Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here. (DualShockers)

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 301 sgibs7 @ 05/06/12 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
At this point I hope the mods come and lock this thread up. It just seems to be nothing but a bunch of tourney guys talking complete nonsense and pushing an agenda at this point. For the most part, the OS community leans more towards the "sim" direction, meaning we don't do BS stuff like nanos, shake blitzes or abuse glitches, regardless of whether or not it's the developers fault for them being in the game. Far be it for me to tell anyone: "You're not welcome here" because I don't run this forum and it isn't my place to say that, but all you freestyle guys have your own forums where you can discuss your style of play around like-minded people, so why come here on OS and derail a thread to argue with people who don't share your same views? It makes no sense whatsoever to me. At first it seemed like sgibs7 was actually trying to understand our point of view, but now this whole thread has turned into how "tourney" style players are the Mike Martz's and Buddy Ryan's of the Madden world and "sim" guys suck, refuse to adjust and don't know strategy. I have said it before and I will say it again, you guys are NOT Buddy Ryan and Mike Martz with your BS exploits, glitches and "shake blitz" tactics that aren't even possible in real life. Period. And please don't ever think that you are anywhere close to being real "strategists" like those guys are/were. I really can't stress that last sentence enough. Seriously. Please do NOT take your success using BS tactics, glitches and exploits in Madden as anything other than exactly that.

You guys can continue arguing, but I am not debating the topic anymore. I just wanted to say my peace and then let you guys continue doing whatever you choose.
do you know the strategy behind how I play?

whats your strategy? how do you gameplan for a game?

# 302 sgibs7 @ 05/06/12 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baller7345
I know its not really a big problem if you user control but that was what people were referring too. Well maybe not quite as blunt as that but you get the picture. I wouldn't have attempted what I did there in a normal game I would of just swatted it down. However when you play someone who either doesn't have the skill to make that play or doesn't have the skill to actually user catch that throw then you run into areas where people find things like that annoying.

Also while I'd love to play you in a game you picked the worst time. School is ending and with it my access to a high speed internet connection. The only Madden I'll be playing within the next few months will be at a launch tournament come August (unless I get a good connection by then).
good deal man - i want to see if we can get this to be a problem on a very high % clip

# 303 ODogg @ 05/07/12 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibs7
If its 4th and 35 you should honestly be happy they are going for it - lock up and get the ball back.
Wow..umm..NO, I'm not happy when people play stupidly and unrealistically, even if it benefits me. And that's assuming it's going to benefit me, half the time in NCAA/Madden they actually convert that 4th and 35 which makes things go from being stupid to just outrageously ridiculous.

# 304 ryan36 @ 05/07/12 10:50 AM
Guys, what does 4th and 35 have to do with the topic? And also, I don't want the ball on the opponents 20 all the time. I'd rather sustain a drive.

# 305 Smoke6 @ 05/07/12 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baller7345
The problem with some of the sites is how if someone comes out and states they play sim and want tips to play sim they often times get berated or it turns into a debate about why sim isn't realistic to begin with. Now I know this doesn't happen in all sites but I've seen plenty of threads where it happens. Its like that on a whole though, if a sim player heads into a lobby or even creates his own lobby and asks for a sim game he is likely going to get some type of verbal abuse thrown at him or the person he plays is going to lie and use tactics that the sim player doesn't want used. Now I know the reverse is true but its still much harder for a sim player to find tips than it is for a freestyle player.

Freestyle players have sites like GGRematch, The Gamer's Lab, etc. While some sites like The Gamer's Lab do try to cater to both facets its much easier for a freestyle player to find informtion on their playstyle. What do sim players have? There is operation but that doesn't have a huge amount tips. Most of the tip sites have more freestyle information than sim information.

Now this is something I'd love to see changed, but it seems to be something that very few higher level sim players with to try and do. I've given everything I have this year on Madden School but still if I made a site and put everything I have posted on MS there it wouldn't be a very good site (even if it does include 3 sim style playbook breakdowns).
I keep reading this and I have to answer to why we dont have tip sites catered to the SIM player...

Its because its "always that any given Sunday" atmosphere when you are playing other SIM players! I have lost to many players that were under skilled, they executed their game plan against me and won like they should have. When I thought he was going up top, he hit me with a drag or a hitch for a few yards. As I adapted to this he took advantage of the fact that I started playing more underneath to where he killed up top and won the game.

Its amazing how something so simple that didnt take so much effort or manipulations of the AI could feel so good playing against even when you lose!

There's really no need for tips and tricks for the SIM community, all the tools we need are already at our disposal and the fun part is trying to find those plays and adjustments in stopping our SIM opponent and dont have to worry about some exploit being played out to death in the game. Im not asking for simplicity but too many of these guys know the limitations that these players have on defense if they're in man or zone when in real life you just cant run the same slant against the same guy all game long with the same results and the defense reacting the same exact way.

A fundamentally sound player can defeat the most creative teams or best teams/players in the game.

If you read about most tip sites tips, most is doing nothing but exploiting the AI instead of playing to the opponents weakness along with his teams individual ratings. We dont have to worry about that!

# 306 Smoke6 @ 05/07/12 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Guys, what does 4th and 35 have to do with the topic? And also, I don't want the ball on the opponents 20 all the time. I'd rather sustain a drive.
Its more about the read and react defense playing out unlike madden 12's where the chances of success on a situation like that are very high.

If read n react is what we think it is, then it really puts the player into a pressure situation and would triple think about going for it or not.

Have you ever played someone where you can feel the emotion of that player just from playing the game online? U can tell they're just not being SIM when a 4th and long arises or a 4th and short and they decide to punt the ball. They're playing it out to put themselves in a better position to try and win the game or comeback.

The other guys dont play with any emotion, that 4th and 35 would fail them while they're down 7 or 14 and they would flat out quit the game. This way we can ensure or hope for longevity while playing and not someone bent on getting as many game splayed in one day as possible!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.