Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 illwill10 @ 06/06/11 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM938
Great. Thanks. Another question is that will there be the State playoffs on top of the Season or just the Season?
hasnt been released yet

# 62 nolefan28169 @ 06/06/11 06:21 PM
does anyone know when were due for an official release of all of the details on rtg? i thought I had heard they were doing it at e3 so is it tomorrow or something?

# 63 illwill10 @ 06/06/11 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolefan28169
does anyone know when were due for an official release of all of the details on rtg? i thought I had heard they were doing it at e3 so is it tomorrow or something?
I am not sure. I think anytime between Tomorrow-13th

# 64 xITSxDAWKINSx @ 06/06/11 06:23 PM
both ways!!!! i love it

# 65 TuffJuff @ 06/06/11 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I saw in Madden Ustream in SuperStar you will still start automatically. It MIGHT affect if I want to import or not
That is so stupid! So i could be a 7th round pick and start of Manning or Brady or Rodgers. So dumb

# 66 Jjkidd85 @ 06/06/11 07:02 PM
Man I cannot wait ncaa rtg lookin good I hope that they put the dorm rooms back. And I hope the have your coach on the sideline also

# 67 TuffJuff @ 06/06/11 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
Yeah, I played my junior year for a team with 12 players. You heard me, 12. We all played both ways. We won a grand total of one game that year. I played HB, SE, TE and DE with HB/DE being my best positions.
Ha in my high school we had over 100 players on the team. Some of the star players played both ways, but most focused on one position.

# 68 illwill10 @ 06/06/11 07:24 PM
I already created my HS teams unis for RTG on old TB. Once the new comes out I will recreate the league when I went to HS. I am trying to decide whether to use current jersey style or old jersey style when I was there(dont like either one).
Cant wait to see more vids and info.
I am not sure whether they will release vids each day this week or scattered. I think they might be doing one each day because they have 5 total vids

# 69 Michgantown @ 06/06/11 08:32 PM
This will be fun when this game its the physics right. Watching my schools 180 pound linemen get manhandled by everyone in our conference

# 70 mcmike9 @ 06/06/11 08:38 PM
I really doubt they will MAKE you play both ways. It's still cook to have the option tho. But to be forced to would be ridiculous. No one on my high school team went both ways.

# 71 bnb @ 06/06/11 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
It depends on the size of your school. Where I played we were 4A which was the highest level in SC. Everyone works both ways, although everyone didn't play both ways. Our depth was the ability to play both ways (ex: I played SS but would have backed up any WRs who got hurt and vice versa there was a WR who backed me up at SS) there were a few who straight up played both ways.

EDIT: I will also say that a majority of the schools below 4A have most of their players playing both ways. So in other words it is more common than not to have kids playing both ways in SC.
i played high school ball in small town montana. my school was "class c". 8-man football on an 80-yard field. we ALL played both sides of the ball. i was RB and CB/S, my buddy was TE and DE. we didn't have a choice due to lack of students.

# 72 Catamount53 @ 06/06/11 09:13 PM
A lot of the really good players will play both ways. Most teams will try to get their best players on the field and in this game you are the best player on your team so it makes sense.

# 73 da ThRONe @ 06/06/11 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
A lot of the really good players will play both ways. Most teams will try to get their best players on the field and in this game you are the best player on your team so it makes sense.
I don't have a problem wit it I just don't want to do so. The impression I'm getting is you will have to.

# 74 phlstar @ 06/06/11 09:54 PM
it seems like most schools players play both ways do except maybe Big football schools but then i don't see why you wouldn't want your star athlete to only play one position.

# 75 illwill10 @ 06/06/11 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I don't have a problem wit it I just don't want to do so. The impression I'm getting is you will have to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlstar
it seems like most schools players play both ways do except maybe Big football schools but then i don't see why you wouldn't want your star athlete to only play one position.
Fully agree.
I know some positions like Dline will most likly be a one position in HS. I dont think it would be forced. If someone does a Pocketpasser, it would be a huge disadvantage on defense.
I think there also will be a "sim other side" feature. I already know the players I will create and the position they would play, so I wont have a question of what position.
But it is a nice option, especially if you play alot of RTg postions. So you can have a early feel to a postion

# 76 Catamount53 @ 06/06/11 10:27 PM
Just off the top of my head.

Jadeveon Clowney: DE and HB/FB
Daquan Bower: DE and HB
Zeke Pike: QB and LB
Jaime Harper: HB and LB
LaMarcus Joyner: DB and WR
Deandre Hopkins: DB and WR
Most linemen go both ways

Its pretty common in HS. Even the pocket QBs can be bigger and more athletic than the average HS starter. This is like what I was saying awhile ago most great players play multiple positions.(and they should be able to in the game but thats another topic.)

I do hope they don't force us to play both sides though.

# 77 Gloves 82 @ 06/06/11 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
Just off the top of my head.

Jadeveon Clowney: DE and HB/FB
Daquan Bower: DE and HB
Zeke Pike: QB and LB
Jaime Harper: HB and LB
LaMarcus Joyner: DB and WR
Deandre Hopkins: DB and WR
Most linemen go both ways

Its pretty common in HS. Even the pocket QBs can be bigger and more athletic than the average HS starter. This is like what I was saying awhile ago most great players play multiple positions.(and they should be able to in the game but thats another topic.)

I do hope they don't force us to play both sides though.
Not to mention all the guys listed as "athletes" coming out of high school

# 78 acts238shaun @ 06/06/11 11:25 PM
I know McFadden was the hardest hitting safety in the state as well as being an awesome RB/option QB.

Hillis played some LB I believe. I'd rather not get hit by either. I was 5-10 and 150lbs in high school, lol.

# 79 MrRudy @ 06/06/11 11:36 PM
I went to HS with Trent Cole of the Eagles. He was definitely a terror at the FB position as well as D-line.

# 80 4solo @ 06/06/11 11:59 PM
I played ball in GA. At my HS we would always have close to 100 boys come out but some still played both ways just b/c they were that good. I just played LB though. But I feel what others are saying it should be an option to play both ways or not.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.