Home
Madden 12 News Post

Madden NFL 12 title update #2 is available now for the 360. Please post your impressions here.

If you still haven't seen the Madden NFL 12 title update #2 details, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 MrFatMark @ 10/19/11 12:47 AM
My biggest problem with madden is the game play, more importantly the defense. Here is what they fixed:

Gameplay
  • (Cover 4) - Safeties with Inside Deep ¼ zone drop back instead of read-n-react on Run plays.
  • If the CPU tries to run down the play clock (late in halves) and runs an auto-motion play, they will not start the play early enough or hike the ball before the play clock expires as the player is still in motion.
  • Tuned down the frequency to block field goals by users running off the edge.
  • When a two-point conversion is booth reviewed and ruled no good, the game clock will run while selecting a play on kickoff.
  • Fixed issue when teams ran a QB Sneak the QB would get a speed burst.
  • Fixed issue when a user aims the L-Stick in any direction and pump fakes (using RB/R1 defenders in a QA Spy assignment) that will immediately blitz the QB, leaving defensive assignments.
  • Fixed issue where live balls on muffed punts that are recovered in the end zone were resulting in a touchback rather than a safety.
Now, my impressions on the Patch:
  • ARE YOU KIDDING ME!
  • They did not fix the linebackers and there "Superman" jumping ability
  • On certain plays you lineup on D, it says you are holding RB, play starts you are supposed to be holding TE...AKA TE is wide open!
  • Did not fix that fact if your opponent is running the same play every time, your Defensive players are too freaking stupid to realize what routes the WR's are running. (I can only guard one of them)
  • They "Tuned Downed" the big hits...Now RB's fall forward most of the time, which makes it WAY to easy to run the ball.
  • Linebackers and DL can still catch a WR in full pursuit running down sideline.
  • Playaction is still broken. Playaction pass = sack
  • Defenders still have Eye's in the back of there head. You Throw the ball when there back is to you, and they react on the ball.
Basically this is still an ARCADE game. When you are playing this game, you do not feel like you are playing an interpretation of the NFL. Defenders don't act and react the same as NFL, you have to use different logic than in the NFL on offense. There is still no AI in the game. The players do what they are programmed to do in each specific play, they do not react to what is going on in front of them. It's way to easy to run the ball, there are still WAY TO MANY "MONEY" plays, way to many CB's getting burned by 5 to 10 yards on the same plays every season, and way to many points being scored.

They did make the graphics more "Shiny" though! WOO HOO!!! THAT IS WHAT EVERYONE WANTED, BETTER GRAPHICS! Be for real! No matter how much you shine up a turd, it is still a turd. Madden = Turd!

Untill they stop worrying about the graphics, and fix the gameplay, this game will be collecting dust on my shelf. Another $60 down the drain.

# 42 Tomba @ 10/19/11 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFatMark
My biggest problem with madden is the game play, more importantly the defense. Here is what they fixed:

Gameplay
  • (Cover 4) - Safeties with Inside Deep ¼ zone drop back instead of read-n-react on Run plays.
  • If the CPU tries to run down the play clock (late in halves) and runs an auto-motion play, they will not start the play early enough or hike the ball before the play clock expires as the player is still in motion.
  • Tuned down the frequency to block field goals by users running off the edge.
  • When a two-point conversion is booth reviewed and ruled no good, the game clock will run while selecting a play on kickoff.
  • Fixed issue when teams ran a QB Sneak the QB would get a speed burst.
  • Fixed issue when a user aims the L-Stick in any direction and pump fakes (using RB/R1 defenders in a QA Spy assignment) that will immediately blitz the QB, leaving defensive assignments.
  • Fixed issue where live balls on muffed punts that are recovered in the end zone were resulting in a touchback rather than a safety.
Now, my impressions on the Patch:
  • ARE YOU KIDDING ME!
  • They did not fix the linebackers and there "Superman" jumping ability
  • On certain plays you lineup on D, it says you are holding RB, play starts you are supposed to be holding TE...AKA TE is wide open!
  • Did not fix that fact if your opponent is running the same play every time, your Defensive players are too freaking stupid to realize what routes the WR's are running. (I can only guard one of them)
  • They "Tuned Downed" the big hits...Now RB's fall forward most of the time, which makes it WAY to easy to run the ball.
  • Linebackers and DL can still catch a WR in full pursuit running down sideline.
  • Playaction is still broken. Playaction pass = sack
  • Defenders still have Eye's in the back of there head. You Throw the ball when there back is to you, and they react on the ball.
Basically this is still an ARCADE game. When you are playing this game, you do not feel like you are playing an interpretation of the NFL. Defenders don't act and react the same as NFL, you have to use different logic than in the NFL on offense. There is still no AI in the game. The players do what they are programmed to do in each specific play, they do not react to what is going on in front of them. It's way to easy to run the ball, there are still WAY TO MANY "MONEY" plays, way to many CB's getting burned by 5 to 10 yards on the same plays every season, and way to many points being scored.

They did make the graphics more "Shiny" though! WOO HOO!!! THAT IS WHAT EVERYONE WANTED, BETTER GRAPHICS! Be for real! No matter how much you shine up a turd, it is still a turd. Madden = Turd!

Untill they stop worrying about the graphics, and fix the gameplay, this game will be collecting dust on my shelf. Another $60 down the drain.
maybe check out the tomba patch then

# 43 AnzJag @ 10/19/11 07:45 AM
Weather in Jax offline franchise is still the same. Heavy rain v jets week 2 then rain from wk 4 - 7. wk 8 undercover at Houston! I will say this though only the jet game is heavy rain. The rest are very light, only spittIng really. I still dont see why they can't just let us choose weather like they use to. Hopefully in M13

# 44 bigfnjoe96 @ 10/19/11 08:40 AM
The lag online is still an issue. Arggghhhhh

Sent from my Awesome Phone

# 45 T5063 @ 10/19/11 09:21 AM
I downloaded the patch and continued my Bears franchise. It looks like patch takes affect in franchises already in progress since I noticed one of my players getting a half sack.

# 46 roadman @ 10/19/11 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Madden is far from an arcade game. If this is just about online then never mind because online in any sports game unless you play with house rules is just not sim
Nah, it turned from a patch impression into a game play rant commercial.

Here's my take.

I've never noticed the popping sound and still haven't on the 360. The rain issue seems to have cleared, tackles are toned down, crowd seems louder at appropriate moments, and I haven't heard Gus say #59 on the tackle, yet.

Game play seems crisper, too. I'll need more time with it, though. I will say the AI was very smart at the end of the game. The AI was leading and called 3 straight running plays to force me to call timeouts. So, the AI isn't messed up all the time as some would have you believe.

# 47 skj713 @ 10/19/11 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6IRPFOEM

ok here it is for non live users, or if you guys who dont have it dont wanna wait here ya go
thanks a lot man!!!

# 48 RogueHominid @ 10/19/11 11:48 AM
I don't think this is an arcade game by any stretch, especially not after the patch.

I'm still fiddling with sliders and stuff, but I can tell that the CPU run defense has been improved with the patch. This is especially the case on All Madden--much more so than normal. That's a value neutral thing to me, since sliders can enhance or nullify that issue.

That aside, I think the game plays more or less the same, and I'm good with that.

I really like that I can edit players without losing their roles. It's a small thing, but I like to have control over my players' equipment.

The trick now is to figure out exactly what nuances of the game changed with the patch that affect slider combinations currently in use. Patches always have that cascade effect, so I'll be interested to see how this one pans out in that regard.

# 49 New Jersey Giants @ 10/19/11 12:25 PM
two straight games with rain . It's beyond pathetic they didn't address the NCAA import draft classes issue.

# 50 StewieShotU @ 10/19/11 12:35 PM
Quote:
I dont believe it takes affect in terms of weather and player roles
I can confirm that it "DOES" take affect in current Franchises. I play with the Skins and rain in the first 2 home games was gone. I always save a back up of my Franchise when I first start it, its a habit and there was no more rain.

As for player roles, I have not edited player roles but I will take a look and see what happens.

But so far the game looks amazing, some things such as players still being called by their #s instead of their names are still there and the broken commentary, but the game is still a good game.

Hopefully EA works on fixing the #s instead of names issue and commentary for the next patch. If not oh well.

But I was thinking, a few years ago EA sent out replacement discs to every single person who bought the game, I believe it was Madden 2004 with Vick on the cover.

I know that was because of old gen and no patches were available, but if EA was able to give replacement discs back then I think they should do the same now to fix the Commentary and other issues in the game.

Another thing EA could do is give everyone who bought the game a redemption code through email so that they can take it to any store and get a brand new copy of Madden 2012 after they send out new copies of the games to stores officially license for such replacement of everyone's Madden 12.

If it is a matter of the patch being too big to have Microsoft handle it because of the limits Microsoft sets for patches, this is what EA should do. They did it before and I am sure they can do it again. I think EA owes it to all of us who have been Madden loyals since back in the early 90s. I myself have bought every single Madden game since it game out.

So how about it EA, can someone from EA tell us if something like this can be done? EA was able to send out replacement discs of Madden 04 in no time, I think it took about 2 weeks after everyone reported the issue.

Hopefully someone at EA reads this posts and they can suggest the same thing to fix Madden 12 for all of us because right now the only thing keeping Madden 12 from being called the best Madden game so far is these issues.

Thanks in advance.

# 51 StewieShotU @ 10/19/11 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Giants
two straight games with rain . It's beyond pathetic they didn't address the NCAA import draft classes issue.

Wow New Jersey, I am sorry that you are having this issue. I play with the Skins and in my current Franchise I have no rain for the first time in my 1st home games.

Maybe you should clear your cache and try again.

# 52 StewieShotU @ 10/19/11 12:43 PM
Quote:
Umm if you clear the cache, you also clear the patches in the console which means you cleared the first madden patch that was done a long time ago.

So you might have just downloaded that patch again and not the correct one

Just check and see if the first franchise game using the browns is in the rain. If it is in sunny skies then you have the new patch. If it is raining then it is the old patch
From what I understand, if you clear your cache and you receive all the new patches and system updates, you are receiving the latest updates and patches not old ones. Old patches and system updates are overwritten and no longer needed. That is what I was told from xbox themselves when I called a while back.

They actually recommended that we clear our cache every once in a while if we had problems with our systems.

So if you guys are not getting the results of the patch, clear your cache and try again. Yes you will have to receive the latest system update for the xbox and it will probably take you some time before you are up and running but I think it is worth it.

Remember, all your games will get updated with title updates and patches once you clear your cache. So any games that have had recent title updates or patches will have to be updated as well.

# 53 mm boost @ 10/19/11 01:23 PM
Played bills in my cowboys franchise...i don't see ANY difference in the patch. Gus called marcel dareus Marcus cannon the entire game and half of my team is called by number, not name.

# 54 T5063 @ 10/19/11 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StewieShotU
I can confirm that it "DOES" take affect in current Franchises. I play with the Skins and rain in the first 2 home games was gone. I always save a back up of my Franchise when I first start it, its a habit and there was no more rain.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the confirmation... I'm happy I won't have to restart my franchise.

As for the "commentary and sound improvements", I'm still trying to figure out what they were exactly:

- Lots of players still called by number (ei Tim Tebow in still "Number Fifteen")
- People still experiencing their speakers poping... (luckily I havent had this problem)
- Crowd noise? I've played 1 game post patch and haven't really heard a change in the crowd noice, noting noticable anyways.

# 55 knighthawksfan @ 10/19/11 03:44 PM
The patch seems really good too me I like it

# 56 Playmakers @ 10/19/11 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Played bills in my cowboys franchise...i don't see ANY difference in the patch. Gus called marcel dareus Marcus cannon the entire game and half of my team is called by number, not name.
i'm still not understanding why anyone even bothers to listen to annoucing?

th egame sounds much better simply by turning announcing off and cranking up the stadium sounds only

same thing with NCAA football the best atmosphere is by far with announcing turned off

it's been this way for the past 3-4 years IMO not sure why people waiste time hoping for a miracle by EA...until they reach the level of NBA 2K or MLB The Show i wouldn't even bother having annoucing turned on

# 57 Playmakers @ 10/19/11 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Nah, it turned from a patch impression into a game play rant commercial.

Here's my take.

I've never noticed the popping sound and still haven't on the 360. The rain issue seems to have cleared, tackles are toned down, crowd seems louder at appropriate moments, and I haven't heard Gus say #59 on the tackle, yet.

Game play seems crisper, too. I'll need more time with it, though. I will say the AI was very smart at the end of the game. The AI was leading and called 3 straight running plays to force me to call timeouts. So, the AI isn't messed up all the time as some would have you believe.
well you know by now some guys simply aren't going to ever be happy....

I think MADDEN 12 is a excellent game....even with it's issues i'm still having more fun than any of the recent Madden's over the past 5 years

I don't even know what the popping sound consist us because like you i've never heard it to begin with....

I just recently started back assigning the CPU a gameplan and the results have been outstanding....

Yes EA has a lot of room for improvement but they also made great strides this year comnpaired to Madden 11

# 58 jpdavis82 @ 10/19/11 08:27 PM
Just to clear something up, the patch doesn't affect a previous franchise. I noticed this when playing with the Bucs, Gus still called Mason Foster "Matt Asiata", but as soon as I go to Play Now he calls him Mason Foster. Same thing with Ryan Mathews, he calls him #24 in Franchise, in Play Now it's Mathews. Has anyone else noticed this?

# 59 drae2 @ 10/19/11 08:41 PM
Do you need to be Gold to get this patch?

# 60 Anaxamander @ 10/19/11 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
i'm still not understanding why anyone even bothers to listen to annoucing?

th egame sounds much better simply by turning announcing off and cranking up the stadium sounds only

same thing with NCAA football the best atmosphere is by far with announcing turned off

it's been this way for the past 3-4 years IMO not sure why people waiste time hoping for a miracle by EA...until they reach the level of NBA 2K or MLB The Show i wouldn't even bother having annoucing turned on
Probably because it's very awkward to have a TV-style broadcast with just a stadium announcer. You're watching highlight packages and having "commercial breaks" to nothing but silence.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.