Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

Kotaku has posted some hands-on impressions of NCAA Football 13. Here's some interesting tidbits:

Quote:
"More than anything, Richart and his team wanted to wash out that sludge, and give you a passer who can stand tall and examine his options, or roll out and find his running back or tight end without getting driven into the turf.

This year, Richart vows, players are going to have to see the ball before they can react to it, on offense and defense. For defenders, that means the end of the so-called Psychic Defensive Back, a promise that seemingly is made every year.

For starters, there are 25 new passing trajectories in this game, covering all types of speed and distance. Weaker arms will have a higher loft on their deep balls, for example.

There's another stick behavior the game is trying to condition out—the huge dropback. Players instinctively lay on the left stick, down, after the snap to get their quarterback out of the way of the pass rush. In NCAA 13, automatic drops of 1, 3, 5 or 7-steps have now been plugged into the game, and your quarterback will proceed through them automatically—without throwing the ball, of course. "

What do you all think?

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Scribe1980 @ 04/18/12 12:56 AM
Automatically slotted drop backs depending on the pass play call?

Does this mean I can't drop the QB 10 yards if I want to? Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought this was a VIDEO game. If I want to drop the QB back 25 yards I'd better be able to damn well do so at my own will.

I was on the fence about chucking EA football for good; this might push me over.

# 22 johnnyg713 @ 04/18/12 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe1980
Automatically slotted drop backs depending on the pass play call?

Does this mean I can't drop the QB 10 yards if I want to? Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought this was a VIDEO game. If I want to drop the QB back 25 yards I'd better be able to damn well do so at my own will.

I was on the fence about chucking EA football for good; this might push me over.
NCAA is a football SIMULATION. You can scramble out of the pocket if you need to but when does a qb drop back 10 yards? There are 7 step drops for deep plays, so the qb has time for the play to develop, but no you won't see 7 step drop back if you call a 5 yard slant. That's unrealistic and totally unnecessary. Football is all about timing. There ix arcade football game made by EA called blitz if you'd rather play that.

# 23 pietasterp @ 04/18/12 01:44 AM
Too many broken promises, too much over-promising and under-delivering over the years...how many time do we pay $60 before we get the game we should have gotten 3 years ago? Barring some revelation that the game is so much better than anyone ever could have dreamed, I'm 100% OUT this year...

# 24 Broncos86 @ 04/18/12 02:06 AM
Owen Good is always pretty fair about NCAA and Madden. The article is more than fair.

# 25 trey2k198003 @ 04/18/12 10:56 AM
its a football video game it looks to have tweaked sometings but all in all it seems to be ok just cant wait for dynasty stuff. the on the field stuff is just cosmetics. Does anyone on here remember pro action football? or joe montana football how about ncaa 99 ? i mean graphically thats what i grew up with so to havea game where theres trajectory or where players heads turn or you can see the quaterback look from side to side down across the field is great for me. Its a video game all it is people dont expect gold for 60 dollars and 7 months worth of devolpment. That being said may 7th here we come .......got my fingers crossed hopefully they fix the import bug!

# 26 trey2k198003 @ 04/18/12 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Still no doubleteam pass blocking, consecutive hit tackles and what about pass inteference for offense & defense that works? Passing means nothing without RISK/REWARD!!!! Just arcade style gameplay that EA is famous for.
Arcade? tecmo bowl is arcade, blitz is arcade....where do you get arcade from? tune youre sliders if you want more penalties thats a easy fix. and i ve seen consecutive hit tackles in both ncaa 12 and in madden 12 now the double team pass blocking would be nice lol .

# 27 Ramminyou @ 04/18/12 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k198003
its a football video game it looks to have tweaked sometings but all in all it seems to be ok just cant wait for dynasty stuff. the on the field stuff is just cosmetics. Does anyone on here remember pro action football? or joe montana football how about ncaa 99 ? i mean graphically thats what i grew up with so to havea game where theres trajectory or where players heads turn or you can see the quaterback look from side to side down across the field is great for me. Its a video game all it is people dont expect gold for 60 dollars and 7 months worth of devolpment. That being said may 7th here we come .......got my fingers crossed hopefully they fix the import bug!
Yeah, all that "on the field stuff" is just a distraction. These games are really all about the menus!

# 28 Seanzie @ 04/18/12 11:52 AM
Between the lack of reading comprehension, the always-negative comments of the OS community and the romanticizing of old versions of NCAA, EA can never win here. I wonder if some of you just suck at playing the game and get mad when you try to play on Heisman and get sent home with a butt-whooping and come here to vent your frustrations.

Does the game have flaws? Yes, of course. Every single game does. Does EA frustrate me with their messed-up patches? Yes they do. But this is a great game that plays mostly realistically, and at the end of the day, is fun as hell.

I, for one, recognize and appreciate the improvements NCAA has made every year. NCAA 12 was great, and I'm 100% certain 13 will be even better and more realistic.

# 29 Cardot @ 04/18/12 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzie
I wonder if some of you just suck at playing the game and get mad when you try to play on Heisman and get sent home with a butt-whooping and come here to vent your frustrations.
LOL, yeah, that's it.

# 30 Illustrator76 @ 04/18/12 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I agree, its a find-it-early title!! The hunt begins soon...
Since when has this not been the case with you though? Good, bad or ugly (and the game has mostly been bad and ugly) you always "hunt" for NCAA Football early, so you can't state that as if the quality or upgrades in the game has anything to do with it, because clearly it doesn't.

On another note, Kotaku sounds just as skeptical about NCAA 13 as I am, and they have actually played the game (or a "build" of it at least). That doesn't exactly make me all warm and fuzzy inside.

# 31 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 04/18/12 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k198003
2k managed to do it

# 32 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 04/18/12 12:56 PM
Quote:
Between the lack of reading comprehension, the always-negative comments of the OS community and the romanticizing of old versions of NCAA, EA can never win here. I wonder if some of you just suck at playing the game and get mad when you try to play on Heisman and get sent home with a butt-whooping and come here to vent your frustrations.

Does the game have flaws? Yes, of course. Every single game does. Does EA frustrate me with their messed-up patches? Yes they do. But this is a great game that plays mostly realistically, and at the end of the day, is fun as hell.

I, for one, recognize and appreciate the improvements NCAA has made every year. NCAA 12 was great, and I'm 100% certain 13 will be even better and more realistic.
The outcomes may be realistic but the game doesnt look realistic and i think alot of ppl fans of ea have come to accept..the ugly stiff animayions the arcadish style movement..thats my.biggest issue.the players dont behave in a realistic manner..that may deal more eith the looks of the game

# 33 khaliib @ 04/18/12 02:06 PM
Quote:

I normally don't comment to post like this, but this has become the trend the past couple of year's around this time.

The very same thing you note in your 1st paragraph, you turn and do yourself.

There's really no need to attack other member's or the Community in whole, whether you agree or diagree with them.

Just don't get why some feel they need to go here.

This is the stuff that I wish would receive "Insta-Ban's".

Just makes the site seem poorly structured/controlled!!!

# 34 franch1se @ 04/18/12 08:14 PM
anything about duplicate numbers yet?

# 35 Seanzie @ 04/19/12 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I normally don't comment to post like this, but this has become the trend the past couple of year's around this time.

The very same thing you note in your 1st paragraph, you turn and do yourself.

There's really no need to attack other member's or the Community in whole, whether you agree or diagree with them.

Just don't get why some feel they need to go here.

This is the stuff that I wish would receive "Insta-Ban's".

Just makes the site seem poorly structured/controlled!!!
Legit criticism is an excellent component of letting developer's know what they need to do to improve their games. Saying things like "SAME OLD EA NOT DELIVERING ON PROMISES" and just complaining isn't constructive; it's asinine. If you don't do that, then I wasn't talking to you, but all you have to do is open ANY thread and you'll immediately see people complaining about nonexistant issues and miniscule details. Also, I'd love to know how I did the same thing I just criticized a large part of the community for doing.

The game plays as well as any football game ever created, that is undisputed. NFL 2K was good but its' gameplay is beyond romanticized as to how good it is/was, and people holding onto that game as the standard-bearer for football games are just wrong. NFL 2K's litany of customization options is something I wish would make their way into EA games, but that's really about it.

NCAA is an outstanding game with a couple of flaws, and each year it gets better and better. I give the team that creates NCAA a lot of credit for listening to their consumers. Not everything can be fixed in one year, and that's where the unrealistic expectations come into play which turns into what amounts to petty whining.

If you don't want to buy the game, don't, but don't come onto a message board dealing with the game to tell us you won't. It adds nothing. Don't come onto a thread posting complaints about features that none of us have truly seen or, more importantly, played. That's the kind of stuff that should be "insta-banned".

# 36 Robby73 @ 04/20/12 08:13 PM
Quote:
Legit criticism is an excellent component of letting developer's know what they need to do to improve their games. Saying things like "SAME OLD EA NOT DELIVERING ON PROMISES" and just complaining isn't constructive; it's asinine. If you don't do that, then I wasn't talking to you, but all you have to do is open ANY thread and you'll immediately see people complaining about nonexistant issues and miniscule details. Also, I'd love to know how I did the same thing I just criticized a large part of the community for doing.

The game plays as well as any football game ever created, that is undisputed. NFL 2K was good but its' gameplay is beyond romanticized as to how good it is/was, and people holding onto that game as the standard-bearer for football games are just wrong. NFL 2K's litany of customization options is something I wish would make their way into EA games, but that's really about it.

NCAA is an outstanding game with a couple of flaws, and each year it gets better and better. I give the team that creates NCAA a lot of credit for listening to their consumers. Not everything can be fixed in one year, and that's where the unrealistic expectations come into play which turns into what amounts to petty whining.

If you don't want to buy the game, don't, but don't come onto a message board dealing with the game to tell us you won't. It adds nothing. Don't come onto a thread posting complaints about features that none of us have truly seen or, more importantly, played. That's the kind of stuff that should be "insta-banned".
NCAA is an outstanding game I agree ,did they need to improve gameplay ofcourse they did and if this title is what they say then it will be the best football sim game on the market, right now, imo ncaa 11 is the best.
But i do agree alot of people come on here and bash ea before the game is even out.

# 37 CcAaRrSsOoNn3 @ 04/20/12 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
anything about duplicate numbers yet?
Highly doubt it will happen.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.