Home
Madden 12 News Post

IGN has posted a preview for Franchise Mode in Madden NFL 12.

Quote:
"'Any Given Sunday' isn't just the title of a bad football movie; it's an old adage that you never know what you're going to get when players step out on the field. Anything can happen. Your star QB could sling it five yards past every receiver. Your shaky rookie cornerback might come up clutch with a game-changing interception. Over the course of weeks and seasons, players are defined by their tendencies and begin assuming roles in their teams.

Madden NFL 12 developer Tiburon recognizes this and has made it part of the core upgrade to Franchise mode. It's true, Madden has disappointed with its Franchise mode the past few years, but that looks to be changing this year. The amount of improvements is staggering, but the most significant are the additions of dynamic player performance and player roles."

IGN will be releasing a follow-up blog on Monday, May 16th going more in depth about the changes to Franchise Mode.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 281 CM Hooe @ 05/16/11 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedpan_Gamer
How about Madden 2002-2005ish? Weather was random and fine then.
You're confused. Random weather is not dynamic weather. It has never been the case in any of EA's football games that the weather changed during a game once the game started.

# 282 mburke2 @ 05/16/11 01:02 AM
Quote:
How about Madden 2002-2005ish? Weather was random and fine then.
I think dynamic weather is something different, and probably more sophisticated, than simply random weather in Franchise. I'm not sure exactly what dynamic weather means, but at this point I'll happily take random weather over the the fixed weather patterns they have now.

# 283 CM Hooe @ 05/16/11 01:09 AM
Quote:
Alright, then bring back random weather.

I don't want it to be the way it was last year, because that was really poorly done. Can we agree on that or no?
Being perfectly honest, I have no idea how it was handled last year because I got maybe ten weeks into my Madden 11 franchise before I sold it. I'm all for any part of the game being better, however.

# 284 rootofalleli @ 05/16/11 04:04 AM
Big thanks to Adembroski for all the reassuring info. I will be so excited if franchise mode does a good job of keeping the league in about the same overall shape from year to year!

# 285 mm boost @ 05/16/11 08:55 AM
For the love of God above, I hope they found out the problem with the Super Bowl glitch from last year, where if it was past the first season, that the game would lock up during the super-bowl ceremony, forcing you to replay the game.

# 286 TMJOHNS18 @ 05/16/11 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
For the love of God above, I hope they found out the problem with the Super Bowl glitch from last year, where if it was past the first season, that the game would lock up during the super-bowl ceremony, forcing you to replay the game.
Never had this happen to me.

# 287 BenjiA @ 05/16/11 09:21 AM
when will this blog come out?

# 288 roadman @ 05/16/11 09:28 AM
^^^ No timetable.

# 289 jmurphy31 @ 05/16/11 09:35 AM
I think I read after 9am Eastern time on Twitter form someone. Plus I think the last blogs came out early in the mornign east coast time.

Actually, I think the playbooks came out 1st, tehn a little while later the actual blogs came out

# 290 huskerwr38 @ 05/16/11 09:47 AM
They are releasing full details on franchise mode today correct? I think I heard Josh Looman wrote like a 10 page blog or something like that. Can't wait! I feel like a kid on Christmas, we've been waiting for this for about 6 years now!!!

# 291 PaperBoyx703 @ 05/16/11 10:01 AM
Wow this is the first time in a long time the last Madden I purchased was in 08 the last game with Sean Taylor in it and thats the only reason I got it. Now all of this Madden is churning out is making me very interested in it and now NCAA is losing appeal at the moment.

# 292 bichettehappens @ 05/16/11 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
For me it was when I tried to exit the game

# 293 illwill10 @ 05/16/11 10:22 AM
I think it will be around 12-5pm. Superstar first than Franchise
As alot of you know, there will be other impressions like Chase B for the blogs today

# 294 extremeskins04 @ 05/19/11 03:16 PM
Franchise mode looks fantastic this year. Couple of things:

1. Adrian Peterson fumbled one time last year, but he is still fumble prone. He has had horrible fumbles since his rookie season. Also during the playoffs 2 years ago between the Vikes and Saints, he cost his team a trip to the Super Bowl BECAUSE of his fumble. I'm happy with his fumble prone player role. He's a great RB but he has fumble problems.

2. This is to the Online Franchise gamers. Are you serious guys? You have had your glory for the past 3 years while the offline franchise gamers have gotten the shaft. This is OUR year. I still think you guys will get some love, but I mean seriously fellas.

3. Dynamic Progression sounds great, but I hope it's not overdone. Is it up to 20 points of ratings that could change depending on player performance? Having a player go from 90 to 70 or 90 to 100 each game could get strange.

# 295 RGiles36 @ 05/19/11 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
3. Dynamic Progression sounds great, but I hope it's not overdone. Is it up to 20 points of ratings that could change depending on player performance? Having a player go from 90 to 70 or 90 to 100 each game could get strange.
That's where consistency comes in -- I imagine that consistency won't be a dynamic rating, unless it changes from year to year via progression. But this rating should keep the ratings in check for players we have reasonably high expectations for.

I don't mind the 20 point swing, as long as that's the max and only falls on players with the lowest consistency + confidence rating.

I don't know that we'd ever be privy to exactly how DPR will work, but I'd like to know how it impacts each position. Which ratings take a hit for QBs, DBs, WRs? How much do the ratings fluctuate from game to game if the player plays to expectations. Hopefully alot of this is answered as the feature is fleshed out at E3. I'm excited for it...

# 296 mvb34 @ 05/19/11 04:22 PM
[quote=extremeskins04;2042413021]Franchise mode looks fantastic this year. Couple of things:

1. Adrian Peterson fumbled one time last year, but he is still fumble prone. He has had horrible fumbles since his rookie season. Also during the playoffs 2 years ago between the Vikes and Saints, he cost his team a trip to the Super Bowl BECAUSE of his fumble. I'm happy with his fumble prone player role. He's a great RB but he has fumble problems.
quote]

If he's fumble prone then he had fumble more then one time last time..

# 297 extremeskins04 @ 05/19/11 04:34 PM
[quote=mvb34;2042413293]
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Franchise mode looks fantastic this year. Couple of things:

quote]

If he's fumble prone then he had fumble more then one time last time..
He is fumble prone though. You can't just use one year, you have to look at his entire career thus far.

Lets look at this from a different view, and look at Darrelle Revis. Last year he had a mediocre year. Are we to go ahead and take away his "Shutdown Corner" role because he had one mediocre year? I don't think so. He's still one of the top 3 corners in the league, and he's still "Revis Island", and he's still a complete shutdown corner package.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.