Gridiron Heroes News Post

Game Info:
  • Platform - Browser
  • Developer - Pixel Rampage
  • Genre - Sports MMO

UPDATE Notices

Gridiron Heroes
Quote:
The rebirth of a cult-classic with an added twist! Gridiron Heroes isn't just fantasy football—it's every sports fan's fantasy!

We developed Gridiron Heroes to address a void in today's social gaming scene. There's been nothing for the American football fan. Gridiron Heroes will change that, utilizing Facebook as the platform for the ultimate head-to-head competition in American Football GM-style Simulation.**

Trailer - http://youtu.be/wVjcupRPzQk
Gameplay - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...D&feature=plcp

Check out our Kickstarter project! - http://kck.st/wQNMgW

All-New Gameplay!
Offense: Shotgun, Singleback, Option, Wildcat, I-Formation & MORE!
Defense: 3-4, 3-3-5, 4-3, 4-6, Dime & MORE!
We're bringing it back!

You manage your franchise and take them head to head-to-head in a coaching simulation. How you setup your strategy affects how the AI will react against another user's team. Want to throw Hail Marys every play? It's on you! Love to blitz? Why not!

I would love your guys feedback!

** - Gridiron Heroes is currently a franchise-manager GM-style simulation. As we grow, this will become a full-blown live p2p multiplayer scenario. Start working on your D-pad thumb now!

Game: Gridiron HeroesHype Score: 9.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PCVotes for game: 3 - View All
Member Comments
# 221 inkcil @ 09/17/12 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davefmurray
Sorry guys but OS doesn't like soundcloud apparently. The widget randomly works and I can't figure out why or how.

You can peep the tracks here: http://soundcloud.com/pixelrampage/sets
Everything looks great man! What is your projected relaease date?

# 222 tsbmolina @ 09/24/12 10:45 AM
Quote:
1) No. The Kickstarter backers polled voted against this.

2) There are coverage attributes for the DBs which can prevent the ball from being caught. Furthermore, the WRs have a catch rating and the QBs have Throw Accuracy and Throw Control.
We did? I was all for defensive deflections being able to be intercepted. I thought it would add an extra layer of unpredictablity. Unpredictability is the foundation of Tecmo Super Bowl. It's what makes the game exciting to still play 20 plus years later!

# 223 davefmurray @ 09/24/12 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
We did? I was all for defensive deflections being able to be intercepted. I thought it would add an extra layer of unpredictablity. Unpredictability is the foundation of Tecmo Super Bowl. It's what makes the game exciting to still play 20 plus years later!
Yep. It was the very first poll sent out to the beta group.

51-4

# 224 tsbmolina @ 09/26/12 12:40 PM
Quote:
Yep. It was the very first poll sent out to the beta group.

51-4
I guess I was one of the four, lol.

# 225 JayBee74 @ 10/13/12 01:13 PM
When might we start playing this game?

# 226 davefmurray @ 10/19/12 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
When might we start playing this game?
Jay! Our 1P webplayer is going to be available very, very soon. Were you a kickstarter backer by chance?

# 227 JayBee74 @ 10/20/12 07:54 AM
Quote:
Jay! Our 1P webplayer is going to be available very, very soon. Were you a kickstarter backer by chance?
Sorry to say I wasn't.

# 228 davefmurray @ 10/20/12 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Sorry to say I wasn't.
Aw man, Bummer.

I sent you a PM.

# 229 davefmurray @ 10/31/12 12:21 PM
10/31 update!

# 230 lionsnob @ 10/31/12 03:21 PM
Dave -

Can you customize the leagues/teams however you want? Can you have a full ~125 team college league?

# 231 davefmurray @ 10/31/12 03:29 PM
No. Users are grouped into 12-14 team leagues for season play. The end of the year tournament will be compromised of up 400 teams though. We want to make every team play each other in a battle royale so we'll see.

# 232 davefmurray @ 11/07/12 04:38 PM
Working on the intro screens!!!!! (So close we can taste it!)

# 233 davefmurray @ 11/15/12 09:40 PM
Sprites! Looking dopes sons!!!!

# 234 davefmurray @ 12/06/12 01:46 PM

Graphical update from 12/04/12

# 235 Valdarez @ 01/13/13 09:43 AM
Looking good guys. Don't play FB games, but may have to break the rule for this one.

# 236 JayBee74 @ 02/14/13 11:42 AM
Where are we at with GH?

# 237 mmorg @ 03/17/13 06:10 PM
This game looks dead as a door nail. The facebook page doesn't even exist anymore.

# 238 davefmurray @ 03/17/13 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
This game looks dead as a door nail. The facebook page doesn't even exist anymore.
What? We just put out a huge update via our Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/GridironHero...27639090715610

# 239 tsbmolina @ 03/19/13 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
People wouldn't think this if you kept us informed and updated more consistently and kept your promises with video updates. This game was suppose to be out a year ago and while I understand it takes time to make a quality game we all want in respect to TSB, all we'er asking for is to update when you say your going to update.

# 240 davefmurray @ 03/19/13 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
People wouldn't think this if you kept us informed and updated more consistently and kept your promises with video updates. This game was suppose to be out a year ago and while I understand it takes time to make a quality game we all want in respect to TSB, all we'er asking for is to update when you say your going to update.
Florencio,

I'll repost here and paraphrase what was communicated on Facebook about this same issue.

Quote:
We had a backer wide vote regarding {this}. If you remember, the original GH project was COM vs COM only. The vote that was sent out was in regards to what the backers asked for, 1P & PVP options. It was an 89-1 vote in favor with porting the game to Unity to allow 1P & PVP options with 7 votes not submitted.

We could have released a COM v COM only game in April, but chose not to because that is not what you, as a whole, wanted.
As for the gap in the last update (roughly 26 days) - we had a shift in the team and there is a bit of nonsense that we can't, and won't, talk about that went on. All is well and we are on track to post the next update at week's end, as promised.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.