Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

NCAA Football 12 Title Update #3 will be available on Friday, October 7th.

Quote:
UPDATE: Title Update #3 addressing the "No Huddle" issue has made it through first party certification and will be available Friday (10/7).

This update was rushed out to get this addressed as quickly as possible, so the "No Huddle" is the only thing addressed.

Some details were revealed on September 21st.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Sundown2600 @ 10/04/11 02:10 AM
The only news that excites me regarding an EA published game these days is Mass Effect 3.

# 22 EvanRG @ 10/04/11 02:19 AM
I am soo over this game -- quite disappointing really how horrible this game was bug-wise. I feel like I payed 64 dollars to beta test NCAA 13. (which I will 100% NOT be getting)

# 23 Dazraz @ 10/04/11 04:56 AM
With great release recently such as NHL12, FIFA 12 & F1 2011 along with the forthcoming releases of NBA 2K12 & Forza 4 I'm finding myself with very little urge to keep going back to NCAA 12. This game needs more than a patch to get me excited. NCAA 11 was such a big step forward from the previous year but the Franchise has pretty much stood still this year. I'm finding Madden alot more enjoyable & that game is along way from perfect.

# 24 dochalladay32 @ 10/04/11 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
Yawn. Game will still be largely unplayable specifically any form of dynasty. Get back to me when you start work on the MUCH needed patch 4.
My dynasty is playing just fine. It's all in the eye of the constant complainer

# 25 Aranor @ 10/04/11 08:17 AM
No huddle thats your list

# 26 georgiafan @ 10/04/11 08:28 AM
so does this mean I have to re create all my custom playbooks?

# 27 ucas005 @ 10/04/11 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
My dynasty is playing just fine. It's all in the eye of the constant complainer
Get back to me in season 2 when you're editing ALL incoming freshman to fix Tendencies Bug Part II. I still think a lot of this game is a disaster, but I was finding ways to have fun with it ... that was until season 2 of my dynasty hit. WAY to much work has to be put into this game to make it play like NHL12, MLB The Show, FIFA12 and NBA 2K12 have proven a game can and should play even right out of the box.

# 28 crques @ 10/04/11 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicDB
Same old crap...when (if ever) do y'all think the physics engine will finally get a complete overhaul? I can't imagine they can keep adding mascot mashup/marching bands/3d grass crap forever. They HAVE to tackle core gameplay issues at some point....don't they?
I used to believe that they would eventually revamp the whole gameplay engine, but now I'm about as confident in that as I am in an Indianapolis Colts/Seattle Seahawks Superbowl matchup this season.

# 29 saunders45 @ 10/04/11 09:27 AM
Sooo...... playbooks are going to remain broken?

Awesome. Glad I paid $60 for a coaster. This is the least played version of NCAA for me since around 2003-2004. GG EA. GFG.

# 30 44drob @ 10/04/11 10:50 AM
sarcasim in this thread is awesome ...

good to see the patch is coming soon

# 31 crques @ 10/04/11 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44drob
sarcasim in this thread is awesome ...
I think most of us have just reached the point of saying "yeah, ok EA Sports.... whatever." Personally, I'm enjoying MLB 11 and occasionally playing a PS2 game of NCAA 04 for my football fix. A few weeks ago I actually began enjoying this game with some slider tweaks, but that didn't last long.

# 32 dtlm6 @ 10/04/11 12:24 PM
There are a lot of things I like about the game, one concern I have is punting, all punts always travel 60+ yards and always go in the end zone, no directional kicking no matter how far I move the directional stick. Field goal kicking is frustrating too as a young kicker blows chip shot field goals. Meanwhile, the CPU team's kicker is nailing 48 yarders with ease.

# 33 jmik58 @ 10/04/11 12:38 PM
Already sold my copy... best decision I made regarding an NCAA title in a long time. I can get a better gameplay experience on the PS2.

This series has a looooong way to go before I ever consider buying again.

# 34 OGKing @ 10/04/11 01:58 PM
Meh, good, but they're far more worse issues than the no huddle glitch, should make a tuner as well.

# 35 Petey B @ 10/04/11 02:36 PM
My comment is an ode to the memory of NCAA. Like many on this site, I've already traded in this year's incarnation. Don't misunderstand me, NCAA, pretty little baby, you still cross my mind quite often, and I miss you. I wake up reaching out for pass interference calls, I cry out for the ability to run the no huddle properly. I get scared of player attributes getting matrixed into different ****, and that weird **** only revealing basically every player runs, throws and tackles like every other player. NCAA, I miss you when you were dope. Maybe next year? Peace, NCAA. Loved you for a minute.

# 36 khaliib @ 10/04/11 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
But if NCAA 13 isn't a drastic improvement then i won't be buying.

No more patches for NCAA 12, just focus on next year now.
Folks said this (the bold) about '09, '10, '11, '12.

We have to be honest with ourselves and acknowlede that drastic will not happen with this developer.

In order for next year's release to improve, there has to be some communication with gamer's "Post-Purchase" to discuss what can/should be done to improve.

That has never happened, thus year-in and year-out the community has been left scratching their heads because issues seem to be becoming worse and more prominant.

# 37 WKUTopper9 @ 10/04/11 03:05 PM
I've moved on to EA's best football game, FIFA 12. I will proudly give my money to the competent folks in that studio vs. the incompetent one's at Tiburon. NCAA was a complete failure this year and it's very disappointing. I played the hell out of NCAA 11 and I haven't even played NCAA 12 a fourth of the time I played 11. 11 had it's major problems but it remained playable. They completely broke 12 and continue to break it, ridiculous. I feel bad for my girlfriend who bought me this terrible game.

# 38 DirtyCap @ 10/04/11 03:08 PM
I still can't believe EA hasn't even mentioned the Option Defense bug. That is a serious issue. I could live with the no-huddle bug, but the Option Defense bug is ridiculous.

# 39 PowerofRed25 @ 10/04/11 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCap
I still can't believe EA hasn't even mentioned the Option Defense bug. That is a serious issue. I could live with the no-huddle bug, but the Option Defense bug is ridiculous.
I didn't think the option D bug was an issue until I transitioned to a I and Wishbone option offense, now it is a huge issue. I don't want to take a dive when I see this, but it also feels dumb running in for a TD a ton of plays because of that. Usually I cut back in to traffic so the rest of the D has a chance to tackle me. I really hope it gets fixed, but I have a feeling this patch and maybe a tuner set will be it.

# 40 krildog @ 10/04/11 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
But if NCAA 13 isn't a drastic improvement then i won't be buying. No more patches for NCAA 12, just focus on next year now.

Are you trolling or just special? Why wouldn't you want them to fix the issues they already have in a game you are going to have to play until next July? And if you are fine with how it is, that's cool. But I believe that the majority of people here feel that the issues are serious enough to warrant fixing now instead of hoping they get fixed for next year while we get a feature we had in the last generation (like medical redshirts), gets reprogrammed and flaunted as a "new feature". Why would you put yourself through that again after the multiple car wreck we've been subjected to this year? Battered wife's syndrome?

I don't know about other people, but if there isn't at least a fourth patch (or some tuner sets that fix the other unfixed issues), then I will not be buying 13. 12 is already on thin ice as it is. If it wasn't for my OD, I would have traded this in weeks ago.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.