Home
News Post

Okay guys...

Here is the Spring Training version of the Operation Sports Full Minors for 2012, for MLB 12 The Show.

This initial set looks really tight... and there is some FANTASTIC work done on these. Dare I say... the best set yet.

There are too many to thank for this... and I will come back and fill out this post with all those involved, as I know you guys want to get your hands on these and start your franchises.

Here is the link for the OSFM ST v.1They will be up in the Vault momentarily...
  • File name: O.S.F.M. SPRING
Thanks for all your patience... and most of all enjoy!!!

I just want to thank some people... and I have to say... this community is truly exceptional. Operation Sports is simply the best run website I visit. Bar none... and the members that frequent here are one of the main reasons. Good people attract other good people.

In no particular order... I really need to thank all of the people involved in the making of this set... as this is a true community effort and without all of these guys, it would make the process much harder and much, much longer.

Thanks to:

EDITORS and FACES:
JoeRyan33
TNKNGM
sink4ever
davis420
theaub
MLBBob
CWSPalehose19
bedwardsroy19
Karle
theSlab
PsychoBulk
Ivanhoe
mhag4
moose16
TheRunandShoot
Apostle
yankeedaniel99
adamj2281
Ratfink
jmeyers1975
Novanik
authentic
mlbonfox
thekid24
bdolski
tree3five
piratesboy
ilstu24
Rag3vsWorld
cmorris25
juicer420
drustrk3
Jetfire
JGainsey
ElectricWizard
LastRegret

FACES
Majoniak
Willard76
GreatNorthern47
bodhiball
MauerMorneu
GoBucs09
Throwback
NatsFan_1997
Hawnprime
seanjeezy
and
Aroid1313

I'd like to thank ksig24 for his insight and input into the potential base for the set...

... and last but CERTAINLY not least...
RidinDwnKingsley...

Without his TREMENDOUS work and the immense amount of time that he puts into these rosters... they would have taken 3 times as long to do.

I CANNOT say enough about this, as his dedication and sheer bulldog mentality to get it done, means so much to these.

Also to Steve... the owner of O.S. and the mods on here who make it easy to keep the threads in order and viable to use in conjunction with the set.

...and of course thanks to the entire O.S. community for all the input that you guys have been putting into these for YEARS!

THANK YOU!

Guys.....a lot of people have requested to give back in response to these rosters. They offer thanks and several have offered money.
I suggest charities if you really want to do something as a thanks to these.

My suggested charities....The N.Y.C. FireFighters Burn Center....Wounded Warriors....or .....http://www.extra-life.org/

Thank you!

M.K.
Knight165

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 601 Knight165 @ 04/10/12 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshualmccoy
Hi Knight (or whomever can help me out with this rosters question). First of all, thank you so much for all the work this community has done with the rosters. So far, they have been great to play with and I'm really looking forward to the updated version that goes live tomorrow so that I can begin my franchise!

My question is this: I am new to The Show, buy have been furiously reading how to set up the 25 man rosters in franchise mode by manually controlling all 30 teams, etc. I understand how to option the 15 players to the minors who will not be part of the regular season 25 man roster. How do I know which players are the 15 that I need to option to the minors for each of the 30 teams and what level I should option them to? Is there a spreadsheet or website that has been posted for this information? I don't need to manually injure players who are beginning the season on the DL, but would really like to get the 25 man rosters as close to real as possible.

Please help me understand this piece of the puzzle. I would love an answer to this by the time the updated rosters come out tomorrow night!

Thanks!
I use MLB.com....the ACTIVE ROSTER page...
You can then click on the MINOR LEAGUE AFFILIATES pages to see what level they are on.

M.K.
Knight165

# 602 Qb @ 04/11/12 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
The only thing you can't do with that is put them on the DL yourself.(you can give them the injuries...just not make the DL move)

M.K.
Knight165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
The cpu will not place their long term "manually" injured players on the DL right?
any idea why they dont do this?
This was something I brought up around the time of the community event (I think shortly after). In MLB11, when applying manual injuries to CPU-controlled teams in a single-team franchise, the CPU team did not put the player on the DL. Not the biggest issue, but it does affect roster/40-man spots.

I haven't messed with franchise yet with '12 to see if it was fixed. Knight said he'd try to bring it to the devs' attention, but it was very late in the production game.

# 603 Totte @ 04/11/12 12:26 PM
Pirates sign Rick Vandenhurk

# 604 oldman @ 04/11/12 01:55 PM
I am looking for the opening day rosters. Are they up yet?

# 605 The Kid 24 @ 04/11/12 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
I am looking for the opening day rosters. Are they up yet?
They're suppose to be released at 9 ET.

# 606 beantownbruins @ 04/11/12 02:55 PM
Hey Knight I read back a couple of pages and saw that the opening day roster will not be under your name. It's not a big deal if you don't respond to this I was just curious as to why that is the case.

# 607 il blood il @ 04/11/12 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
They're suppose to be released at 9 ET.
9PM i am assuming?

# 608 The Kid 24 @ 04/11/12 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by il blood il
9PM i am assuming?
Oh **** sorry... Yea 9 PM ET.

# 609 CubFan23 @ 04/11/12 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownbruins
Hey Knight I read back a couple of pages and saw that the opening day roster will not be under your name. It's not a big deal if you don't respond to this I was just curious as to why that is the case.
I believe he is going out of town and whoever has it that is doing the final touch ups is going to post it. Don't worry though, it's in good hands!

# 610 Knight165 @ 04/11/12 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownbruins
Just timing. I'm due to leave for Texas for two or three weeks.
As it turns out...I may not be going....I've got either an inner ear infection or an abscess that is absolutely destroying me right now. Until this is cleared up....I can't get cleared to go.
Either way...RidinDwnKingsley will be handling the Opening Day set right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by il blood il
9PM i am assuming?
Yes...Ridin' will post it as soon as it's ready....and he's home to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
I believe he is going out of town and whoever has it that is doing the final touch ups is going to post it. Don't worry though, it's in good hands!
Yep...very good!

M.K.
Knight165

# 611 37 @ 04/11/12 04:30 PM
Quote:
As it turns out...I may not be going....I've got either an inner ear infection or an abscess that is absolutely destroying me right now. Until this is cleared up....I can't get cleared to go.

Yes...Ridin' will post it as soon as it's ready....and he's home to do so.

Yep...very good!

M.K.
Knight165
hope u feel better Knight...ur truly one of the good guys

# 612 beantownbruins @ 04/11/12 05:01 PM
Quote:

M.K.
Knight165
Damn dude that sucks. That's no fair you do all this work and get sick...Feel better and fast!!!

# 613 Curahee @ 04/11/12 05:19 PM
Quote:
I've got ... an abscess that is absolutely destroying me right now.
You want that I should yank that bad boy out?

I'll have you good as new in no time!

# 614 RidinDwnKingsley @ 04/11/12 05:59 PM
Update:

Ok guys I will be releasing the OSFM Opening Day Set around 9pm EST...I will make a thread here and post a link..I will also post the link on my Twitter and then post them in the vault...we are still on pace T-minus 3 hours and counting.....

# 615 BDKiiing @ 04/11/12 06:01 PM
Get well Uncle Knight.

# 616 yanksdaniel99 @ 04/11/12 06:48 PM
Orioles sign Joel Pineiro to minor league deal

# 617 patrick3turner @ 04/11/12 07:55 PM
Thanks to all Involved in creating these Rosters!!! Been itching for these to come out so I can start my METS Franchise!! Looks like ill be staying up late tonight since the release wont be to 9 ET!!! Cant Wait!

# 618 authentic @ 04/11/12 07:56 PM
Guys, these are as opening day. Soooo, posting transactions of today means nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 619 DetroitStyle @ 04/11/12 08:00 PM
Ridins doing the refinements? In good hands the rosters are

# 620 authentic @ 04/11/12 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispers
from what i read on here was they were working all the transactions up till today so dunno who told you they weren't
Smh...what is today's date? If today's date is 4/10/12 then, yes all transactions today would be in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.