Home
UEFA Euro 2012 News Post

Check out the new UEFA Euro 2012 screenshots, right here.

EA Celebrates UEFA EURO 2012 With Exclusive Release of Officially Licensed Videogame

EA SPORTS UEFA EURO 2012 Digital Expansion Pack To FIFA Soccer 12Gives Fans The Best Way To Experience The Drama Of The Real-World Tournament

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. --(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) announced today that EA SPORTS™ will celebrate UEFA EURO 2012™ with the only officially licensed videogame of the 2012 European Football Championship which begins June 8 in Poland and Ukraine. EA SPORTS UEFA EURO 2012™ will be available as a paid digital expansion pack to fans who own EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer 12 on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, and PC. The videogame will be available to fans beginning April 24, 2012.

EA SPORTS UEFA EURO 2012 recreates all the drama and excitement of the official tournament with all 53 UEFA member national teams, all eight official stadiums in the tournament, and all the pageantry and atmosphere of one of the largest and most-watched sporting events on the planet. Fans will be able to compete online* for national pride and glory as their favourite European country in the UEFA EURO 2012™ tournament against rival nations in the group stage, progress through the sudden victory knockout rounds, and ultimately compete for the chance to be crowned UEFA EURO 2012™ champion. Plus, a live service will drive real-life story lines from the UEFA EURO 2012™ qualifying campaign and during the tournament into the game, enabling fans to relive dramatic moments with challenges based on real-life matches. Challenges will enable fans to earn experience points and level up their EA SPORTS Football Club profile.

“This game will tap into the passion fans have for their national teams by capturing all of the national rivalries in-game, and re-creating all the emotion of the UEFA EURO 2012™ tournament,” said Producer Sebastian Enrique. “We are utilizing the best-playing FIFA Soccer videogame ever, driving live, digital content created from the biggest headlines from the tournament into the game, and offering an exclusive new mode that will challenge gamers in unique and compelling ways.”

The all-new Expedition Mode designed exclusively for UEFA EURO 2012 enables fans to build, manage and compete with a customized team against other European nations, crafting the perfect strategy for European domination. Fans will choose their favourite European player or FIFA Soccer 12 Virtual Pro to captain their customized team, win matches to earn better players from defeated nations, and then defeat the best nations to earn the best players in a campaign quest to defeat all 53 countries and complete the journey to conquer Europe.

UEFA EURO 2012 is developed by EA Canada in Burnaby, B.C. It is scheduled for release on April 24, 2012 in North America and Europe, and April 25 in other countries around the world. The manufacturer suggested retail price is $19.99, 1800 MS Points and 2,500 FIFA Points on PC. UEFA EURO 2012 is rated “E” for Everyone and PEGI 3+.

Fact Sheet

Lead your country to UEFA EURO 2012™ glory with the official and exclusive EA SPORTS™ FIFA 12 digital expansion pack. EA SPORTS UEFA EURO 2012™ recreates the passion and rivalry of the official tournament, enables players to relive dramatic moments from real-world matches, and challenges fans to build and manage their dream team to conquer Europe in the all-new Expedition mode.

Lead your country to UEFA EURO 2012™ glory with the official and exclusive FIFA 12 digital expansion pack. EA SPORTS UEFA EURO 2012™ recreates the passion and rivalry of the official tournament with all 53 UEFA member national teams, all eight official stadiums, and all the pageantry and atmosphere of one of the largest and most-watched sporting events on the planet. Compete as your favourite country in an authentic online tournament mode against rival nations in the group stage, progress through the knockout rounds, and ultimately compete for the chance to be crowned the UEFA EURO 2012™ champion. Real-world storylines will drive live content through EA SPORTS Football Club. Relive dramatic moments from qualifying and the tournament with challenges based on real-world matches. Plus, the all-new Expedition Mode designed exclusively for UEFA EURO 2012 enables fans to build, manage and compete with a customized squad against other European nations. Choose your favorite European player or FIFA 12 Virtual Pro to captain your customized team, win matches to earn better players from defeated nations, and unlock more powerful nations as you strategize the perfect plan to complete the journey to conquer Europe.

Key Features
  • Win UEFA EURO 2012™ — Compete with any of the 53 UEFA member national teams against rival nations in the official tournament and lead them to glory. Play in all 8 official stadiums that come to life with the pageantry and festivity of the real-world tournament in Poland-Ukraine.
  • Play UEFA EURO 2012™ Online — Compete for national pride and glory in the UEFA EURO 2012™ online tournament. Play as your favourite European nation against rivals in the group stage through the knockout rounds for the chance to be crowned UEFA EURO 2012™ champion.
  • EA SPORTS Football Club Challenges — A live service that drives real-world story lines into the game, enabling fans to relive moments from qualifying and the real-world tournament through scenario-based challenges. The live service will deliver challenges during UEFA EURO 2012™, giving fans the chance to change history. Challenges will enable fans to earn experience points and level up their EA SPORTS Football Club profile.
  • Dominate Europe – Build, manage and compete with a customized squad against other European nations in the all-new Expedition Mode. Start with your favourite European player or FIFA 12 Virtual Pro as the captain, and then craft the perfect strategy for European domination. Earn better players from defeated nations as you travel the continent to build your squad. Unlock and then defeat the best nations to earn the best players in your campaign quest to defeat all 53 countries and complete the journey to conquer Europe.
  • Spectacular Presentation: UEFA EURO 2012™ comes to life in spectacular fashion with all the emotion and pageantry of the official tournament, including all 8 official licensed stadia. The atmosphere comes to life with confetti cannons, streamers, flags and fireworks as if you were on the pitch in Poland or the Ukraine.
  • Awarding-Winning Gameplay— UEFA EURO 2012™ is an expansion to the award-winning FIFA 12. The official videogame of UEFA EURO 2012™ is powered by the Player Impact Engine, and revolutionary gameplay innovations like Precision Dribbling, Tactical Defending, and Pro Player Intelligence.
Product Specifications
Publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
Developer: EA Canada
Street Date: April 24, 2012 (NA, EU)
Rating: “E” for everyone, PEGI 3+
Platforms: PLAYSTATION®3/ Xbox 360®, PC Digital Download
No of Online Players: 1-2
No of Offline Players: 1-7 (PS3); 1-4 (Xbox 360); 1-5 (PC)
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/easportsfifa
Twitter: www.twitter.com/easportsfifa.

Recommended Specs for FIFA 12 on PC: Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66 GHz or AMD Athlon II X2 245e or up. Main Memory: 2 GB (Win 7, Vista) 1GB for XP. Graphics Card: ATI Radeon™ HD 3600, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, Intel’s Sandy Bridge (HD Graphics 2000) and Ivy Bridge (HD Graphics 3000)
DirectX® 9.0c Compatible 3D accelerated 256 MB video card or equivalent (must support Shader Model 3.0 or above) DirectX® 9.0c Compatible Sound Card

© 2012 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved. The UEFA and EURO 2012 words, the UEFA EURO 2012 logo and slogans and the UEFA EURO trophy are protected by trade marks and/or copyright of UEFA. No use for commercial purposes may be made of such trade marks. Official FIFA licensed product. "© The FIFA Brand OLP Logo is a copyright and trademark of FIFA. All rights reserved." Manufactured under license by Electronic Arts Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

*INTERNET CONNECTION, Origin (EA) Account registration and FIFA 12 ONLINE PASS required for online play on Xbox 360 and PS3. INTERNET CONNECTION and Origin (EA) Account registration and required for PC. Must be 13+ to create an account.

Game: UEFA Euro 2012Reader Score: 1/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 1 - View All
UEFA Euro 2012 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Cubfan @ 03/29/12 05:49 PM
The one gameplay change I want is more penalties called + more cards.

# 22 shupirate98 @ 03/29/12 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry8331
Looks like it will since the fact sheet says you can play w/ 53 countries which should include all 51 teams from qualifying (+ Pol & Ukr)
Yes it says all 53 countries are included but it says you can play as any country in the group stage and knockout rounds. No mention of playing through qualifying which leads me to believe and worry you can't and that if you want to be say, Norway, the only thing you can do is just put them in the place of one of the 16 qualifiers. The only mention of qualifying is that there will be scenario challenges taken from the qualifiers. Nothing about actually being able to play though the qualifiers which would certainly be something you think they'd mention if it was actually included.

# 23 sanket @ 03/30/12 02:44 AM
Can anybody please tell me anything about the Size of the download it'll be in terms of MB's on PS3! Please I am desperate!!!!!

# 24 man_u_treble @ 03/30/12 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shupirate98
Yes it says all 53 countries are included but it says you can play as any country in the group stage and knockout rounds. No mention of playing through qualifying which leads me to believe and worry you can't and that if you want to be say, Norway, the only thing you can do is just put them in the place of one of the 16 qualifiers. The only mention of qualifying is that there will be scenario challenges taken from the qualifiers. Nothing about actually being able to play though the qualifiers which would certainly be something you think they'd mention if it was actually included.

I agree, I hope and pray that qualifying is included, but after reading the annoucement again, I'm not holding my breath. I think they would have said something about going through qualifying with the real groups. This will be a major dissapointment if it is true.

# 25 shupirate98 @ 03/30/12 12:51 PM
If they actually have left out qualifying and put in instead the absurd Expedition Mode thing...well, I really don't even have the words for that.

And just going to have a look at the EA forums, yeah it's pretty clear there's no qualifying. So I won't be getting this. And the one time my team, Ireland, actually did qualify too. Lame EA. Very lame.

# 26 LucianoJJ @ 03/30/12 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
The one gameplay change I want is more penalties called + more cards.

I agree about more cards. I was actually happy with the number of penalties, but there weren't enough fouls. This meant there were hardly any free kicks for me. This lack of fouls/cards/free kicks kept were the only major drawbacks of FIFA 12 IMO.

# 27 orion523 @ 03/30/12 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianoJJ

I agree about more cards. I was actually happy with the number of penalties, but there weren't enough fouls. This meant there were hardly any free kicks for me. This lack of fouls/cards/free kicks kept were the only major drawbacks of FIFA 12 IMO.

This is just about the only thing I don't like about the game. In well over 100 matches I've never seen a red card called, never. Yellows I average one every three matches or so with most games going "foul less" Its totally absurd and nearly ruins the game.

# 28 man_u_treble @ 03/30/12 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shupirate98
If they actually have left out qualifying and put in instead the absurd Expedition Mode thing...well, I really don't even have the words for that.

And just going to have a look at the EA forums, yeah it's pretty clear there's no qualifying. So I won't be getting this. And the one time my team, Ireland, actually did qualify too. Lame EA. Very lame.

No qualifying is without a doubt a MAJOR drawback, but I'll probably still buy it. (I'm a sucker)

# 29 Dazraz @ 04/01/12 09:28 AM
A great idea to go DLC with this rather than release a full priced game as in previous years.

# 30 dickey1331 @ 04/01/12 10:49 AM
Sucks about the no qualifying but Ill probably still get this. Wonder if they are releasing new trophies too.

# 31 dickey1331 @ 04/02/12 04:48 PM
As posted in another thread here is a Q&A with one of the producers

http://playstationer.net/2012/03/29/...2012-producer/

Quote:
Q. Will there be a knockout style online mode like the one implemented in #FIFA12 for the H2H seasons cup mode?

A. Our online mode is the tournament itself, you play H2H games first in group stage and then the knock out rounds.

Q. Is there going to be a demo out?

A. There is gonna be a Trial that will be launched same day as the final product. The trial is only for Xbox 360 and PS3.

Q. Will the boots in EURO 2012 be in the normal Fifa 12??

A. The new boots that come for Euro players are only available in the Euro DLC. Unfortunately no cross over with FIFA on this.

Q. Will the game have the same type of gameplay as #FIFA12 or like #FIFA13 gameplay or a bit of both?

A. As part of using the FIFA Engine and being DLC, there are no gameplay changes within Euro. FIFA gameplay is awesome!

Q. Will it include the qualification rounds?

A. The offline tournament mode does not have qualification. But you can customize it to play it with any team

Q. When is the #EASPORTSEuro2012 released?

A. Euro will be released on April 24th on most places, some regions will have it one day after.

Q. Will there be new commentary and broadcast graphics?

A. Unique Euro commentary is included for the following languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Dutch, Polish.

Q. Will be ther new faces of players a uefa EURO 2012 compared with fifa 12?

A. Having 53 teams we have players that are not available in FIFA 12, but we did not perform any new HD 3D scans.

Q. Is there any modifications to the player impact engine?

A. Euro does not introduce any gameplay updates to the impact engine. We are based on the FIFA 12 engine.

Q. Is expedition mode online aswell as offline?

A. Expedition mode is an offline only mode. It's inspired by board games and in a journey through Europe.

Q. Is Iceland in the game?

A. All 53 UEFA member national teams are represented in the game.

Q. Will the stadiums in the Euro 2012 Ep be available to use in normal FIFA 12 game modes??

A. The 8 new official stadiums that come with Euro are only available in Euro.

Q. Will the team squads be updated as they happen during the tournament in real life? Stats and squad changes?

A. We have squad updates planned, especially one once all the 23-player line ups are announced.

Q. Will any of the players ratings change?

A. The players database in Euro is separate from the players database in FIFA.

Q. Is the add on just the tournament and not qualifying?

A. The add on is much more than the tournament. There is kick off, offline tournament, online tournament, challenges, and expedition

Q. Is there a trial of the DLC available? If so what do it entail?

A. In the trial you can play with Spain or Germany in kick off and there is the chance to try out the offline game modes.

Q. Is there an Ultimate team or career mode game mode?

A. There is no cross over between Ultimate Team and Euro unfortunately.

Q. Will it have it's own menu? Like fifa 12 etc?

A. Euro is accessible from a menu item in the FIFA 12 main menu. From there you enter into the Euro world :-)

Q. In expedition mode do you pick the 23 man squad out of all of that country players?

A. In Expedition you pick a captain, the rest is randomly assigned at the start. You will acquire players by winning matches.

Q. When will the trial be available?

A. The trial will be available same day as the full game.

Q. Updated euro2012 kits?

A. Most kits for our licensed teams will be as updated as possible.

Q. Will there be Team play? where you can play with friends?

A. Unfortunately online team play is not available in Euro.

Q. Will graphics and animations be changed and improved within the DLC?

A. Graphics wise, the presentation follows the broadcast graphics and art style as true as possible to the real tournament

# 32 ronaldo9 @ 04/02/12 05:46 PM
Thanks for posting that Q&A. Although I'm impressed that they've decided to release this as DLC to an existing game for a lesser price, I don't think new stadiums, roster updates and languages - and being separate from the rest of FIFA - are enough to get me to buy, but maybe the trial will change my mind (another nice touch)

# 33 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 04/02/12 07:22 PM
Is this available for pre order? I want it for PC

# 34 orion523 @ 04/03/12 11:15 PM
The interview has cemented it for me, no go. I'll patiently wait for FIFA 13

# 35 boritter @ 04/04/12 03:05 AM
Isn't 1800MS = $22.50? If so, that means it is more expensive on the 360.

# 36 MachoMyers @ 04/05/12 04:29 AM
Looking forward to this, especially seeing as England will actually be in this year.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.