Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 BallinVol @ 05/17/11 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I bleed Orange 24/7
Everyone who gets an entrance in will complain or at least be disappointed with it. I know I am, with Tennessee's entrance, no running through the T, but oh well at least I can add custom music to the entrance and throw in my remix of Rocky Top.

On the plus side, I am ready for NCAA 2012 & May 23rd (if we make it that far. ) How about the rest of ya?
Yeah sucks about the running through the T. Maybe next year? I for one was thinking about using swiper boy aka renaldo woolridge's Orange and White (remix to black and yellow by whiz khalifa) I gotta say that of all versions I've heard, he does the best job IMO. Its real catchy.

# 42 Roggie @ 05/17/11 06:24 PM
The entrances look great. Not a fan of any of the teams, so I can't actually judge accuracy, but the only thing that drives me crazy is the fact that fans in the crowd STILL only wear the jersey that the home team has on. Never wear an alternate/away jersey, or everyone in attendance owns the alternate jersey. It's minor, I know. Just is the one little thing that drives me crazy. NHL had every team jersey + some pink jerseys for the women in the crowd back on 08. Why can't NCAA?

# 43 pirates946 @ 05/17/11 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZapp
ben did say texas tech while talking about team entrances in the ustream i believe
I really hope so!! Ill have to go watch it now

# 44 DorianDonP @ 05/17/11 06:29 PM
I don't know if this is nitpicking or a true gripe. I guess I won't truly know until I am actually playing the game (and it prolly will determine if i will skip most of these when I'm in a dynasty) but I wish they had commentary going while some of these entrances were happening. I don't like the feel of dead air. Even if it was really basic commentary like "fans showing their disapproval for the visiting team" as the Bama players run out on Auburns field or Herbstreet or someone saying how a stadium is as loud as he has heard or maybe even some backstory to how these traditions were formed while they are being performed. Or throwing in some dynamic commentary like "Virginia hoping to avenge last years lost to Virginia Tech" as the coach talks to his players. As of now the only thing that happens is "and here comes team so and so" and then more dead air with the commentary.

Even if a commentary team sits back and lets the atmosphere take center stage, they still help to put the atmosphere in context with a few words.

1:31 "if you got a chance to experience what we are experiencing here, how could you not say yes to a scholarship offer?"

Something like that would be awesome for a commentator to say while the team entrance is going on. Also, I think it's still a little backwards. They do the team entrance and then do the quick analysis, and then the kickoff. I think the presentation for the pre-game should go like this.

1. ESPN graphics
2. Context of the game analysis
3. Team entrance
4. Key player analysis and keys to victory

Then the kickoff.

Not saying this to give crap to the dev for what they did do. I LOVE the effort they have put into the entrances. I'm sure I'll be pumped with the FSU entrance. Just offering a few thoughts for something they could add next year to boost an already great addition.

Really looking forward to the dynasty info releases.

# 45 jagsrock95 @ 05/17/11 06:34 PM
I wish they'd show OSU's entrance and hopefully they fixed it.
It's supposed look like this http://youtu.be/7BxfmexUMrc
but i doubt they touched it...sigh game still looks great though.

# 46 Husker Master @ 05/17/11 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhs22p
On their Facebook page EA said they would release another one today if they get up to a total of 630K fans.
I know! I'm praying for the video man!

# 47 BenGerman @ 05/17/11 07:04 PM
How many fans do they have right now?

# 48 Watson @ 05/17/11 07:04 PM
There really is no pleasing people.

You run a mile by yourself, they want two. You run the extra mile, they complain that you should have done it before, and then ask you to run another mile.

# 49 hkwforAUTigers @ 05/17/11 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
How is it a "bad sign?" Just because it wasnt portrayed, graphically, down to a "T"? Seriously, why ask for something to be put in, then when it IS put in, complain that it isn't done right? Espcially since they're limited, memory wise, AND they have other entrances to put in? Seriously, some people will never be satisfied.
yeah I suppose i came across rather harshly. I was so excited when I saw it was going to come up, and then i saw it and was like.... Okay, thats it? It really didnt seem that grand.
I have come off my high horse and realized that they cannot put that much detail into the game, and i dont hold them responsible i suppose. Besides, I KNOW that at least RTG will be good with Alex Howell on it now.
War eagle, and hopefully nobody hates me...

# 50 TDenverFan @ 05/17/11 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
627k, as of 7:10

# 51 hurricanefootball4 @ 05/17/11 07:13 PM
Quote:

I don't see it happening today

# 52 HoundsOfHowl @ 05/17/11 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
We won't see that video today....unfortunatly probably not all week. Unless all of us on OS make a seperate FB account and like them....pretty good idea.GO

# 53 dan_457 @ 05/17/11 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Which is what they had when they released the Video... so yeah. Most likely they won't reach 630 by the end of the day.

# 54 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/17/11 07:15 PM
Quote:
people like this

# 55 Jakeness23 @ 05/17/11 07:15 PM
Anybody know if East Carolina's entrance is in? The come out of a purple tunnel, there's purple smoke, and they come out to "Purple Haze." Since the music is customizable it'd be good enough having the tunnel and smoke, I can put the music in myself. Just wondering if anybody has heard anything.

# 56 BenGerman @ 05/17/11 08:32 PM
Presentation will not be a problem for me at ALL. Man that looks good. I'll just take out commentary (assuming its the same), and bump up custom sound, and crowd noise.

# 57 BenGerman @ 05/17/11 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
This is going to be the best.......Pre Game entrances game ever.
I know people are bickering over about how much time they spent on these entrances but remember:

There are separate teams that work on Presentation, Gameplay, Dynasty and RTG. So just because the guys from Presentation did their job, that does not mean the guys from Gameplay, or Dynasty didn't do their job. Its a simple fact. Lets not hate on the presentation developers for doing their job.

# 58 BenGerman @ 05/17/11 09:29 PM
Quote:
You must be Ben Haumiler?

Just kidding. I wasn't talking specifically to you, nor do I care whether or not you buy the game. I haven't even decided for sure if I'm going to get it. I'm just saying, it would be nice if we could give the Presentations guys their due. I'd hate for them to think we don't appreciate this kind of stuff, because most of us do.

# 59 Catamount53 @ 05/17/11 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I don't know if this is nitpicking or a true gripe. I guess I won't truly know until I am actually playing the game (and it prolly will determine if i will skip most of these when I'm in a dynasty) but I wish they had commentary going while some of these entrances were happening. I don't like the feel of dead air. Even if it was really basic commentary like "fans showing their disapproval for the visiting team" as the Bama players run out on Auburns field or Herbstreet or someone saying how a stadium is as loud as he has heard or maybe even some backstory to how these traditions were formed while they are being performed. Or throwing in some dynamic commentary like "Virginia hoping to avenge last years lost to Virginia Tech" as the coach talks to his players. As of now the only thing that happens is "and here comes team so and so" and then more dead air with the commentary.

Even if a commentary team sits back and lets the atmosphere take center stage, they still help to put the atmosphere in context with a few words.

1:31 "if you got a chance to experience what we are experiencing here, how could you not say yes to a scholarship offer?"

Something like that would be awesome for a commentator to say while the team entrance is going on. Also, I think it's still a little backwards. They do the team entrance and then do the quick analysis, and then the kickoff. I think the presentation for the pre-game should go like this.

1. ESPN graphics
2. Context of the game analysis
3. Team entrance
4. Key player analysis and keys to victory

Then the kickoff.

Not saying this to give crap to the dev for what they did do. I LOVE the effort they have put into the entrances. I'm sure I'll be pumped with the FSU entrance. Just offering a few thoughts for something they could add next year to boost an already great addition.

Really looking forward to the dynasty info releases.

I agree with you. It seems like the entrances could be done better and shortened and simplified some to get rid of the dead air. More analysis is needed for commentary also. Hopefully for '13 they take a good look at it and find a way to make it more fluid.

# 60 illwill10 @ 05/17/11 09:38 PM
Quote:
I agree BroHam. They did go all out this year. Im more than impressed! I surely appreciate it. I think we are just a little bitter after seeing the Madden Franchise additions. And there are a lot.
I know. I just hope there is big improvements to Dynasty as well.
5/23 is the date everyone is waiting for

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.