Gridiron Heroes News Post

Game Info:
  • Platform - Browser
  • Developer - Pixel Rampage
  • Genre - Sports MMO

UPDATE Notices

Gridiron Heroes
Quote:
The rebirth of a cult-classic with an added twist! Gridiron Heroes isn't just fantasy football—it's every sports fan's fantasy!

We developed Gridiron Heroes to address a void in today's social gaming scene. There's been nothing for the American football fan. Gridiron Heroes will change that, utilizing Facebook as the platform for the ultimate head-to-head competition in American Football GM-style Simulation.**

Trailer - http://youtu.be/wVjcupRPzQk
Gameplay - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...D&feature=plcp

Check out our Kickstarter project! - http://kck.st/wQNMgW

All-New Gameplay!
Offense: Shotgun, Singleback, Option, Wildcat, I-Formation & MORE!
Defense: 3-4, 3-3-5, 4-3, 4-6, Dime & MORE!
We're bringing it back!

You manage your franchise and take them head to head-to-head in a coaching simulation. How you setup your strategy affects how the AI will react against another user's team. Want to throw Hail Marys every play? It's on you! Love to blitz? Why not!

I would love your guys feedback!

** - Gridiron Heroes is currently a franchise-manager GM-style simulation. As we grow, this will become a full-blown live p2p multiplayer scenario. Start working on your D-pad thumb now!

Game: Gridiron HeroesHype Score: 9.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PCVotes for game: 3 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 davefmurray @ 02/09/12 07:13 AM
[quote=tsbmolina;2043347351]
Quote:
Originally Posted by davefmurray
New FG Miss cut-scene

I like this cinema much better then the original one you had in the game. Can we expect more cleaner looking cinema screens like this throughout the game?
We have a total of 70 new cut-scene combinations. There is a good mixture of higher res and pixelated imagery used in all of them.

# 22 tsbmolina @ 02/09/12 09:58 AM
[quote=davefmurray;2043347478]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina

We have a total of 70 new cut-scene combinations. There is a good mixture of higher res and pixelated imagery used in all of them.
Curious as to why you chose to have pixelated imagery and not just go with all higher res cut scenes?

# 23 davefmurray @ 02/09/12 10:03 AM
not sure if srs

# 24 tsbmolina @ 02/09/12 01:46 PM
Quote:
not sure if srs
what do you mean by srs?

# 25 davefmurray @ 02/09/12 03:11 PM
Had to add a few FAQ due to the volume of questions:

***FAQ***

Q: What happens if you go over the goal?

A: The extra money will be put back into the game and it's expansion. Goal Numero Uno is to progress immediately into live p2p play.

Q: When can we expect the release?

A: We’re aiming to start beta-testing with our Kickstarter backers in April of 2012. We’ll give the project as much time as needed to ensure the it meets our standards and hope for an expedited release!

Q: How do I get access to the beta?

A: You will be invited through the email address you provide and given access in Facebook to 1) the game itself and 2) our hidden community where we all discuss strategy, balancing, and all the fun stuff!

Q: Where do I join the discussion & community?

A: Two places. 1) our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/GridironHeroes 2) our Forum: http://forum.pixelrampage.com

Q: Will there be a console version?

A: We are currently researching XNA / XBLIG for our p2p multiplayer version. We'll keep everyone posted.

# 26 davefmurray @ 02/09/12 03:16 PM
Playbooks are another awesome thing. We will have an initial set of 30 plays to choose from and can incrementally increase to infinity if we so choose.
Defenses will be in formations but when the offensive play-call matches the defensive formation call, the all-out blitz occurs. Example: both call Up + C.

Play example:

# 27 davefmurray @ 02/10/12 07:32 AM
Sexay!

# 28 jyoung @ 02/10/12 09:29 AM
Nice, I like bringing back the "1" and "2" icons instead of the "star" icon you were using.

# 29 davefmurray @ 02/10/12 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Nice, I like bringing back the "1" and "2" icons instead of the "star" icon you were using.
The 1 & 2 are for p2p play. The star/other new icons will be used in the com-style simulations.

# 30 JayBee74 @ 02/10/12 04:12 PM
So is it an all general manager/coach/strategy game or will there be finger skills involved on the keyboard?

# 31 davefmurray @ 02/10/12 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
So is it an all general manager/coach/strategy game or will there be finger skills involved on the keyboard?

** - Gridiron Heroes is currently a franchise-manager GM-style simulation. As we grow, this will become a full-blown live p2p multiplayer scenario. Start working on your D-pad thumb now!

Yes, it is a GM-style simulation for now. The first extension will be for live p2p multiplayer play.

# 32 JayBee74 @ 02/10/12 04:52 PM
Quote:

Yes, it is a GM-style simulation for now. The first extension will be for live p2p multiplayer play.
Forgive my ignorance, but are there D-Pads for the CPU?

# 33 KBLover @ 02/10/12 06:04 PM
Quote:

Which? (this is a no brainer, right? HA!)
Sheez, who says 8-bit graphics can't look good...

# 34 davefmurray @ 02/10/12 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Sheez, who says 8-bit graphics can't look good...
You know it!

# 35 jyoung @ 02/10/12 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Forgive my ignorance, but are there D-Pads for the CPU?
You can use any wired 360 controller if you have one.

# 36 davefmurray @ 02/10/12 09:26 PM
Got my developer access. OH SNAP!

# 37 davefmurray @ 02/10/12 09:41 PM
UI Update!

***NFL Logos are placeholders and will NOT exist in our game.

# 38 Bellsprout @ 02/10/12 09:56 PM
Will logos be customizable?

I realize why you can't put them in, but will we be able to put the NFL logos in on our own?

# 39 davefmurray @ 02/10/12 10:00 PM
That is yet to be determined. If not, there will be PLENTY of options to choose from.

# 40 The GIGGAS @ 02/10/12 10:09 PM
Quote:
That is yet to be determined. If not, there will be PLENTY of options to choose from.
Let's say you go with the options. Can we choose primary/secondary colors and have them reflected in the logos?

Also, if you go that route, make sure you have a crap ton of logos. Just look at why Madden's CAT on next gen sucks (they have what, 2 logos?).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.