Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted their MLB 12 The Show hands-on preview, along with an interview with Community Manager, Ramone Russell.

Quote:
PlayStation.Blog: What’s your personal favorite addition this year?

Ramone Russell, Community Manager: I think it’s our new ball physics. Our programmer ripped out every line of last year’s code and completely re-invented the way the ball acts. It’s a nerd feature, but it adds so much to the game. The baseball gains and loses energy like a real baseball, and if you go into replay, you can count the rotations – that ball is going to spin the way it’s supposed to. This opens up the game because we have bloopers, ricochets off the bases, balls going into no man’s land….it’s much more dynamic and engaging.

After reading the article, what are you most excited about?

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Doormat @ 12/08/11 08:01 PM
Amazing interview, love the new features Russel talked about including the commentary being focused on a lot.

Will DEFINITELY be getting BOTH the PS3 and Vita versions but.. will Vita have umpires? I haven't played the handheld versions of The Show since MLB 07

# 22 econoodle @ 12/08/11 08:04 PM
the ball physics has me interested, from the sounds of it, no longer will the ball travel like a UFO.

excited.
and this is just the tip of the Show iceberg

# 23 Blzer @ 12/08/11 08:08 PM
Can you say JACKPOT?!

# 24 Bobhead @ 12/08/11 08:16 PM
Regardless of how good the game actually ends up being, how the actual game ends up, there's no way you can have anything but the utmost respect for these devs. I look at wishlist topics throughout the year, and I look at that article, and I get deja vu.

It's amazing just how much attention these guys pay to customer feedback. In a world where Sprint terminates contracts with customers if they call customer service too often, where Disney just gives unhappy customers free stuff to shut them up, it is nothing short of impressive to see a company spend so much time and resources to make sure they and their consumers are on the same page.

# 25 PVarck31 @ 12/08/11 08:29 PM
I'm giddy already. Love the news about the new ball physics.

# 26 tnixen @ 12/08/11 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Regardless of how good the game actually ends up being, how the actual game ends up, there's no way you can have anything but the utmost respect for these devs. I look at wishlist topics throughout the year, and I look at that article, and I get deja vu.

It's amazing just how much attention these guys pay to customer feedback. In a world where Sprint terminates contracts with customers if they call customer service too often, where Disney just gives unhappy customers free stuff to shut them up, it is nothing short of impressive to see a company spend so much time and resources to make sure they and their consumers are on the same page.
So true!

Its wonderful to see how a big company like Sony actually cares and listens to their customers!

I hope MLB The Show keeps getting better and better every year!

The best baseball "simulation" on the market!

God Bless SCE San Diego Studio!

# 27 statum71 @ 12/08/11 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7k58
they need more stat overlays to go along with that new commentary
I'm with you on this. Stat overlays to go with season specific commentary make the game feel SO ALIVE!!!!

The Show is my game, but I must admit MLB 2K did a really good job in that area last year. Felt like watching a live game on ESPN.

# 28 bp4baseball @ 12/08/11 08:44 PM
This is absolutely wonderful.... hats off to you SCEA

The efforts you put in for this community are truly phenomenal and every year the games shows it...Thank you.

And also, great decision on going to simulation route on the vita (it sold me on one)

# 29 Super Glock @ 12/08/11 08:49 PM
Wow impressive article and I am also really looking forward to the Vita version.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

# 30 tnixen @ 12/08/11 08:53 PM
This comment "There’s so much content here that you’ll never want to touch MLB 11 The Show ever again.” said by Russell on the PS Blog made me very happy!

# 31 Geolink @ 12/08/11 09:02 PM
I'm seriously thinking about getting the Vita just for MLB: The Show...and Uncharted.

# 32 Geolink @ 12/08/11 09:20 PM
Loving that they finally made presentation and commentary their No. 1 priority this year.

# 33 DJ @ 12/08/11 09:53 PM
Ramone, you guys have certainly earned my $60 every year. This and NBA 2K are the only sports games I look forward to purchasing.

I like hearing that presentation and commentary were a big focus, and the new ball physics will hopefully improve the hit variety.

Guys, this game is, in some ways, a direct result of what happens when you provide feedback in a constructive manner. We get interaction with the development team, and very rarely do the discussions even tread towards being hostile. Most are a nice give-and-take and if the gamer and developer still disagree, that's OK. I like that we can present ideas to the SCEA team and they will be very honest about the chances of the suggestion making it into the game.

I also appreciate the passion the team has for making this game a beast. You can tell these guys really are passionate about baseball and gaming, and the proof is in what we see on our TVs come the beginning of March.

Keep up the great work, SCEA San Diego. Your game is why I'm still gaming in my 30s.

# 34 ty5oke @ 12/08/11 10:02 PM
Really good to hear this, "“The commentators are going to talk about the MVP race, the Cy Young race, the series that you played in two days before. They’re going to talk about how your pitcher is having an awful year because he’s 5 and 15.”"

# 35 Ghoste @ 12/08/11 10:14 PM
Hoping to see those cool slices down the line. We seen a little slice in '11 but I definitely like to see a bigger curve.

-ghoste

# 36 Drew127 @ 12/08/11 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste
Hoping to see those cool slices down the line. We seen a little slice in '11 but I definitely like to see a bigger curve.

-ghoste
I thought this was captured pretty well as it was, in my opinion obviously. But I trust that they will only make it better and leave me wondering how I didn't notice the room for improvement.

I'm really excited for the game from what I've heard so far.

# 37 HustlinOwl @ 12/08/11 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbergh22
I really hope the commentary is close to being as good as NBA 2K's and when they say "overhaul" I really hope they mean they really did overhaul the commentary and made a whole new thing.
most overrated commentary there is, gets just as redundant as any other sports game out there. Bought 2k11 and was going through Kings franchise and lost count the number of times I had to hear about Carl Landry catching and elbow to his teeth. Like all games commentary and music gets muted in my house

# 38 Galvatron @ 12/08/11 11:45 PM
Good Lord!

Listen up FIFA, NHL, 2K, Madden, NCAA, Fight Night, Tiger Woods.
And listen well!
I'm calling it now!

Best Sports Game Ever Made!

And still more news to come!?

I'm trying to catch up on games I put aside because of MLB 11 and still have yet to pick up Arkham City and Uncharted, and these guys GO AND DO THIS!?!

# 39 CarrotJuice @ 12/09/11 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kursekain
Good Lord!

Listen up FIFA, NHL, 2K, Madden, NCAA, Fight Night, Tiger Woods.
And listen well!
I'm calling it now!

Best Sports Game Ever Made!

And still more news to come!?

I'm trying to catch up on games I put aside because of MLB 11 and still have yet to pick up Arkham City and Uncharted, and these guys GO AND DO THIS!?!
Since Ive purched a ps3 and the Show 11, I have barley touched any other game. When I play anything else, Im just itching to play The Show!

Now they just uped the ante!

# 40 sydrogerdavid @ 12/09/11 12:42 AM
Is 12 going to allow us to offer contracts greater than $250m over 10 years? That is the limit 11 allows and that is not realistic.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.