Home
Madden 12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BezO @ 05/06/11 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Good description of what the development team has been working on. However, I see in this footage the same thing I see in the NCAA footage. Ball trajectory issues. Why is the ball targeting the trail position of the WR and not out in front. The INT's in this video and the play by Rolle all are because the ball trajectory is behind the WR. Why is the QB not putting the ball out in front?
I wonder how hard/easy this is to address. It would be a shame to implement all of what we saw last week only to have stuff like this ruin the gameplay.

And I'm still waiting to see what the stunts look like. That was another major sore spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
...When the news first dropped on April 22nd, I was optimistic for Madden. After rewatching the videos and seeing this one, my optimism for these gameplay improvements has faded again.
This is why I usually temper my enthusiasm for stills & info. Videos always tell a different story. They got me this time though. They announced a bunch of stuff I've been waiting for. But like you, my enthusiasm is fading.

It's early though. They released some great info in April. Though I expect the bigger announcements to be franchise related, I hope there're some more major gameplay improvements coming.

# 22 bxgoods @ 05/06/11 01:41 PM
If presentation is done right, I won't skip over the cutscenes.
If theres enough variety that it doesn't get stale. I welcome all of it.

# 23 RGiles36 @ 05/06/11 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I wonder how hard/easy this is to address. It would be a shame to implement all of what we saw last week only to have stuff like this ruin the gameplay.
I wonder about this as well. It's something that's been talked about for the last two years. If it's still an issue, then it must not be an easy fix.

I do wonder if accuracy of the throwing QB has anything to do with it. It's not like every pass in M11 trails the receiver as some balls are overthrown. Interesting...

# 24 Lexicon @ 05/06/11 01:52 PM
I hate the "people will just skip it" attitude. So what, just because the majority of people are impatient doesn't mean it shouldn't be in there for the people that want are more engaging experience. I like 'The Show's broadcast camera cuts, and while I do skip some on occasion, I'm glad they're in there for the times I want to see an extended shot.

# 25 da ThRONe @ 05/06/11 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
I hate the "people will just skip it" attitude. So what, just because the majority of people are impatient doesn't mean it shouldn't be in there for the people that want are more engaging experience. I like 'The Show's broadcast camera cuts, and while I do skip some on occasion, I'm glad they're in there for the times I want to see an extended shot.
Like the point some have made in the past presentation gets skipped a lot because it has yet to be done right in most of EA sports products. If it's redundant, and inaccurate(mostly redundant) than yes the majority will probably skip, but if they can keep it fresh I think most will watch it.

# 26 Lexicon @ 05/06/11 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Like the point some have made in the past presentation gets skipped a lot because it has yet to be done right in most of EA sports products. If it's redundant, and inaccurate(mostly redundant) than yes the majority will probably skip, but if they can keep it fresh I think most will watch it.
Yeah, I understand the people that say "people will just skip it" when they're talking about what we've gotten from Madden the past couple years, but when Tiburon is implementing real time broadcast presentation and people are still saying "people will just skip it" before they actually see it in action is just being negative.

# 27 goalieump413 @ 05/07/11 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
Yeah, I understand the people that say "people will just skip it" when they're talking about what we've gotten from Madden the past couple years, but when Tiburon is implementing real time broadcast presentation and people are still saying "people will just skip it" before they actually see it in action is just being negative.
Let me say that I appreciate any effort to freshen the presentation of Madden, or any other sports title for that matter. But these cutscenes have previously been robotic at best, not worth watching all the way through more that a couple of times.

I remember a couple of years ago how NCAA was hammered pretty hard by me and many others for lacking a true college football atmosphere. It really hurt how well received the game was.

And I haven't seen any more footage than anyone else of course, so maybe I won't "A" through it. But I don't buy sports games for atmosphere over gameplay and features. If the gameplay and feature set suffer for yet, another year, because there's "no room" on the disc or "not enough time" to produce a richer game, then all this art direction wasn't worth it.

I'm glad they're giving the broadcast presentation some love, now let's hope it's not a waste of all that effort.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.