Home
FIFA Soccer 12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

UPDATE: Sorry, looks like the video was removed, here is what I saw.

UPDATE: Video re-added.

Wow, the video is pretty damn amazing. Here are some highlights.
  • Tactical Defending - Contain
  • Tactical Defending - New Opportunities
  • Dribbling - Jog Speed Turn Radius
  • Precision Dribbling - Precision Turn Radius
  • Precision Dribbling - Dribble While Shielding
  • Compares FIFA 11 Tackling Physics with the New Impact Engine Tackling (WOW! What a difference! I mean, WOW!)
  • Impact Engine - Shielding
  • Impact Engine - Unexpected Behaviors (Shows an AWESOME animation of a defender coming in, offensive player makes a move and does a flip)
  • Impact Engine - Variety (Shows a defender taking out a player that is going after the ball)
  • Impact Engine - Contextual Dribble Turns (Shows a player tapping the ball ahead, just a bit, then jumping to avoid a sliding tackle)
  • Impact Engine - Difficult Situations (Shows a player trying to kick the ball, but hits the other players foot instead and falls over)
  • Impact Engine - Shared Collisions (Shows 2 players going after the ball, each player had his own animation, depending on situation. In this particular one, it showed a player reaching out to kick a ball and the defender trying the same, after the ball is touched, the players lose balance and just looks very real)
  • Impact Engine - True Injuries (Woah... Shows a player getting roughed up, trying to advance the ball, he lands awkwardly on his right knee, after a little act job, he grabs his knee and gets up, gingerly)
  • True Injuries - Self Injuries (Damn, this is a great video. Anyways, this shows a player getting injured with nobody around him, looked like a strained groin and the defender takes the ball away)
  • True Injuries - Re-Injury (Shows a player getting tripped up and waving to the sidelines for someone to get him or sub in for him)
  • Impact Engine - Pushing and Pulling - Shows players pushing and pulling for position
According to the German website videogameszone, Mats Hummels will be the FIFA 12 cover athlete. Official news will arrive tomorrow.

Check out some of the new FIFA 12 screenshots, right here.

Game: FIFA Soccer 12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
FIFA Soccer 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ezio @ 05/20/11 09:20 AM
I am little concerned by the tackling stuff they showed. I know not every tackle will be like that but some of it seem to be a little bit overdone.

# 22 CaptainZombie @ 05/20/11 09:25 AM
It's looking good, but PES 2012 is also sounding very good from the Seabass interview. We might have 2 very very good soccer games come this fall.

# 23 jWILL253 @ 05/20/11 09:49 AM
Those tackles... those dribble turns... those collisions... those injuries...

INSANE...

# 24 misterbroom12 @ 05/20/11 11:20 AM
As someone said before, the CM and progression system need a big overhaul as well for me to fully enjoy this game, but nothing I saw in this video was a step in the wrong direction. Hopefully the ability to contain as a defender, effectiveness of shielding the ball and situational dribbling keep the game from being a high pressure tacklefest.

# 25 Krebstar @ 05/20/11 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
That is a bummer... what kind of details can you offer? And I would wager that Hummels is only a regional cover athlete.
Agreed. I don't doubt he'll be on the cover in and around Germany, but not for all regions.

# 26 chivs890 @ 05/20/11 12:02 PM
Wow.........just wow. Anyone who plays FIFA as much as I do will realise how incredible these improvements are absolutely incredible. Actually, anyone who plays sports games would see it.
This is now by far the most advanced sports game when it comes out, even beats out NHL with this new engine with the amount of aspects it affects. Such a huge jump from last year, which was an already amazing game.
So many little opportunities will open in gameplay now, especially with whats shown at about 1:15 with the player squeezing between two defenders, this is what I've always imagined the perfect FIFA game to have!!
I am now insaaaanely excited!

# 27 chivs890 @ 05/20/11 12:05 PM
All this game needs is big improvements to manager mode (which has been the only poor aspect of the game in recent years, and has been very poor) then this would be the game that I would have imagined for FIFA 16!
For someone like me who pretty much only plays FIFA all year round this is looking outstanding.

# 28 ~LiverpoolRed~ @ 05/20/11 01:13 PM
Love that you can get injured with nobody around them. Pulled groin, hammy, etc.

# 29 209vaughn @ 05/20/11 01:44 PM
I hope the offline career mode is hugely upgraded as well.

# 30 guaps @ 05/20/11 03:01 PM
... and I though FIFA 11 was a fantastic game. This looks like it will take all the sports video game awards.

On a side-note: This video makes the new additions to Madden look like these games are two different generations of console. Can't wait to get my hands on FIFA 12.

# 31 ZoneBlitz @ 05/20/11 10:41 PM
I can't see any video.

# 32 Chaos81 @ 05/20/11 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
I can't see any video.
Does this work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6WnN...layer_embedded

# 33 TreyIM2 @ 05/20/11 11:16 PM
Ok, ok, I'm buying it THIS year. Sheesh....

# 34 ZoneBlitz @ 05/21/11 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
Thanks. It seems the problem was that I was trying to view it on my iPad.

Kudos to what looks like it will be a great game. I am actually getting real excited about it. It's like my excitement for NBA 2k11. Sad, I used to be this excited about Madden. Honestly, however, the Madden team looks as if they are getting their act together this year.

FIFA 12 looks like it's going to be an amazing game. I hope I can use a create-a-team in franchise mode (or Manager Mode). Plus, they seemed to have developed an alternative to the real-time engine used in Backbreaker. It also seems to work pretty good. The models look a little stiff, but the overall game looks like it will be great.

# 35 woody2goody @ 05/21/11 07:38 AM
Wow, now I've seen that, the proof is there that this is going to be an amazing game of football. It's the little things...

# 36 carnalnirvana @ 05/21/11 11:58 AM
if user defending AI is still brainless all this great stuff will mean nothing. if i cant get the AI defenders to contain why put it in the game.....

i cant buy another fifa to play 10 positions we have to be able to play proper off ball defense with out spamming the pressure button

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.