Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Armor and Sword @ 06/04/11 08:46 AM
Sounds like they really revamped Gus's play by play.

Getting more and more excited by the week.

# 102 InTheGame @ 06/04/11 08:59 AM
I have to give the Madden team credit for trying to make so many radical changes to the game in a one year cycle. When you read the blogs on Dynamic Player Performance. Even the developers of the game are trying to let the community know that the new features are not just recycled Madden features.(Madden 08 weapons comparison)..... I do think that the implementation of DPP is a great idea. How it works remains to be seen. In theory, It is a radical and refreshing approach to the game.

This video does more harm than good. I am going to buy Madden 12 for sure. So it won't affect a die hard football gamer like me but this "sizzler" is not an authentic representation of Madden 12's DPP feature and the superstar like feel to the audio work done by Gus Johnson. One can only dream that the game has this type of immersive audio feel to it. For a game that professes to be "True". This video is not "true to the actual video game".

This is going to feel like a brand new game for sure because of the new franchise and dpp features but the gameplay looks just slightly different so far. The animations are still very wooden looking. I am going to give the visuals a pass because this isn't the final build but the gameplay looks untouched. Which is not a good thing. The ice skating and the unrealistic looking football animations appear to be the same as years past.

In the future, What I'd really like to see is the madden team showing videos on how they mo-capped player motion and moves for the game. It's nice having Reggie Bush in cool sneakers at Tiburon but while he is there, Can he motion cap his running and playing style?.... The game needs new motion captures and an upgraded animation system. You wanna be true to the game, Be true to NFL players movement and motion.

# 103 jmurphy31 @ 06/04/11 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Sounds like they really revamped Gus's play by play.

Getting more and more excited by the week.
They already said that Gus is just a voice over. They added new dialogue to go with the DPP, but my guess commentary will be similar to last year. This video reminds me of the IGN video last year when they had Gus and that other guy doing play-by play and it sounded great, then EA had to come on and say it was only for that video...

# 104 jrivera34 @ 06/04/11 09:03 AM
Damn you EA! You had to use my team and lay the smack down on the egirls and get me all pumped for football!!!!

I am going to need some will power to not buy on day one.

Nice video.

# 105 Enzo599 @ 06/04/11 09:05 AM
Animations are same as madden 11. Not impressed at all.

# 106 roadman @ 06/04/11 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I didn't want to be "that guy" again... but THIS! A thousand times THIS!

Thumbs up, thank you, +1, QFT, what ever.

Tired of the ice skating, the choppy movement, and how blatantly canned the animations look.

I am very excited about the off-the-field improvements. I really am. It's just... it's just like 5 years too late and the game play still looks poor. :Sigh:
And I hate to be that guy again, (post above yours) but a lot of people are saying this thread the animations are better, even the person you just quoted.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rformance.html

# 107 DGuinta1 @ 06/04/11 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo599
Animations are same as madden 11. Not impressed at all.
Yea I agree. I wasn't too impressed. Animations or movements of players look eh.

# 108 Exonerated @ 06/04/11 09:29 AM
game of the year

# 109 guaps @ 06/04/11 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And I hate to be that guy again, (post above yours) but a lot of people are saying this thread the animations are better, even the person you just quoted.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rformance.html
I agree with both kjcheezhead and PGaither84 on this one. Off the field improvements sounds great and the game does look good when viewed in screenshots, but the videos, even the one you're linking too, doesn't impress me at all. I find them discouraging, because they're showing the same issues that people have been complaining about for years.

And when EA's PR division (who'll do everything to prevent the game from looking bad) cannot make videos better looking than this, then I'm not impressed.

# 110 roadman @ 06/04/11 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
I agree with both kjcheezhead and PGaither84 on this one. Off the field improvements sounds great and the game does look good when viewed in screenshots, but the videos, even the one you're linking too, doesn't impress me at all. I find them discouraging, because they're showing the same issues that people have been complaining about for years.

And when EA's PR division (who'll do everything to prevent the game from looking bad) cannot make videos better looking than this, then I'm not impressed.
Surprized, Guaps, I really am.

Even hard core Madden folks who have hammered Madden in the past, have slightly praised the animations in the thread I'm linking.

Also, a developer mentioned this video is severely out of date, but that keeps getting ignored as well.

I'm not that impressed with this video, but I can tell a difference in the one I linked.

Even KJ made a post in that thread and stated the animations looked better than this one??

To each their own.

# 111 Frythatchicken @ 06/04/11 10:07 AM
Goose Bumps

# 112 guaps @ 06/04/11 10:13 AM
Quote:

Even hard core Madden folks who have hammered Madden in the past, have slightly praised the animations in the thread I'm linking.

Also, a developer mentioned this video is severely out of date, but that keeps getting ignored as well.

I'm not that impressed with this video, but I can tell a difference in the one I linked.

Even KJ made a post in that thread and stated the animations looked better than this one??

To each their own.
Hehe, surprised indeed

I'm just referring to the fact that not all hardcore fans are swept away by these videos, even if developers keep telling us that it's outdated, because the fact of the matter is that it's always outdate. The build at e3 will be outdated, and when people try the demo it will be outdated too.

I guess what PGaither84 and others (me included) are trying to express is that these issues have been in the game for years and it annoys us.

And yes, KJ said the linked video 'at least looked better' and I agree with that, but that's not saying that you're impressed.

# 113 mojo6911 @ 06/04/11 10:14 AM
Strange that they would put this video out, with out of date player models and voiced-over commentary.

# 114 Philliezfinest @ 06/04/11 10:21 AM
The commentary sounds great if that is how it is during the actual game mane dat would b great

# 115 SageInfinite @ 06/04/11 10:22 AM
Quote:

To each their own.

I agree that video looked alot better imo as well.

# 116 at23steelers @ 06/04/11 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
I'm glad you said it AJ cuz I have been biting my tongue because.I know I would have.been crucified on here for telling them. I have honestly never seen such nit picking in my entire life. The. Video is old, it is to shown off dPP an# thats it. You people waiting for the demo to make the call.... Good luck the demo has probably already been submitted to Sony and Mircosoft and guess what? They are still working on the game. So what you see on the demo is a general reference only and not a direct representation of the game... Just like last year.
I understand what you're saying but at the same time, EA chose to the release the video at this point in time, not us. Maybe they should have thought about having the video with more recent animations and not a few months old. They could have had Gus' voice and what he sounds like in the actual madden game instead of a voice over. It's because of EA's decisions on what went into this video that is getting criticism. I wouldn't blame that on anyone but EA.

# 117 BrianFifaFan @ 06/04/11 10:47 AM
Quote:

To each their own.
I think the problem lies in the fact that we are also watching vids like these: http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/fifa...BN6YdZB8bhz35s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2673ZHGK_Q

So while the point could be made that Madden has to viewed in a stand alone manner, or along side NCAA, the point is also valid that it looks like it's still not up to the point of being "wow" worthy. Now I do have a hard time believing that Madden will get up to the above level in the remaing cycle time. Old build or not. This isn't a "meh" or "that sucks!" from me. It's more about whether or not I can overlook the shortcomings that are and have been evident in this series for some time. It's about if I love playing a football game enough to cast a blind eye.

I loved NCAA, played it a bunch until Nov. Then both Fifa and NBA2k came out. Didn't buy Madden at all. Here's the problem. As soon as I really got into both, NCAA became a coaster. Permanently. This from a pretty rabid Michigan fan. Game just lost it's gleam in light of not one, but two, clearly superior games. Not having last years Madden never even caused a pang of regret. I still love football IRL, but the videogame version is really starting to lose it's grip on me. No more Gamestop at midnight, it's not a good enough, or should I say fresh enough, game to warrant it. Until an updated animation/locomotion engine and some really good physics are implemented, I'll be compelled to look at this game as a Christmas money purchase. And normally by then any compulsiveness is gone. I'm waiting for two patches and reading all the feedback before I take the plunge. That after 7 staight years of Day one buy.Just saying......

# 118 mdistefano @ 06/04/11 12:15 PM
didn't we see dynamic performance in Tecmo Super Bowl? Players would go from bad to excellent from game to game. Barry Sanders when excellent would be unstoppable...as would Bo Jackson

# 119 roadman @ 06/04/11 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I think the problem lies in the fact that we are also watching vids like these: http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/fifa...BN6YdZB8bhz35s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2673ZHGK_Q

So while the point could be made that Madden has to viewed in a stand alone manner, or along side NCAA, the point is also valid that it looks like it's still not up to the point of being "wow" worthy. Now I do have a hard time believing that Madden will get up to the above level in the remaing cycle time. Old build or not. This isn't a "meh" or "that sucks!" from me. It's more about whether or not I can overlook the shortcomings that are and have been evident in this series for some time. It's about if I love playing a football game enough to cast a blind eye.

I loved NCAA, played it a bunch until Nov. Then both Fifa and NBA2k came out. Didn't buy Madden at all. Here's the problem. As soon as I really got into both, NCAA became a coaster. Permanently. This from a pretty rabid Michigan fan. Game just lost it's gleam in light of not one, but two, clearly superior games. Not having last years Madden never even caused a pang of regret. I still love football IRL, but the videogame version is really starting to lose it's grip on me. No more Gamestop at midnight, it's not a good enough, or should I say fresh enough, game to warrant it. Until an updated animation/locomotion engine and some really good physics are implemented, I'll be compelled to look at this game as a Christmas money purchase. And normally by then any compulsiveness is gone. I'm waiting for two patches and reading all the feedback before I take the plunge. That after 7 staight years of Day one buy.Just saying......
The NHL video really wowed me. Unfortunately, I'm not a hockey fan and only follow my sons playing soccer, so, that's the first time I saw those.

Phil Frazier came out in a interview and stated that phyics is on the horizon for Madden. How long that is, hard to tell. Cam Weber has also stated that physics needs to play a bigger role in Madden.

I'm not saying it's wow worthy either, just noticing a few people who have been disappointed with Madden on NG noticing slightly better animations in the other trailer.

It's not for everyone.

# 120 BrianFifaFan @ 06/04/11 01:00 PM
Quote:
The NHL video really wowed me. Unfortunately, I'm not a hockey fan and only follow my sons playing soccer, so, that's the first time I saw those.

Phil Frazier came out in a interview and stated that phyics is on the horizon for Madden. How long that is, hard to tell. Cam Weber has also stated that physics needs to play a bigger role in Madden.

I'm not saying it's wow worthy either, just noticing a few people who have been disappointed with Madden on NG noticing slightly better animations in the other trailer.

It's not for everyone.
I feel you. But it can never be said that I'm a *****. You know how much time and all of the long-winded posts about wanting this game to be good. Now I'll grant I was always Mr. Fifa and praised it all the time on this board. But only to say "hey, Madden could be this and benefit from this tech." I really want Madden to be the best it can be. I love my Bengals and have played Madden for a long time. Since 93 on my Sega Genesis. But I'm not that big a Madden addict to say that this game is top notch. It's almost in Triple Play territory with me. It's about time for a MVP-like makeover.

There are guys like Michael Young and Donny Moore who I can see are busting their collective chops trying to hide all of the blemishes. Problem is this game is a blonde. A pretty blonde, yet still BLONDE. You can paint over the warts to a point. But we all know that this games problems are in the brains of the game, not the pretty part. You can make the game have presntation values and depth, you can make the players attempt to move around in the way that it looks like they fixed zones, but they just slide differently. I maintain that this series needs a basic "engine"-level makeover. Tweaking the code ain't enough, it needs reworked. Fifa got $40 million from Peter Moore for a reboot. They need to put the same money into Madden. Seeing as it is the cash cow. Oh wait, WAS the cash cow.... That would now be Fifa...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.