Home
MLB 2K12 News Post

IGN has posted some new MLB 2K12 screenshots.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K12 Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/11/12 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bimmer
I understand Bulls. It is clear that 2k needs a good graphics designer. I played this game for the first time last year and it was fun. I guess there are 2 ways to look at this game, A. What are they doing right? B. What did they fail to do.

I seen an improvement in graphics in those screenshots.
Bimmer there's no glass 1/2 full/empty with this series. It's all or nothing. A lot of it well deserved, but to not also acknowledge the work that VC has done to try & right the ship IMO isn't fair either

# 22 Geolink @ 02/11/12 12:47 PM
Why does the graphics look like they haven't changed the engine since 2K5?

# 23 jeffy777 @ 02/11/12 02:32 PM
Gameplay > Graphics.....every day of the week.....

Like I said in the other thread, I'd prefer that they focus entirely on the gameplay, which is hopefully what they did, although the graphics do look a bit better (those who actually played 2K11 can see that).

Bring on the gameplay videos.

# 24 smiley3 @ 02/11/12 02:50 PM
They nailed it with the titanium necklaces

# 25 kashmir28 @ 02/11/12 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Gameplay > Graphics.....every day of the week.....

Like I said in the other thread, I'd prefer that they focus entirely on the gameplay, which is hopefully what they did, although the graphics do look a bit better (those who actually played 2K11 can see that).

Bring on the gameplay videos.
Why can't it be Gameplay = Graphics? With how much we put into consoles and displays, I expect both from a game at this point. While bad gameplay isn't acceptable, it is at least excusable depending on why (bad coding, rushed product that needs a patch, etc.). Lackluster graphics should neither be acceptable or excusable at this point in the generation console cycle. 2K still looks just removed from last generation, and to some the graphics have actually taken a step back since being introduced to this generation's consoles. I'm sorry, but both should be achievable by 2K at this point.

# 26 Bulls321974 @ 02/11/12 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmir28
Why can't it be Gameplay = Graphics? With how much we put into consoles and displays, I expect both from a game at this point. While bad gameplay isn't acceptable, it is at least excusable depending on why (bad coding, rushed product that needs a patch, etc.). Lackluster graphics should neither be acceptable or excusable at this point in the generation console cycle. 2K still looks just removed from last generation, and to some the graphics have actually taken a step back since being introduced to this generation's consoles. I'm sorry, but both should be achievable by 2K at this point.
I couldn't agree more!

# 27 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/11/12 05:28 PM

Like I've already said before, since VC has taken over the graphics have gotten better every year.

I expect the same for 2K12

But yeah I know we don't want play the game in replay mode...

Sent from Awesome Phone

# 28 jeffy777 @ 02/11/12 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmir28
I agree that's how it should be in a perfect scenario.....but obviously that isn't happening here, so I'd rather they just focus on the gameplay.

# 29 SkillzKillz719 @ 02/11/12 07:01 PM
Looks great!
Not a day 1 buy, but probably when the season starts i'll pick it up

# 30 smiley3 @ 02/12/12 02:22 AM
Hopefully gameplay videos come out soon !!

# 31 truintellectplaya @ 02/12/12 02:47 AM
Game does not look bad at all to me. If it plays well I will pick it up.

# 32 truintellectplaya @ 02/12/12 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls321974
Has nothing to do with nitpicking at all. We're talking facts here. I'm an advertising graphic designer, so I have to tell red from magenta and all the other hues in between there. If I wasn't able to do that, I wouldn't have had that job for that long...
Yes, we all believe that you are a graphic designer rather than just someone trying to gain credibility on the internet while hating and overstating things that others don't care to read or hear about.

# 33 Bulls321974 @ 02/12/12 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by truintellectplaya
Yes, we all believe that you are a graphic designer rather than just someone trying to gain credibility on the internet while hating and overstating things that others don't care to read or hear about.
That was truly a senseless comment of yours. Try stick to the point next time or continue to lose credibility...

# 34 Paulinho @ 02/12/12 09:02 AM
Graphics are the least of my concerns.

# 35 thegodpapi34 @ 02/12/12 05:44 PM
what's the deal with the generic cleats, batting gloves etc that are still a part of this franchise? although it seems like a minor visual aspect of the game, i think that it goes a long way in adding an "authentic feel" to the game.

if madden, nba 2k12, and countless other sports games can figure out a way to establish a partnership with equipment sponsors, why cant this VC team do the same? I'm guessing that it's just a lack of resources ($$$) on 2k's side that's holding this back.

It's a win win for both sides, as gamers want to see actual brands in the game and companies benefit from an expansion in their marketing footprint amongst a young consumer base.

From a business standpoint, it makes no sense from both perspectives.

# 36 edwing @ 02/13/12 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodpapi34
what's the deal with the generic cleats, batting gloves etc that are still a part of this franchise? although it seems like a minor visual aspect of the game, i think that it goes a long way in adding an "authentic feel" to the game.

if madden, nba 2k12, and countless other sports games can figure out a way to establish a partnership with equipment sponsors, why cant this VC team do the same? I'm guessing that it's just a lack of resources ($$$) on 2k's side that's holding this back.
Not sure if the situation is the same for 2k, but in the Show forum, the reason they gave for this was that if a deal was signed, the players association would want a cut of the profits as well. Because of that, it is pretty unfeasible to be able to include sponsors while also being financially responsible.

# 37 GOBLUE_08 @ 02/14/12 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamaballa
Not sure if the situation is the same for 2k, but in the Show forum, the reason they gave for this was that if a deal was signed, the players association would want a cut of the profits as well. Because of that, it is pretty unfeasible to be able to include sponsors while also being financially responsible.
The modders will patch in actual cleats, batting gloves...etc. On pc anyway, if its anything like nba 2k12 a lot of the mods from 2k11 will still be usable in 2k12. And im pretty sure the show has all generic equipment too right?

# 38 thegodpapi34 @ 02/14/12 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamaballa
What business does the players association have in stepping in on an agreement between 2 independent parties? Sweet free market system we got going on there.

Couldn't they sidestep the dilemma by assigning all generic equipment to all players in the final retail build, but having the sponsored equipment as either an unlockable or editable feature?

# 39 Hajmyis @ 02/14/12 09:59 PM
I am getting tried of hearing poeple complain about how this player should have these shoes or that neckless, and the shade of blue is off. Big deal, all that matters is how the gameplays. Why sit there and play a game to say "wow those shoes look pretty.". Does that really mean much. Look if the game play was 100% perfect, then yeah focus on eye candy. But in till then let the delvopers work on game play.

P.s. when they read these forums they must laugh at those comments.

# 40 edwing @ 02/14/12 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodpapi34
What business does the players association have in stepping in on an agreement between 2 independent parties? Sweet free market system we got going on there.

Couldn't they sidestep the dilemma by assigning all generic equipment to all players in the final retail build, but having the sponsored equipment as either an unlockable or editable feature?
That would still require a license, which would make it a no go. And the MLBPA probably has a clause in the CBA that allows them to do this. Unfortunately it is what it is and I don't think it's going to change any time soon.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.