Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Jakeness23 @ 03/02/12 04:45 PM
I guess they aren't going to do ANY of the artistic updates like they said they would? Good thing I downloaded hex edited rosters where guys have gone in and at least changed the Team 1 and Team 2 colors to what they are in reality. Now 2K needs to come in and fix the models...

# 42 MikeIke @ 03/02/12 05:05 PM
Even though this isn't the best update (by what I saw in the video), does anyone have a link for X360 Non-live users?

# 43 spankdatazz22 @ 03/02/12 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Just from a personal experience: Hairstyle IS kind of a big issue when you're using the TWolves in association and hafta look at Michael Beasley every game. I can handle my own ratings, roster moves, and shoes, but not player art modifications. That's 2K's responsibility that THEY THEMSELVES accepted when they advertised it as part of their marketing campaign.
I understand the disappointment, but player art modifications in-season haven't been done in another game to my knowledge. But because 2K said they could do it people are allowing themselves to get really mad about it. 2K should be held accountable for saying they could deliver it as a feature, but people acting as if they can't play the game w/o seeing the player art updates is too extreme imo. It's not like in-game saves which are a common feature across most sports games and is somewhat expected. If it hadn't been announced as a feature, I'd guess you'd have accepted having to look at Michael Beasley's hairstyle as an irritation.

Again, I'm not saying they shouldn't be held accountable because they should, if they end up not delivering. And it's not like no art updates have occurred, as we've gotten various court art updated. Given how some have reacted here I get the feeling if they do deliver on the player art at some point down the line, it'll either be seen as (a) too late, or (b) not extensive enough.

# 44 NINJAK2 @ 03/02/12 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I understand the disappointment, but player art modifications in-season haven't been done in another game to my knowledge. But because 2K said they could do it people are allowing themselves to get really mad about it. 2K should be held accountable for saying they could deliver it as a feature, but people acting as if they can't play the game w/o seeing the player art updates is too extreme imo. It's not like in-game saves which are a common feature across most sports games and is somewhat expected. If it hadn't been announced as a feature, I'd guess you'd have accepted having to look at Michael Beasley's hairstyle as an irritation.

Again, I'm not saying they shouldn't be held accountable because they should, if they end up not delivering. And it's not like no art updates have occurred, as we've gotten various court art updated. Given how some have reacted here I get the feeling if they do deliver on the player art at some point down the line, it'll either be seen as (a) too late, or (b) not extensive enough.
No spank. It would be (c)welcomed- atleast by me. You are right that player updates have not been done before but that does not excuse the fact that they put it on the back of the box as a feature(go look). Yes they have done art updates on courts, etc. There are 450 players in the NBA though and they have not updated one player model since December- Not ONE(I say December because that's the month the lockout ended otherwise I would go back to October). Hell just do Beaseley's(sp) hair so I know that they can atleast do it or just flat out say they can't this year. If they did the latter I would be upset but atleast my expectations would be in check from that point on. Still like 2k12 but they better be on point for 2k13.....

# 45 GSWarriors9 @ 03/02/12 07:15 PM
It seems like every team has been touched except my Warriors smh. Only thing they did was lower Dorell Wright but nothing else has been done since the lockout ended. I've even sent him some requests. Guess I'll wait another week

# 46 bigball12 @ 03/02/12 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmeloAnthony7
Yea there are some simple modifications/art they could do.

* Tyson Chandler (Really short hair, almost bald, Thick Beard)
* Amar'e Stoudemire (Grown out hair, beard)
* Nick Novak (less buff, skinnier, hair is black or dark brown, needs higher OVR.)
* Baron Davis (needs shorter hair)
* Jeremy Lin (less puffy cheeks)
* Bill Walker (little dreads)
* ADD Jerome Jordan
You mean Steve.

# 47 boodahisthe1 @ 03/02/12 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
i think the people who complain about ratings like to play ONLINE... so we can't just edit people's ratings to our liking and take them online...

i have no desire to play the CPU in this game... it's completely unrealistic... the A.I. is robotic. I like to play humans who make human errors and have human decision making. Need better roster updates.
if you have the right game-sliders, the computer plays sim ball..my association games are alot better than online games..the computer doesnt try to force its way to the whole every play..they actually play real ball..if you ever have time you should go into the forums and download someone's game sliders..its worth it..

# 48 hoop xyience @ 03/02/12 07:57 PM
Quote:

* Nick Novak (less buff, skinnier, hair is black or dark brown, needs higher OVR.)
* ADD Jerome Jordan
LOL what will I read next, I mean really though

*When some players run there butt cheeks move
*Tyronne Lue have a birth mark on his calf
*Scola hair dont move when he run
*Gasol hair is always dry

I mean come on...JUST WATCH REAL BASKETBALL IF YOUR REALLY LOOKING FOR THIS STUFF

They do need to take that dirty mop off Beasley head though LOL

# 49 spankdatazz22 @ 03/02/12 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
No spank. It would be (c)welcomed- atleast by me. You are right that player updates have not been done before but that does not excuse the fact that they put it on the back of the box as a feature(go look). Yes they have done art updates on courts, etc. There are 450 players in the NBA though and they have not updated one player model since December- Not ONE(I say December because that's the month the lockout ended otherwise I would go back to October). Hell just do Beaseley's(sp) hair so I know that they can atleast do it or just flat out say they can't this year. If they did the latter I would be upset but atleast my expectations would be in check from that point on. Still like 2k12 but they better be on point for 2k13.....
As I said, they should be accountable if they don't deliver on player art updates in some form. And I don't think they can wait until the playoffs to speak on the issue (it they don't come). I was just saying the issue itself doesn't need to be blown out of proportion. I'm waiting on the player art updates myself. It's the first thing I check when there's a new roster update. It's one of the reasons I haven't started an Association yet, because I didn't want to start and they deliver art updates after I'm well into it. Obviously for many that's not much of an issue. I was big on them getting the correct sock/shoe colors in and was very pleased they did, but find myself holding out for the player art updates. I'm disappointed myself. But I don't think that warrants the issue being blown out of proportion. I know it's a back of the box feature and when it was announced I was excited to see it in action. But I also understand it's been an unusual year with the lockout.

I'm still hopeful they'll deliver. But just as the art updates that have been done to date don't amount to much for the more vocal people, I was saying if/when the art updates come I doubt those people will be satisfied.

# 50 bigdfan76 @ 03/02/12 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggins
I haven't looked at this yet, but what frustrates me is I think the Spurs have been updated TWICE this year. The rookie update was the first, we got Kawhi and Joseph, they got rid of Dice and Novak. And then they added Ike Diogu (who's still on there even though he hasn't played for us in a month.) Tiago Splitter should be at least around the 70 range. He's got a solid post game and is developing a midrange jumper. It's not there yet, but it's there more than 2K gives him credit for.
Danny Green? Splitter? Hello? Lol ya I am a homer. I didn't notice any difference in this update compared to the last one. I like the current roster don't get me wrong but I like seeing 2ks opinion on some players and teams especially the Spurs. But it would seem several players are due for an update.

# 51 Jlin7 @ 03/02/12 09:42 PM
Novak deserves a 90 from 3pt shot, the guy hits almost as many 3 as ryan anderson with a higher %

# 52 Jlin7 @ 03/02/12 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzy678
why the hell is novak still a 43?
u right 90 like ryan anderson would be only right......

# 53 jaikey12 @ 03/02/12 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
Why is Gilbert Arenas still a 77?
Where Is gerald green who plays for the nets ?

# 54 PPerfect_CJ @ 03/02/12 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
As I said, they should be accountable if they don't deliver on player art updates in some form. And I don't think they can wait until the playoffs to speak on the issue (it they don't come). I was just saying the issue itself doesn't need to be blown out of proportion. I'm waiting on the player art updates myself. It's the first thing I check when there's a new roster update. It's one of the reasons I haven't started an Association yet, because I didn't want to start and they deliver art updates after I'm well into it. Obviously for many that's not much of an issue. I was big on them getting the correct sock/shoe colors in and was very pleased they did, but find myself holding out for the player art updates. I'm disappointed myself. But I don't think that warrants the issue being blown out of proportion. I know it's a back of the box feature and when it was announced I was excited to see it in action. But I also understand it's been an unusual year with the lockout.

I'm still hopeful they'll deliver. But just as the art updates that have been done to date don't amount to much for the more vocal people, I was saying if/when the art updates come I doubt those people will be satisfied.
You say we're blowing it out of proportion...but you haven't even started an association because of it? Lol!

# 55 Yungturbo @ 03/02/12 11:03 PM
I Kevin durant 3pt still low? 79 was a joke. He takes more 3s than harden and made more at 38%.

# 56 Yungturbo @ 03/03/12 01:24 AM
So 2k made lebron James 3pt rating higher than durants? Do people at 2k look at the numbers?? Lebron only takes 1.9 3pt shots a game and makes .8 43% the man does Not take many 3s. Kevin durant is OKC best 3pt shooter takes 4.8 and made 1.8 at 38% that's a 3pt shooter! 2k is a damn joke he shoots more and makes more than Kevin love at a 85 rating shoots more and makes more than James harden who is at a 83 rating and KD shoots a better % than KLove and Harden!

# 57 spankdatazz22 @ 03/03/12 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
You say we're blowing it out of proportion...but you haven't even started an association because of it? Lol!
I also readily admit it's a matter of preference; I play the game a ton (one-off games via NBA Today or online). I'm not going to fall out in the middle of the supermarket aisle because I don't get to see a player updated with a fro-hawk

# 58 ojandpizza @ 03/03/12 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
nba live 13 cant come fast enough! these failed roster updates have turned me away along with other things!
NBA live? Really hahahahaha

# 59 ojandpizza @ 03/03/12 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzy678
why the hell is novak still a 43?
Because he sucks at everything other than shooting, and since he isn't a SG higher shooting ratings aren't enough to boost his overall higher than a 43

# 60 ojandpizza @ 03/03/12 02:54 AM
Quote:

* ADD Jerome Jordan
Don't be a baby, c'mon.. This is probably the best basketball game made to date and you're gonna whine over "puffy cheeks" good lord people lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.