Home
Madden 12 News Post

Jon Robinson of ESPN has given us our initial look at the team ratings for the AFC East in Madden NFL 12.

We're breaking down the team overall ratings for 'Madden NFL 12,' starting with the AFC East.
Who is the top team in "Madden NFL 12"? That's the question we are here to answer as ESPN.com and EA Sports bring you an exclusive first look at the Team Overall Ratings for every team in the game. We'll be leaking them out, division by division, over the course of the next eight days. But we won't stop there. After we give you the Team Overall Ratings, starting August 1, we will bring out the big guns with an exclusive look at the "Madden 12" Player Ratings, as well as a breakdown of the top five players from key positions. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. To kick things off, here is a look at the Team Overall Ratings for the AFC East.

Buffalo Bills: 73
The 28th ranked team in the game, and it's really no surprise when you only have two players on your roster rated an 89 overall or higher and one of those is your punter.

Miami Dolphins: 78
With two studs at tackle, this should give Chad Henne plenty of time to hit Brandon Marshall in the open field. But with Henne's 75 throwing accuracy, he might not always find the target.

New York Jets: 87
Tied for the fourth highest overall rating in "Madden 12," the Jets defense is a force to be reckoned with thanks to Mr. 99 overall Darrelle Revis, not to mention three other defenders rated 90 overall or higher.

New England Patriots: 88
The third best team in the game according to the ratings thanks in part to Tom Brady's 99 overall. But the "Madden" love doesn't stop there as the Patriots feature 21 players rated 80 overall or higher in the game.

Source: Madden NFL 12 Team Ratings - AFC East

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 fitch94 @ 07/21/11 11:54 PM
Jesus the Pats were the most dominate team in the NFL last year... I would expect nothing less than 21 80+ players. They were 14-2.

# 22 boogeyman12 @ 07/22/11 10:27 AM
i wonde how much my jets will go down if they lose cro/holmes/edwards (they're planning on keeping at least 1 wr). also brad smith's a fa, all though he's more a return/wildcat guy

oh and that NE list.. bodden, chung, branch -- NO, to me.. and stroud fell off alot since being a jag.. & TE aaron has a ton of POTENTIAL but he's more a 78 ish probably with 'A' potential probably

# 23 PaPZ187 @ 07/22/11 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogeyman12
i wonde how much my jets will go down if they lose cro/holmes/edwards (they're planning on keeping at least 1 wr). also brad smith's a fa, all though he's more a return/wildcat guy

oh and that NE list.. bodden, chung, branch -- NO, to me.. and stroud fell off alot since being a jag.. & TE aaron has a ton of POTENTIAL but he's more a 78 ish probably with 'A' potential probably
I am almost certain that Bodden and Chung will be 2 of the 21 players that are an 80+....I dont think Branch should be one of them, but start making a list and try to figure out the 21 players that will be atleast an 80 ovr and you will almost have to put guys like Branch and Woodhead on the list even though personally I dont think they should be that high.

# 24 PaPZ187 @ 07/22/11 12:05 PM
Quote:

Yeah I wonder the same thing too. I know alot of fans (especially Pats, Fins and other fans that hate the Jets) are going to think the Jets will drop off this season after losing atleast one of the WRs and a couple other FAs, but I am not worried. With a top defense and OLine and Sanchez entering his 3rd season we will be fine and be in contention to win the AFC just like we were the past 2 years.

# 25 NYfanatic @ 07/23/11 05:35 PM
Well 21 pats rated 80+ is way too high, guess i will be edting them.
The jets also dont have jenkins or Woody anymore. They were cut.
So the only jets rated 90+
-Mangold 96
-Harris 92
-Scott 90
-Revis 99
thats it. If anyone else is above 90 then donny Moore is just making us edit more and more

# 26 Armor and Sword @ 07/23/11 07:16 PM
Priority one.

Replace Chad Robo Henne. 75 Accuracy?

Blech. They nailed that rating.

# 27 RnRexpress3423 @ 07/24/11 06:42 PM
It just makes me sad that Henne has a lower throwing accuracy rating than that of Tim Tebow, even though its just a one point difference. I know he isn't the most accurate but damn.

# 28 RnRexpress3423 @ 07/24/11 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Priority one.

Replace Chad Robo Henne. 75 Accuracy?

Blech. They nailed that rating.
I'm hoping this new OC opens it up a bit this year. Who are you going to replace him with? I personally would take Vince Young if he has his head on right, the guy knows how to win games. Just needs to stay out of the medicine cabinet.

Other than that I love the defense this year and with Edds and Odrick back from injury, they just add depth to an already deep defense. Watch out for Vontae Davis and Sean Smith at the corner spots this year as they will be in WR's faces all game long. I just want them to rid themselves of Crowder. He talks the talk but can't walk the walk. Doesn't force fumbles or get sacks, he does nothing but get some tackles here and there when he's not injured or talking trash.

# 29 StreetCarp @ 07/24/11 08:35 PM
Quote:

You pretty much nailed it with the second paragraph, except for Chung. Bodden and Branch are borderline--could be high 70s or low 80s. Stroud? 70s for sure.

I think the 80+ players SHOULD be: Brady, Welker, Gronkowski, Mankins, Vollmer, Warren, Wilfork, Mayo, Bodden, Chung, McCourty, Meriweather, Gostkowski, Mesko, and Katula (they're including LS in this game, right?). That's a total of 15. They're probably assuming Matt Light remains on the team, but I think he'll walk. They're probably also giving 80+ ratings to Green-Ellis, Branch, Hernandez, and Koppen. Maybe Stroud, I don't know. I haven't paid attention to him since the mid-2000s when he was relevant. What was he rated in Madden 11?

# 30 RnRexpress3423 @ 07/26/11 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
No way to Vince Young, agree with everything else you said. Look at Young's numbers compared to Hennes their first 2 seasons playing. Hennes numbers were actually slightly better...sure Young has had a couple of decent seasons, particularly last year, but I think that has as much to do with this other guy in the backfield defenses were focusing a little bit more attention on...kinda helps having a guy who can rush for 2,000 yds to take some pressure off you. I wonder if defenses were selling out to stop the run last year....Young wouldn't have that luxury in Miami.
Man I just pray that Chad Henne plays lights out this year and we won't even have to talk about Vince Young or getting any QB for that matter. I'll never forget Donte Whitner from the Bills saying that Brandon Marshall was basically running the same routes that Ted Ginn used to run when he was on the Fins. We need to switch it up and I hope Daboll really implements some new kind of offense. We need to pound the rock and then that will open up Henne on those playaction passes. The o-line should be improved with pouncey at center, I am just concerned about Carey with the back injury. LETS GO FINS!! First game on MNF I cant wait, just sucks I have to wait a day longer than everyone else lol.

# 31 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 07/26/11 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
No way to Vince Young, agree with everything else you said. Look at Young's numbers compared to Hennes their first 2 seasons playing. Hennes numbers were actually slightly better...sure Young has had a couple of decent seasons, particularly last year, but I think that has as much to do with this other guy in the backfield defenses were focusing a little bit more attention on...kinda helps having a guy who can rush for 2,000 yds to take some pressure off you. I wonder if defenses were selling out to stop the run last year....Young wouldn't have that luxury in Miami.
Yeah... except Young was winning games in Tennessee (a 17-11 record in 2 years) before Tennessee even drafted CJ2K.

I think Vince and Tarvaris have sort of gotten a bad rep (rap? lol) because of the fact that their numbers aren't pretty, but they bring things to the offense that other QBs don't bring, and they've both done a pretty nice job of getting W's and have also improved as passers in their careers.

# 32 bmj2k7 @ 07/28/11 08:29 PM
I would add Brandon Spikes to the 80+ rating club, b4 he was suspended 4 games, he was on pace for 100 tackle season, and had a 82 rating i think. Better be at work EA, with Chad Ochocinco and Albert Hanyesworth on NE, and possibly Osi Umenyoira soon, Reggie Bush and soon Kyle Orton a Dolphin, The Bills lost there Mlb and the Jets haven't done much, haven't resigned Edwards, and Cromartie and doesn't look like there going to, there not landing Nnambi but atleast they got Holmes back. EA has there work cut out for them just for this division!

# 33 bedwardsroy19 @ 07/29/11 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPZ187
Possible 80+ rated Patriot Players

QB Brady
WR Welker
WR Branch
TE Gronkowski
TE Hernandez
RB Green Ellis
RB Woodhead
G Mankins
K Gostkowski
T Light
T Vollmer
C Koppen
S Merryweather
S Chung
CB McCourty
ILB Mayo
NT Wilfork
DE Warren
CB Bodden
DT Stroud

While I cant say I would agree with all of these guys rated 80s and above, this is my best guess at who they could be, and I still dont have 20 of them, maybe missing a lineman or two and possibly a linebacker.
I wouldn't be surprised if Zoltan Mesko was an 80.

I would be surprised if Leigh Bodden was

# 34 TalenT @ 07/29/11 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Yeah... except Young was winning games in Tennessee (a 17-11 record in 2 years) before Tennessee even drafted CJ2K.

I think Vince and Tarvaris have sort of gotten a bad rep (rap? lol) because of the fact that their numbers aren't pretty, but they bring things to the offense that other QBs don't bring, and they've both done a pretty nice job of getting W's and have also improved as passers in their careers.
I agree. Say what you want about VY...the guy wins ball games, but all this talk is for naught. The damn Eagles picked him up! :-(

Matt Moore though? IDK about that one. I'll be starting Henne no doubt.

# 35 PaPZ187 @ 08/15/11 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPZ187
Possible 80+ rated Patriot Players

QB Brady
WR Welker
WR Branch (77)
TE Gronkowski
TE Hernandez
RB Green Ellis
RB Woodhead
G Mankins
K Gostkowski
T Light
T Vollmer
C Koppen
S Merryweather
S Chung
CB McCourty
ILB Mayo
NT Wilfork
DE Warren
CB Bodden
DT Stroud

While I cant say I would agree with all of these guys rated 80s and above, this is my best guess at who they could be, and I still dont have 20 of them, maybe missing a lineman or two and possibly a linebacker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk
I lol'ed. loled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Forget it.

Yeah Woodhead shouldn't be an 80
Quote:

Not bad, out of the 20 players I guessed were atleast an 80 overall and up I was correct about 19 of them, the only one I was incorrect about was Branch who is a 77 overall.

The other 80+ I didnt name were HB Morris 81 and RE Wright 84. Like I said before, I dont agree that all those players should be 80+, I was just guessing who I thought EA had at 80+ ovr.

Link - http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...gland-patriots

# 36 PaPZ187 @ 08/15/11 01:44 PM
One thing I will be interested in checking out once I get the retail version is if Donny and company rasied Ocho and Haynesworth ratings just because they were traded to the Patriots.

I wouldmt be surprised at all if ratings like Awareness and Play Recognition get boosts just because they are a Patriot now instead of playing for a bad team, especially Haynesworth.

Here are the current ratings with their former teams:

WR Chad Ocho Conco (Cin) - 85 overall
speed - 91
acceleration - 93
strength - 48
agility - 93
awareness - 91
catch - 88
jump - 90
elusivness - 92
spectacular catch - 92
catch in traffic - 76
route running - 97
stamina - 97
injury - 89
toughness - 77

Link - http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...innati-bengals

DT Albert Haynesworth (Was) - 83 overall
speed - 64
acceleration - 83
strength - 96
agility - 61
awareness - 75
tackle - 83
power move - 92
block shed - 93
pursuit - 73
play recognition - 73
hit power - 70
stamina - 62
injury - 77
toughness - 78

Link - http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...ngton-redskins

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.