Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

GameSpot has posted some NBA 2K12 DLC Legends Showcase videos on their Youtube channel. What are your first thoughts?

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Thanks Sundown!

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 oldschool127 @ 11/18/11 08:53 AM
If it's true that I can't use the 45 legends outside of Showcase I def won't be purchasing this. I'll just continue to use the workaround to move legends. I'm really disappointed with 2K this year. I know the lockout isn't their fault but this DLC is a joke.

# 22 Strings74 @ 11/18/11 10:03 AM
Jesus, those graphics look horrible. Jordan looks like he's glowing.

What the hell is the point of that?

Awful. Do not want.

# 23 BigBlue @ 11/18/11 10:07 AM
Man, 2k just should've given us what we've been asking for all along; solid, stable and customizable online play with the ability to use the classic teams in unranked games. At least, this was all I was asking for.

After this mess, if patches don't improve this game, i'll be thinking twice before purchasing 2k13.

2k, you tried to do too much while taking away slot of what made 2k11 great.

BigBlue

# 24 jeebs9 @ 11/18/11 10:45 AM
Like someone said I hope this is for offline.

# 25 NealN42 @ 11/18/11 12:35 PM
Yikes...this is embarrassing for 2k. And to charge $10 for it too? No chance I waste a dime on this. What a mess...

# 26 Retropyro @ 11/18/11 12:40 PM
I was disappointed when they first said they would be using cel-shading. After seeing, ugh. It's horrible. I just don't understand why they did it. Oh well $10 saved is $10 earned.

# 27 thefranchise03 @ 11/18/11 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool127
If it's true that I can't use the 45 legends outside of Showcase I def won't be purchasing this. I'll just continue to use the workaround to move legends. I'm really disappointed with 2K this year. I know the lockout isn't their fault but this DLC is a joke.

I think they patched it where we cant do the workaround anymore

# 28 thefranchise03 @ 11/18/11 02:00 PM
I thought they said we an turn off the cel shade graphics

# 29 bo_jax2000 @ 11/18/11 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Ronnie mentioned on twitter yesterday that the option to turn cell shade on/off will be available.

i guess no one in this thread has read this

# 30 bo_jax2000 @ 11/18/11 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokupguy
yes but you have to got the DLC on your xbox or it wont work. Yao art is not in the game disc . And other players have black arms and if you dont have the DLC that wont get corrected plus all the extra unis that will be part of that set.

also seems as tho the guys who use hex editor will be able to hex the dlc legends and extra jerseys into "all game modes" as long as you buy the dlc first.

# 31 fatleg3 @ 11/18/11 11:05 PM
If there truly is an option to turn the cell shading off then I will get this even though it should be in blacktop mode already. But if not I definitely wont be getting this. IMO cell shading in next gen consoles look horrible. I would feel like im playing a ps2 again.

# 32 Chairman7w @ 11/18/11 11:17 PM
GOD I hope that's true that the option to turn off cel-shading is included. Whew...

MIGHT be worth $10 then.

# 33 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 11/19/11 12:00 AM
sorry but I don't really see what's so special about this. I could be wrong but gameplay looks like the regular game modes. The cel-shaded makes the game looks weird imo and this looks like blacktop mode plus horse. five observations.

1.Is that why 2k limited blacktop mode this year, take away something from 2k11 then charge for it?
2. So 2k is not alowing the new legends to be playable in default game.
3. We can't edit legend teams unless we buy this, a feature in 2k11.
4. horse looks ok, but appears annoyingly hard as the dunk conest.
5. so this is why legends can't be used in blacktop a feature in 2k11.

I know the legends cost money but dang 2k, this is wack imo. but again all observations I hope to be proven wrong. Sad thing is I'm 90% sure I'm gonna buy this.

# 34 XenoZograscope @ 11/19/11 12:50 AM
This could have been a nice free DLC gift from 2k to some what makeup for the lack of no rookies not present in the game even though its not 2K fault. I hopefully the future DLC from 2K will be much better.

# 35 ClevelandinDistress @ 11/19/11 03:46 AM
Don't like it?
Don't buy it?

Simple as that. No need for "2k sucks, live is coming back blah blah"

Almost sounds like people are being mad cause it costs 10 dollars. I wonder how many people would be complaining if it was free.

# 36 Tash1388 @ 11/19/11 11:16 AM
No way iam geting this 2k sort it out no one is goin to buy this it will be a waste of £10:00

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.584283,0.213577

# 37 cashless @ 11/19/11 10:41 PM
Did they ever give us a reason for the graphics?

# 38 Sundown @ 11/20/11 12:04 PM
To make it "feel like a new experience" (read: to make it seem like we're not being charged for something taken out from last years game by slapping an ugly filter on it.)

# 39 UnbelievablyRAW @ 11/20/11 08:52 PM
So its blacktop with a cell shading filter with like one new mode? Are they thinking I'm going to buy that BS especially after the terible state 2k12 is in? F*** NO

# 40 SteboSSK @ 11/21/11 07:48 PM
Why do people feel like the consumer doesnt have the right to complain? The dont want dont buy phrase is overused and the situation is not that simple. Over the years 2k has succeeded at delivering a product different from the competition but now is starting to use the tactics that the competition was using that turned consumers off from the beginning...I understand bitching all day is a turn off but learn the difference. 2k did not deliver us anything they did not have in the past for FREE except for Horse.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.