gives gives you room for things to play out as they should.

I thought we were going to talk about actual Gameplay, as in fixing these "Issues" from past releases that were still in last year's game.

How about..
-High Player Recognition killing screens/play-action plays?
-Why no talk about DB mirroring WR's routes?
-How about a Kicker blocking a DL with ease?
-Nice dive catches, what about some form of jump ball on fades?
-Scrambling QB's not scrambling
-Anything about Special Teams would be great.

There are so many things that are not being addressed/discussed before moving on to the next area of the game.
Especially since they're still tuning/tweaking the game.

Oh well!
I agree with pretty much everything you are saying. In that video at 45 seconds, one of the defenders at the end of the run dives at the ball carrier and he bounces off the RB with no effect at all on his movement. They talk a lot of fluff in my opinion and not much of it's substance.

However, I think the game will be much improved and better than a really good NCAA 11 game.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.