Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Nab_Impervious_XII @ 04/30/11 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
thats the barstool animation.
I've been waiting for that animation too!

# 102 Nza @ 04/30/11 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
It's perfect for the situation, but the animation itself is terrible. His legs are almost going through each other.
I dunno it doesn't look that bad to me. Sometimes still photos of catches and posturing make real players look pretty weird and awkward too.

# 103 SageInfinite @ 05/01/11 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I dunno it doesn't look that bad to me. Sometimes still photos of catches and posturing make real players look pretty weird and awkward too.
Idk maybe it's just me, but the catch animations for the most part are horrible. It's like most of them the receivers don't extend their arms or something. That's one of the things holding back the game for alot of us, the animations just don't look athletic at all. Really goofy looking stuff.

# 104 SouthernBrick @ 05/01/11 12:17 AM
I really hope stiff arms are more effective and consistent. I don't even bother sometimes because, you have a better chance at hurdling someone 3 times in a game than getting those "get off me" stiff arms.

Another one of my pet peeves.

# 105 illwill10 @ 05/01/11 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
I really hope stiff arms are more effective and consistent. I don't even bother sometimes because, you have a better chance at hurdling someone 3 times in a game than getting those "get off me" stiff arms.

Another one of my pet peeves.
Agreed.
Hopefully there is more "move *****" stiff arms and more power rb animations. I like the ones in the peyton hillis vid. I want to see a shoulder to chest truck animation like a brandon jacobs runover
I am glad protak is out, made power break tackles look unrealistic. I just hope the power run game and oline/dline interaction is more violent and fun

# 106 SouthernBrick @ 05/01/11 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Agreed.
Hopefully there is more "move *****" stiff arms and more power rb animations. I like the ones in the peyton hillis vid. I want to see a shoulder to chest truck animation like a brandon jacobs runover
I am glad protak is out, made power break tackles look unrealistic. I just hope the power run game and oline/dline interaction is more violent and fun
I just watched a video breakdown of the sizzle trailer(haven't watched one of those in over a year) of this video and it was slowed down and it was pretty accurate. Some stuff looked good but, other stuff got exposed like some core stuff.

1) Vick, Marice Jones Drew, and Troy P all spinning the exact same way and a DT and LB or CB falling down the exact same was as well. They really need specific running animations to at least differentiate the way players move. Its just more authentic and would be less repetitive.

2) Lineman just standing around when they could and probably should be double teaming instead of standing around or mirroring each other.

Only a trailer but, I'll wait for the actual gameplay videos to say anything about the line play but, I thought the vid was spot on about animations and players running the same. It's not authentic.

# 107 bostonsports @ 05/01/11 02:45 AM
looking good so far. Its still very early but I like what im seeing

# 108 roadman @ 05/01/11 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-SKI
The game looks ok however it is way too early to make any educated evaluations and I'm just not ready to hand ea the game of the year trophy like some folks. Guys don't let the marketing team fool you once again.....let's just wait and see.
I don't see anyone rushing out to preorder in early May. If I do, it isn't until at least July and now maybe early August.

# 109 Mr_Riddick @ 05/01/11 08:56 AM
I'm really in hopes that this is the year everything comes together as far as gameplay is concerned. I kinda get the feeling that somehow it will. I don't think it will be perfect, I just hope its playable..

# 110 Mjphillips @ 05/01/11 10:18 AM
I like the fact that none of the knockdowns/int involved defenders jumping 30 feet in the air. Looks good so far.

# 111 SageInfinite @ 05/01/11 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
I just watched a video breakdown of the sizzle trailer(haven't watched one of those in over a year) of this video and it was slowed down and it was pretty accurate. Some stuff looked good but, other stuff got exposed like some core stuff.

1) Vick, Marice Jones Drew, and Troy P all spinning the exact same way and a DT and LB or CB falling down the exact same was as well. They really need specific running animations to at least differentiate the way players move. Its just more authentic and would be less repetitive.

2) Lineman just standing around when they could and probably should be double teaming instead of standing around or mirroring each other.

Only a trailer but, I'll wait for the actual gameplay videos to say anything about the line play but, I thought the vid was spot on about animations and players running the same. It's not authentic.
I totally agree. When you break it down, it really feels like the same core problems are still there for the most part.

# 112 SouthernBrick @ 05/01/11 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
1) I have heard people mention this before and can see how it would get annoying but this issue I can overlook til Madden 13.

2)Now reading this instantly made me think about how EA has described the new defensive zone AI and it seems like a perfect answer for pass and ZONE run blocking issues. I wonder if they didn't have time to convert the same new zone logic to work with blocking schemes or if it just never occurred to them. I am not a programmer but the way they have stated the new zone logic will work, sounds perfect for achieving solid blocking at the LOS. Check out this [modified] part of a Madden blog originally describing the new zone coverage AI:

"All of those [defenders rushing down] field often did so in between seemingly slow-witted [blockers at the LOS]. Simply having guys around to [block blitzing LBs] was a common approach on [offense] in Madden NFL 11. [Blocking] will be upgraded in this year’s game so that [blockers] aren’t just playing an area on the field. Now they’ll actually pay attention to what’s happening on a play and do a better job of handing off and switching responsibilities. Rather than simply being near a [blitzing DB], a [blocker] will play that [DB] much closer if that [DB] is even near the [blocker’s] responsibility. They’re playing the [defenders] not the turf in [LOS blocking] now."

This issue is much more frustrating for me because they seem to have the tools already in place to at least improve it. That said, with all the other improvements they seem to have made concerning immersion, I really hope I am deeply involved in Madden 12 franchise mode and can overlook the remaining flaws.

C'mon Sage, I think that comes off as a little unfair and could be misunderstood as EA not addressing these core problems. It's clear they have worked on addressing many of these core problems, it just seems that those core problems stem from multiple other problems.

I am not defending EA for the legacy issues Madden has because they have been in charge of this game from the beginning and they deserve all the blame as well any credit for the game. However, it seems all that talk about a poor foundation full of "bad code" actually has some merit. Even though EA deserves the blame, it's also EA that has to fix it. That's what they seem to be doing now and at this point, all that can be done.

Now if next year, after all this talk about Advance Teams and doubling gameplay teams, Madden 13 makes the same baby steps from Madden 12 that Madden 11 did from Madden 10, defending and/or advocating anything EA says about EA football games, should violate Operation Sports TOS. LOL
I think the game is shaping up pretty good so far and we haven't even gotten that much info or seen any real gameplay videos.

Consecutive hit tackles is a HUGE deal...well for me anyway. I don't think people stop to think and really realize how much better it can make a game. The game becomes so much less repetitive when a defender makes a wrap tackle and another defender comes in and actually gets in on the play to finish it off. It looks really bad when its multiple players trying to get in on it and the pin ball effect happens and just gets old.

This is just a tackle but, I'd like to see something similar to this when someone dives toward the corner of the endzone. We already seen one when someone dove for the endzone and a defender was able to tackle him in the process but, of course he was way lower to the ground than the vid.

# 113 SageInfinite @ 05/01/11 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
1)

C'mon Sage, I think that comes off as a little unfair and could be misunderstood as EA not addressing these core problems. It's clear they have worked on addressing many of these core problems, it just seems that those core problems stem from multiple other problems.

I am not defending EA for the legacy issues Madden has because they have been in charge of this game from the beginning and they deserve all the blame as well any credit for the game. However, it seems all that talk about a poor foundation full of "bad code" actually has some merit. Even though EA deserves the blame, it's also EA that has to fix it. That's what they seem to be doing now and at this point, all that can be done.

Now if next year, after all this talk about Advance Teams and doubling gameplay teams, Madden 13 makes the same baby steps from Madden 12 that Madden 11 did from Madden 10, defending and/or advocating anything EA says about EA football games, should violate Operation Sports TOS. LOL
Good post my man. Maybe I am a little unfair, but I guess it just comes from the frustration of this generation of football games. When I see animations that just don't look athletic at all it just makes me question what EA has been looking at. I commend them for adding all these gang tackles, I think that's great, but when I still see line men just standing around I think, why didn't they mo cap some double team block animations for pass plays? It might be a huge undertaking, I don't know, but it just frustrates me a little.

Also most of the catch animations look bad(Might have to do with the ball trajectory as well). Now obviously they captured new catches for the dive catches, so I just ask why didn't just capture all new catch animations as a whole. Again could be a big task, but I just wonder. Overall I think the movement is ultimately doomed for this generation due to the underlying engines/code. Who knows though, but if the presentation is as good as it has the potential to look, it just stings a little more that the game could be what we have been waiting for.

I am definitely interested in buying madden this year so far, but I'm still holding out until I see more gameplay videos. It's still early so we'll see. The gameplay could be fantastic.

# 114 ceeejay @ 05/01/11 08:17 PM
I am unable to watch the vid at this time and would like to know if the tackle people are talking about was a true consecutive hit tackle or just
a two man tackle. They are different and its important.

A two man tackle is when two tacklers make one hit together on the ball carrier. This is already in madden.

A consecutive hit tackle is when the ball carrier is hit by an initial defender
and then hit AGAIN by a second or even third defender changing the momentum of the players in the tackle. This is currently not in madden.

Consecutive hit tackles will change this game immensely, two man tackles
will not.

Which was it?

# 115 roadman @ 05/01/11 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeejay
I am unable to watch the vid at this time and would like to know if the tackle people are talking about was a true consecutive hit tackle or just
a two man tackle. They are different and its important.

A two man tackle is when two tacklers make one hit together on the ball carrier. This is already in madden.

A consecutive hit tackle is when the ball carrier is hit by an initial defender
and then hit AGAIN by a second or even third defender changing the momentum of the players in the tackle. This is currently not in madden.

Consecutive hit tackles will change this game immensely, two man tackles
will not.

Which was it?
Both NCAA and Madden have consecutive hit tackles this year.

# 116 ceeejay @ 05/01/11 08:27 PM
Thanks for the reply. Has this info been officially released? If so, then
thats great news for the franchise.

The only way they could ruin it is if it was like pro-tak and only happened now and then. Every hit on every play should be interuptable if there is
a defender there ready to make an impact.

# 117 roadman @ 05/01/11 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeejay
Thanks for the reply. Has this info been officially released? If so, then
thats great news for the franchise.

The only way they could ruin it is if it was like pro-tak and only happened now and then. Every hit on every play should be interuptable if there is
a defender there ready to make an impact.
The info has already been released.

# 118 carnalnirvana @ 05/02/11 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Both NCAA and Madden have consecutive hit tackles this year.
its yes and no, they have some gang tackling, but in the trailer there was a moment where a defender could not join in on the hit and fell like a bowling pin at the feet of the gang tackle, it seems there may be rare occasions where a defender will not be able to join in on tackles and we will get some ugliness......

the rag doll physics people are expecting isnt in the game, if i wrap up a ball carrier he is going down and another defender dives at him that hit wont register,

thats the next step for madden, where every hit attempt is registered not situational outcomes.

# 119 roadman @ 05/02/11 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
its yes and no, they have some gang tackling, but in the trailer there was a moment where a defender could not join in on the hit and fell like a bowling pin at the feet of the gang tackle, it seems there may be rare occasions where a defender will not be able to join in on tackles and we will get some ugliness......

the rag doll physics people are expecting isnt in the game, if i wrap up a ball carrier he is going down and another defender dives at him that hit wont register,

thats the next step for madden, where every hit attempt is registered not situational outcomes.
Sorry, I saw a NCAA video that had several consecutive hit tackles(ie one tackler holding on and another tackler coming in to finish the job) that had momentum jarring tackles.

I'd rather have those tackles vs the group hugging pro-tak or bowling pin tackles, wouldn't you agree? If a bowling pin tackle happens once or twice/game(which is rare), I can live with that vs the previous attempts at tackling.

# 120 sportyguyfl31 @ 05/02/11 08:55 AM
nice

10 characters.. grrr

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.