Home
Tiger 13 News Post

The Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 demo is available now for 360, later today on PS3. Play a few holes and let us know what you think.

Full press release below.

TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 13 DEMO NOW AVAILABLE –
CREATE YOUR SHOT AT AUGUSTA NATIONAL GOLF CLUB!

Demo the All-New Swing Mechanic and Kinect for Xbox 360 Integration at Augusta National Golf Club and The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Resort

March 6, 2012 – Kick off your golf season today by experiencing the all-new swing mechanic in the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 demo, now available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3! Once again gamers have the opportunity to walk the hallowed grounds of Augusta National Golf Club and get a sneak peak at The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Resort, host of the 2012 PGA Championship. Gamers get the opportunity to play holes 14, 15 and 16 at Augusta National Golf Club and the opening three holes from The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Resort. As gamers take on these championship courses, they also can experience the most comprehensive swing mechanic revamp in franchise history, giving fans unprecedented swing control with Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 and allowing for more than 62 million shot combinations

The Xbox 360 version of the demo supports Kinect for Xbox 360 integration and is the first-ever voice-enabled and controller-free sports simulation game. Kinect tracks full body movements to create the most advanced virtual golf swing to date. Improved gameplay support for the PlayStation Move controller has also been added for the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 demo.

Get a head start on creating your own Online Country Club. Starting today, gamers can go to http://www.easports.com/countryclubs and create their own Country Club, customize the club logo and invite friends – all in preparation to gain quicker access to exclusive golf courses or compete against other club members for the coveted Club Championship once Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 ships!

Get a leg up on your competition. Everyone who downloads the demo receives a special Pin Pack that can be used to receive different types of boosts and gameplay enhancements in the full version* of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13: The Masters Collector’s Edition goes on sale in North America on March 27 and worldwide on March 30, and is available on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles. The Collector’s Edition provides fans with the ultimate Masters experience including exclusive access to Augusta National Golf Club’s Tournament practice facility, Augusta National’s famous Par 3 course, an authentic Green Jacket Presentation and it comes packed with five additional courses in addition to the courses that appear in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 will be participating in the EA SPORTS Season Ticket** program that provides four premium benefits for an annual fee of $24.99 or 2000 Microsoft Points. EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers will be provided full-game digital download of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 three days before retail launch, a 20-percent discount on downloadable game content; free premium web content and membership recognition. EA SPORTS Season Ticket is available on PS3™ and Xbox 360 in North America, and Xbox 360 in Europe, Australia and New Zealand. For more information on the program – including subscription instructions, please visit http://www.easports.com/seasonticket.

To see additional information regarding Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13: The Masters Collector’s Edition visit http://www.easports.com/golf.

* INTERNET CONNECTION AND ORIGIN ACCOUNT (EA) REGISTRATION REQUIRED. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER. EA ONLINE PRIVACY POLICY AND TERMS OF SERVICE CAN BE FOUND AT www.ea.com. THE SAME ORIGIN ACCOUNT MUST BE USED IN BOTH THE DEMO AND THE FULL PRODUCT IN ORDER TO RECEIVE BONUS.

** CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS APPLY. SEE HTTP://WWW.EASPORTS.COM/SEASONTICKET FOR DETAILS.

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 10 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 kickingguru @ 03/17/12 11:49 AM
I believe you can disable the shot meter... You can make a custom setting entirely for yourself this year which should really help you adjust to what you are comfortable with.

# 102 goalie @ 03/18/12 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
While I agree that CM could be improved, I believe the reason you do not see a caddy and other enhancements gets down to resources. Rendering a Golf course with current console hardware is resource intensive as it is and they are pushing the hardware really hard to crank out the current visuals. I know the Dev Team want to do more in this respect, but I believe they are waiting for the next generation of consoles to start adding more immerisve elements to the game.
hey divotmaker and lt dan - you guys making any decisions on country clubs yet? i'd love to meet up with you guys when you do. i preordered at gamestop yesterday, and i will probably set up some little competitions on here when i do...

looking forward to catching up with you guys again...

# 103 dougdeuce @ 03/18/12 05:41 PM
OK, so i've been playing a lot of the demo, and I've upped the difficulty to Tournament with no caddie and no green grid. Shooting par is a fun experience, and when you get a birdie or an eagle, it's extremely rewarding.
Shooting under par consistently will be difficult, and I could see a good tourny ending up at 7-10 under par.

My question is, since I haven't played this game since '10, is can I be in contention at 7-10 under par, or will i still be 20 shots back? I would love if the tournaments ended up realistically, scoring wise.

# 104 DivotMaker @ 03/18/12 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
OK, so i've been playing a lot of the demo, and I've upped the difficulty to Tournament with no caddie and no green grid. Shooting par is a fun experience, and when you get a birdie or an eagle, it's extremely rewarding.
Shooting under par consistently will be difficult, and I could see a good tourny ending up at 7-10 under par.

My question is, since I haven't played this game since '10, is can I be in contention at 7-10 under par, or will i still be 20 shots back? I would love if the tournaments ended up realistically, scoring wise.
The computer scoring AI is user-adjustable in TW12, and I am guessing this will be the case in 13.

# 105 dougdeuce @ 03/18/12 10:54 PM
Quote:
The computer scoring AI is user-adjustable in TW12, and I am guessing this will be the case in 13.
Fantastic. I'm really excited for the 27th.

# 106 Lieutenant Dan @ 03/19/12 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie
hey divotmaker and lt dan - you guys making any decisions on country clubs yet? i'd love to meet up with you guys when you do. i preordered at gamestop yesterday, and i will probably set up some little competitions on here when i do...

looking forward to catching up with you guys again...
I'm not sure yet, goalie. We'll see how it all shakes down, but I hope we can get some rounds in regardless!

# 107 Skyboxer @ 03/20/12 01:54 AM
1 question for those that have played the demo or know about the retail.
Do you pick your own. Clubs etc.. Or does the game tell you the best club to use? And if it does tell you can it be turned off.
I just want to make sure (i'll try demo tomorrow) that there is some thinking involved other than swing power etc..
I bavent gotten TW since 11 and am itching to get a new golf game. Wouldnt mind joining a good group of guys also for some rounds
Thanks!

# 108 orthostud23 @ 03/20/12 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
1 question for those that have played the demo or know about the retail.
Do you pick your own. Clubs etc.. Or does the game tell you the best club to use? And if it does tell you can it be turned off.
I just want to make sure (i'll try demo tomorrow) that there is some thinking involved other than swing power etc..
I bavent gotten TW since 11 and am itching to get a new golf game. Wouldnt mind joining a good group of guys also for some rounds
Thanks!
In the demo on Tournament settings and caddy off it will still give you a "suggested" club for that distance to the hole. It does not take into account however elevation changes, wind, or lie.

Would glad to get in a round with you if you are on the 360!

# 109 Skyboxer @ 03/20/12 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthostud23
In the demo on Tournament settings and caddy off it will still give you a "suggested" club for that distance to the hole. It does not take into account however elevation changes, wind, or lie.

Would glad to get in a round with you if you are on the 360!
Ok I'm fine with that. The fun part about golfing is the thinking and manging the course. Suggested club is fine as for the most part you really do start your thinking with one club inmind. Then depending on the elevation, wind etc.. you go from there.

Guess I better get this puppy reserved.
Just need to decide on PS3 or 360.
Will see what the MOVE impressions are first.

# 110 croc500 @ 03/20/12 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Ok I'm fine with that. The fun part about golfing is the thinking and manging the course. Suggested club is fine as for the most part you really do start your thinking with one club inmind. Then depending on the elevation, wind etc.. you go from there.

Guess I better get this puppy reserved.
Just need to decide on PS3 or 360.
Will see what the MOVE impressions are first.
Im having the same problem, I have both move and kinect. Will probably play with controller too. The move seems easier to aim than the kinect. But, I like both, just dont know which to get.

# 111 Smiley79 @ 03/20/12 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by croc500
Im having the same problem, I have both move and kinect. Will probably play with controller too. The move seems easier to aim than the kinect. But, I like both, just dont know which to get.
I was going back and forth between the two demos, and ultimately, chose the 360 version. There was nothing between the two versions that stood out for me that made me choose one over the other. It came down to having more friends on my Xbox Live friends list than my PS3 list. I think both demos showed great promise, and I would be happy with either version. Once the games are fully released, I'll play the 360 version (as a Season Ticket holder) over the weekend, rent the PS3 version (Gamefly) and compare again.

# 112 kerosene31 @ 03/20/12 10:29 PM
I spent yet more time with the demo and I love this game and hate it. I still can't decide which wins out. I love the way you make full shots. At least it isn't so easy to place the ball exactly where you want it. The swing mechanics are a lot better, and it is a lot easier to miss a shot "a little bit". You can't just place the shots on a dime out there.

Chipping and less than 100% pitches still kill me though. It is just a little too touchy. I'm a poor golfer in real life at best (break 100 on a good day) but I feel I could do better with the short game in real life (and my short game is not great).

Short shots have always been tough in the game, but it seems like they got a little better over the years, but now this feels like a step back. There needs to be a different "scale" for chip shots. I know in real life it is just a swing with a lot less in it, but with a thumb stick this is really hard to pull off with any accuracy. Even with the meter on I am still way off.

I've put some more practice in (purposely putting balls off the green to get chipping practice) and I'm a little better. Still a long way to go though.

I am improving with putting, but it still feels way over sensitive, even with the meter.

I'm also concerned about these pin things which can reduce the wind and other things. Seems very arcadey and I'm not sure how I am going to find any online competition on my (poor) level. In past games we had a friends list going on 360 for live tournaments and at least I could hang with some players here.

I just see myself losing so many strokes to the chipping game especially. Have others spent more time with it and gotten the hang of it?

The physics do seem a lot better overall. That's the one thing that has me encouraged.

# 113 kerosene31 @ 03/20/12 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Gotta disagree with the chipping. I think it's so much better this year and the best part of the game because the past games really had no chipping.

A little advice for the short game: For those delicate chips and putts the follow thru is more important than the backswing. If you only need to chip 20 yards to the hole then take a tiny backswing and do a full follow thru and adjust accordingly according to distance. Keep hitting mulligan and practice and after awhile you will get a feel for both putting and chipping, it just takes practice.

Even watch the pros on TV and see what they do with thier swing on chips and putts because this new swing replicates it pretty well. Don't watch the animation of the golfer and just decide before hand how much you are going to move that joystick back and forth and do it without being influenced with the animation. Once you get better with it (and you will) it feels very rewarding hitting a nice little chip that almost holes out. And remember the slope of the green so it doesn't just keep roilling. You may have to hit underneath the ball so it gets some loft and stops more quickly.
Very good to know... thanks. Overall I'm liking the game. I'm just not the kind of person to put a ton of time into a demo so as long as I will figure it out eventually that's good.

# 114 Flightwhite24 @ 03/21/12 08:47 AM
Finally downloaded the Demo and I love it!!! I don't fully understand how the "Coins" work in regards to getting the DLC courses or fully unlocking them? Do we not have to buy the PDLC courses anymore if we just play the "CUSSWORD" out the game??? Can all the PDLC courses be unlocked permanently this way? Thanks in advance.

# 115 DivotMaker @ 03/21/12 10:17 AM
My understanding is you can "rent" the DLC courses with pin accumulation. Once you have purchased rounds with pins, you can play them in everything but CM. once you reach Course Mastery for each course, you then own that course and can play it in any game mode.

Or, you can purchase the course directly, and play in any mode from the outset which is what I plan to do since I rarely have enough time to reach course mastery on any course. Hope this helps.

# 116 Flightwhite24 @ 03/21/12 10:41 AM
Quote:
My understanding is you can "rent" the DLC courses with pin accumulation. Once you have purchased rounds with pins, you can play them in everything but CM. once you reach Course Mastery for each course, you then own that course and can play it in any game mode.

Or, you can purchase the course directly, and play in any mode from the outset which is what I plan to do since I rarely have enough time to reach course mastery on any course. Hope this helps.
Thanks DivotMaker. I'm sure I will just purchase it as well.

Also how are some of you fairing with putting?? I keep skulling my puts for some reason but other than that I am really digging the demo especially the short game.

# 117 DivotMaker @ 03/21/12 11:08 AM
I am enjoying the putting interface in Kinect....have not even picked up a controller for the demo and if the final product using Kinect is as good or better than the demo, I will likely never play TW13 with a controller....

# 118 Lieutenant Dan @ 03/21/12 01:39 PM
Great posts/thoughts from Kerosene and seymour's input on chipping/putting is great.

Quote:

Yeah, I'm a DLC course slut, I admit it. I'll be just buying them like I do every year. I feel I play the game enough to more than get my money's worth and I don't buy DLC for many games at all. That's what is nice about being employed and having freedom of choice LOL.

Next week for the full version, guys!

# 119 mctrees02 @ 03/21/12 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Gotta disagree with the chipping. I think it's so much better this year and the best part of the game because the past games really had no chipping.

A little advice for the short game: For those delicate chips and putts the follow thru is more important than the backswing. If you only need to chip 20 yards to the hole then take a tiny backswing and do a full follow thru and adjust accordingly according to distance. Keep hitting mulligan and practice and after awhile you will get a feel for both putting and chipping, it just takes practice.

Even watch the pros on TV and see what they do with thier swing on chips and putts because this new swing replicates it pretty well. Don't watch the animation of the golfer and just decide before hand how much you are going to move that joystick back and forth and do it without being influenced with the animation. Once you get better with it (and you will) it feels very rewarding hitting a nice little chip that almost holes out. And remember the slope of the green so it doesn't just keep roilling. You may have to hit underneath the ball so it gets some loft and stops more quickly.
and nothing about what you just said applies to how you chip a golf ball in real life.

I'm with others in that I love the full swing and your ability to control the plane of the club but the putting and chipping is maddening. As an avid golfer and a single digit handicap (just barely under 10 now! ), there is very little that is realistic about the motion and/or ball physics in the game for your short game that also applies to what you would do in real life.

# 120 DivotMaker @ 03/21/12 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mctrees02
and nothing about what you just said applies to how you chip a golf ball in real life.

I'm with others in that I love the full swing and your ability to control the plane of the club but the putting and chipping is maddening. As an avid golfer and a single digit handicap (just barely under 10 now! ), there is very little that is realistic about the motion and/or ball physics in the game for your short game that also applies to what you would do in real life.
IMO, if you utilize the shot set up feature the correct way, the chipping and pitching are very well done and certainly an improvement over previous TW console versions. Could they be improved? Heck yes....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.