Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

If the embedded video doesn't work for you, click here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Goffs @ 06/07/11 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
things like this are what i'm talking about. If they still seriously have the issue where you can't walk up the court without a hunch it would be flat out laziness that they didn't fix that and i won't buy the game unless these simple things are fixed. Things like the calf sleeve glitch has been going on for years and if they didn't seriously fix it by now thats lazy.
im sure the walk up animations will be addressed since Mike himself chimed in the no walk up thread as for the calf sleeve glitch....well...whats one more year

# 62 elprez98 @ 06/07/11 12:32 PM
There's not enough meat on this bone. I'll wait a while.

# 63 NoTiCe_O @ 06/07/11 12:37 PM
Kobe: "Its a set up, its a Set up!"

Yea the NBA is rigged, been tryna tell ppl that, thanks for the clarification Kobe

# 64 NINJAK2 @ 06/07/11 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymannemcee
Also! Someone was right on the Artest drive to the basket.

From my eyes, it DEFINITELY did not look canned. If I wanted to drive in 2K11, knowing that I want Artest to go up and lay it up on the left hand side, he would either probably do some weird *** fading away jumpshot or he would be canned into a long animation where he'd either get blocked or fouled.

That 2K12 drive looked cleaner, though. Maybe it's just me.
It's not just you..I noticed that right away in the video. They still have 5 months before release too.

# 65 aloncho11 @ 06/07/11 01:02 PM
Man Kobe ruined the vid for me...As he is playing the camera almost solely focuses on him, and I'm going "Damn! Keep showing the gameplay!".

# 66 Canes305 @ 06/07/11 01:11 PM
I cant stand Kobe

# 67 aloncho11 @ 06/07/11 01:13 PM
^LOL. I just dislike the fact that the camera was focusing on him and not focusing at the important stuff which was the last few minutes of the gameplay demo.

# 68 blues rocker @ 06/07/11 01:37 PM
why do people care so much about the "walk up" animations? i'd rather have full control of my player when bringing the ball up the court than have my player start doing some canned walk up animation as he brings the ball up. they probably got rid of the walk up animations because they would interfere with your ability to do isomotion moves (crossovers, spin moves, etc.) when brining the ball up. having control is better than forcing my player into a walk up animation. the act of bringing the ball up is 2 seconds of the game at most and the walk up issue is purely a cosmetic thing...doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game at all.

i don't have a problem with the CPU-controlled players doing canned walk up animations, but I don't want the game to force my palyer to do it as I'm controlling him.

# 69 RipCity71252 @ 06/07/11 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
why do people care so much about the damn "walk up" animations. i'd rather have full control of my player when bringing the ball up the court than have my player start doing some canned animation as he brings the ball up. they probably got rid of the walk up animations because they would interfere with your ability to do isomotion moves (crossovers, spin moves, etc.) when brining the ball up. have control is better than the game forcing my player into a walk up animation.
They could be pressure sensitive. They could just have them kick in when you are just gently pushing up on the LS, versus full on. I agree that it shouldn't be like what we've seen in the past where you had to wait for the ani to play out even if you didn't want to walk it up to begin with.

# 70 Jangle Leg @ 06/07/11 01:52 PM
*sticks with the Xbox 360*

The move support looks good enough to try it once, but I doubt many people will continue to play ball that way. 2K11 was hard enough with the controller to direct pass and most people ended up using icon passing. Just think how difficult it would be to point with the move controller and hoping the CPU doesn't steal the ball if you mess up.

I'll wait until August when I start seeing the newer builds to get excited.

# 71 TalenT @ 06/07/11 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCity71252
They could be pressure sensitive. They could just have them kick in when you are just gently pushing up on the LS, versus full on. I agree that it shouldn't be like what we've seen in the past where you had to wait for the ani to play out even if you didn't want to walk it up to begin with.
You could break out of the animations in the past by simply pressing the turbo button. I, personally, miss them a lot. It gives the game a nice touch. It also separates the teams as far as tempo goes. Teams that run don't do it as often.

# 72 DaWolf @ 06/07/11 01:58 PM
Rim physics look unchanged. Hope this and the rest will look more different to 2k11 once its released.

# 73 2KAllDay @ 06/07/11 03:32 PM
I dont like how D Wade was sliding when he was doing his pumpfake hopefully these small features would be fixed

# 74 idesign2 @ 06/07/11 04:40 PM
Man, those fans look like they are on coke.

# 75 statum71 @ 06/07/11 05:24 PM
Love it how Kobe took a stab at Miami when he said..

"the Heat ain't got 5 of them things."

# 76 Da_Czar @ 06/07/11 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
The first video/info we get for 2K12 and it's the Move? That's lame.

And I agree with the poster above me the player movement is still too robotic. I know this is an early build but why show it at E3 if it looks exactly the same as 2K11.
When you say movement what specifically are you talking about ? the layups and dunks or the transitional movement's ? In comparison what game this generation has excellent movement ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
to anyone who complains that it looks too similar to 2k11...you just can't expect to see a drastic difference from year to year, especially when there wasn't much wrong with 2k11. 2k11 did so many things right, it's a good thing that they don't change much.

player models and graphics are going to look mostly the same because as long as they're working with the same systems there isn't a lot they can improve with the graphics considering that the current systems have pretty much maxed out what they can do.

and animations are going to be mostly the same year to year because a player is supposed to do a layup a certain way and dribble ball a certain way and 2k already had them doing it correctly in 2k11. other than smoothing out some movements and tweaking some minor things, you really can't expect to see a huge difference in look from 2k11 to 2k12...and that's a good thing!
exceptionally stated !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Hard to see much of an improvement but i'll say this point blank if they don't fix calf sleeves, socks, other accessories to be more realistic looking and add more variety then i won't be buying this game. I doubt the gameplay change is going to be drastic and i don't want to spend money on a new game with drastic accessory issues.

Dirty Jerz I can practically guarantee you will buy this game even if they don't fix the accessories. Your a hoop fiend my friend don't fool yourself. By the time the game launches you'll be in line money in hand Just like the rest of us.

# 77 Da_Czar @ 06/07/11 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic34
I could understand motion controls if you were actually simulating the feel of playing or coaching a game. But it just seems like you are moving the controller and point and clicking with a mouse or a laser pointer on where you want to pass to. It's like why not just play the game from a pc and point and click with a mouse. I just don't get where the innovation is here. It seems like we are going backwards as far as gameplay is concerned.

I know these companies are pushing move and these motion controls, but come on guys stick with your guns. The consensus is no one even wants this stuff and there are reasons for that. It's not that we aren't open minded either. But I think that is being played on a bit. Is nba 2k12 really going to sell more because you can point and click with a motion controller? Where is the innovation here?

Motion controls are great for presentations. But in the gaming world meh.

I can sort of see if you are a coach and are using nba 2k as a simulator and as a coaching tool. That would be sweet. But these are games.

If you can actually move your defenders to spots and have complete control that's one thing. If you were adding increased depth, it could be a pretty good teaching tool. It would replace the blackboard. But I'm not seeing that here.

These are video games and I don't see where this is to be taken seriously. It's hurting gameplay and isn't in depth enough where it can be used as anything else either.

If you guys are trying to create the ultimate simulator and teaching tool that's one thing. But yeah. Good luck.

I honestly don't see why anyone would play the game this way except as a way to show it off. Now if you can get it so you are doing crossovers between your legs at an angle and then passing left and right and then going over the top for a dunk where it's actually simulating motions of players and gameplay I'd be impressed. Hold a button for certain movements. Let go of the button to pass. Stuff like that. But this is so far off at this point. I don't even know if that's even possible at this point.

The problem is you'd need kinect and move together to pull off all those motions. Right now the technology just isn't there to do anything like that.
I'm with celtic the move control is just not for me. It LOOKED boring.

# 78 Da_Czar @ 06/07/11 05:54 PM
Last thing I think most know this already but in case you don't. 2k has an entire team working on the game. The most familiar to us are the Gameplay dev's as the art guys don't really come on here often if at all.

The gameplay guys work on gameplay all year long. Regardless what other features you see it does not take away from gameplay development in the sense that Rob Jones is now working on the point and click interface for the move. LOL It doesn't work that way. Same thing with Art and Presentation.

I have never and I don't have as much experience as Pared but I think he would agree. NEVER met a lazy developer. It almost like meeting an out of shape enlisted Marine. It goes contrary to job at hand. Most times if something is not changed like calf sleeves or walk up ani's it's because it would take too much development time to correct and mean something else of higher importance may not make it in the game. Or there is not enough time to implement and test to keep bugs out.

So take issue with the decision to fix or not to fix which is your right. But Dev's start turning a def ear when you speak on character things like laziness when in fact they are working 12-18 hour days to get you the game you love in its best form. I recognize the forum but this goes for the EA dudes I have had interaction with as well.

Just my 2C of course YMMV and all the other behind covering gestures needed

# 79 RICH72601 @ 06/07/11 06:00 PM
I got a little excited when I saw 2k was showing something, but then that quickly changed. I guess some people would find some fun in the Move feature.

I know this is an early build but the player models need a total overhaul. Like many people have said, wingspan should definitely be considered and implimented correctly. Things like accessories will NEVER be fixed completely until they are able to differentiate elbows/forearms, knees/calves. Their models are the problem. It also affects layering and such. They need a nice selection on player builds which is not affected by how much a player weighs.

I'm still looking forward to what 2k puts out this year and always hoping for the best.

# 80 Fitnessboy @ 06/07/11 06:04 PM
You gotto be kinding me, the graphics of this game are every year the same what's up with that, ok gameplay i know you guys see alot of things in this and thats important but graphics its allready taken from 2k9 that it didn't change anything about the game courts have to be more nice the arena players do something with it in stead of making always the same things and just adjust the lights in the game.

If this is the case this year i will not buy this game and i have all 2K games but i am sick of it that we see every year the same old Graphs.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.