Home
News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Please give thanks to PhilliesFan13!

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 MetsFan16 @ 02/26/12 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyused
I totally understand that but if you're going that route, Victorino would be a top 5 player. He has every possible defensive tool, he has a cannon, huge range, speed, great glove, plus good at hitting. While someone like a Prince Fielder who is a pretty good defensive player, but huge hitter would even out to be the same? This is one reason I never like the BARS, usually player 3-6 are less then a mm apart on the bar on good teams. If they would put a # behind that bar, it would work better for ME
I'd prefer the numbers as well. It's too difficult to tell who has a better contact rating when trying to pinch hit.

# 22 metsfan4life1 @ 02/26/12 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
I'd prefer the numbers as well. It's too difficult to tell who has a better contact rating when trying to pinch hit.
Yeah. So how do you feel about D-Wrights stance in the game?

# 23 Doormat @ 02/26/12 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
In my opinon, the game definitely has a different pace to it. Doesn't feel rushed. The in between cutscenes of the batter and pitcher are a good way to gather your thoughts if you're having a bad at-bat.
Well said, I totally noticed that too!

# 24 econoodle @ 02/26/12 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftheavy
Me too! Hopefully, it updates throughout the season as well...

yep, hopefully 'Lifetime vs'' appears in franchise and is dynamic as well.

# 25 jeffy777 @ 02/26/12 09:05 PM
Thanks for the video, man. I love the camera angles between pitches.....it really feels like a live broadcast.

# 26 econoodle @ 02/26/12 09:16 PM
Quote:
In my opinon, the game definitely has a different pace to it. Doesn't feel rushed. The in between cutscenes of the batter and pitcher are a good way to gather your thoughts if you're having a bad at-bat.
good call. great pacing in 12.
u can also use SLOW for the cpu pitcher setting, to have him take longer between pitches, which i do.

# 27 thaSLAB @ 02/26/12 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Player vs player stats would be a fantastic addition of course, but it's kinda hard to believe such a major addition would go unmentioned as some sort of new feature.

Does this year's game actually keep such stats and if so can we view them somewhere within the game?
Player vs. Player, Player vs. Team (RTTS), avg. w/ RISP stats were already in the game... they just weren't displayed, or displayed often enough.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 28 nomo17k @ 02/26/12 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Player vs. Player, Player vs. Team (RTTS), avg. w/ RISP stats were already in the game... they just weren't displayed, or displayed often enough.

I know all three sets you mentioned were in the game within RTTS and can all be viewed, but I didn't know all these were kept for *every single player in the roster*. Have they been kept within the game all these years??

I somehow thought the game wasn't doing this, because no matter how many years you play the game, the save file size doesn't change...

If so, not being able to see them were such a shame!!! Those were fun to look at.

# 29 Shaffer26 @ 02/26/12 09:28 PM
Wow, that chopper to Utley was beautiful!

# 30 thaSLAB @ 02/26/12 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I know all three sets you mentioned were in the game within RTTS and can all be viewed, but I didn't know all these were kept for *every single player in the roster*. Have they been kept within the game all these years??

I somehow thought the game wasn't doing this, because no matter how many years you play the game, the save file size doesn't change...

If so, not being able to see them were such a shame!!! Those were fun to look at.
Yeah, I'm not certain if it was tracked for every player in '11 either. I was more or less saying even in RTTS, where we know it was tracked, it still wasn't displayed. You basically had to go to the performance menu to view them. So if it was/is tracked, we would never know, unless they displayed it like it is here.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 31 Shaffer26 @ 02/26/12 10:49 PM
Quote:
Exactly what I said. One of the better ball animations I saw today. Amazing how awesome an out can look. lol.
Yes, sir. It's nice to see it play out so smoothly!

# 32 UMhester04 @ 02/26/12 11:05 PM
Can anyone tell me that if you play with True Analog or Pure Analog whatever it is (the one without the PCI, it debued last year) if you have a right handed batter and a ball is thrown inside, if you push the analog stick up and to the left (to simulate pulling the ball) do you get any kind of bonus for this if everything is timed correctly?

# 33 nomo17k @ 02/26/12 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Can anyone tell me that if you play with True Analog or Pure Analog whatever it is (the one without the PCI, it debued last year) if you have a right handed batter and a ball is thrown inside, if you push the analog stick up and to the left (to simulate pulling the ball) do you get any kind of bonus for this if everything is timed correctly?
Yes it does. It basically moves PCI laterally on your input (vertically, it's determined by player attributes).

# 34 ptw22 @ 02/27/12 07:53 AM
Could you film a Braves and Marlins game?

# 35 PsychoBulk @ 02/27/12 09:01 AM
PhilliesFan13, thankyou very much for your efforts here and soon to come efforts when you return to the store.

I have only one request...that if you could (this may be your preference anyway?) that when you pitch, could you do so from either the Outfield cam or the default Phillies cam, i really cant get used to watching people pitch from the batters view lol, just a personal thing.

Again, thanks for your efforts, its safe to say the community really appreciates it

# 36 idesign2 @ 02/27/12 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Thumbs up for the new presentation during that home run. Loved the cuts to the opposing team's manager hanging his head and other new stuff as the guy rounds the bases. Very well done.

Also, the cam for the replay of the home run was good, following the ball and panning out just at the right time to watch where it lands in the stands.
I agree, especially the home run replay camera angle. Always hated how the camera zoomed in too much at the end. Looks like they finally got it right.

# 37 PsychoBulk @ 02/27/12 01:25 PM
Quote:
I actually just got back from Best Buy a few minutes ago. Unfortunately the videos I filmed were all from the catchers view. I may go back tonight and take some more. My phone died after the third video I took. If I don't go back tonight, I'll probably be back in there tomorrow or Wednesday.
Thats fine, anything you can grab is great, you are doing us all a favour.

# 38 Heroesandvillains @ 02/27/12 01:31 PM
Quote:
I actually just got back from Best Buy a few minutes ago. Unfortunately the videos I filmed were all from the catchers view. I may go back tonight and take some more. My phone died after the third video I took. If I don't go back tonight, I'll probably be back in there tomorrow or Wednesday.
I noticed that the hitting difficulty for this video was on All-Star. Did you happen to catch what difficulty the Meter pitching was?

If pitching was also on AS, I'm going to say that the meter looks much more wild this year. Would you agree?

# 39 kt-od @ 02/27/12 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSacamano
One of the YouTube commentors noticed what looks like a minor error: at 3:28 the first base ump starts clapping after calling a strike on the appeal.

Looks to me like the clapping animation belongs to someone else, like a base coach or something.
I noticed this as well. I was just about to comment on it. Looks very weird and out of place.

# 40 Baseballking888 @ 02/27/12 03:13 PM
Am I the only one who noticed a little overlay which showed Victorino's lifetime stats against Santana? That's a pretty cool addition there!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.