Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

Check out the latest NCAA Football 13 screenshot, featuring Oklahoma vs. West Virginia.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bpac55 @ 05/16/12 08:15 PM
Well I have nothing at add about the equipment that hasn't been said already on here. They haven't touched the DNA facemasks since they put the helmet in the game...A heisman candidate, Geno Smith, is one of MANY players who wears a 2 bar qb facemask with the DNA..the same one Eli Manning wears and IS IN MADDEN.

What I want to know is WHY they omit things and add things. Why in the world did they add the LT facemask that not ONE player has worn in college yet don't add the most popular ones? They are obviously doing something with the equipment just not the right stuff.

Popular today but not in game:
-Revo speed 2 bar qb mask
-DNA 2 bar qb mask
-Revo speed facemask that LaMihcael James wore (3 bar rb robot)
-Restrictor plates...these were in the game and they took them out so we just have a mountain for a neck roll that people haven't worn since 1999
-Cleats, cleats, cleats....sheesh look at the footwear EA.
-Eye black
-Mouth pieces

There is a new Revolution facemask this year too. Will probably be very popular. It is a RB Robot like normal masks. Trent Richardson and a lot of players on the Browns are wearing it.

you can bet that won't be in the game.

# 42 CT Pitbull @ 05/16/12 08:24 PM
i agree totally with the above post involving the trent richardson photo i just wanted to also add that last year they eliminated some of the neckroll/ neck brace equipment..WHY would they do this? Who is making the decision to eliminate equipment that is accually worn by ncaa players? that should never ever happen ..more options EA not less..it is mind boggling to me

# 43 Watson @ 05/16/12 08:28 PM
I thought it was a nice picture. Maybe would have made it my background were I a Sooner.

# 44 Moegames @ 05/16/12 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigturboweeni3
THANK YOU!!!! at least someone on this board actually watches college football. why still show facemasks that no collegiate player even wears??? GET RID OF THEM AND IMPLEMENT WHAT'S CURRENT!!!!! FANS ASK FOR CURRENT UNIFORMS....SO GET THE DAMN FACEMASKS (CURRENT HELMETS) RIGHT! why is this a problem, when madden does it right every year? oh wait, the same damn company!?! just stupid...so friggin stupid
bad hair day or sumthin? Geesh

EDIT: nevermind..someone already showed you the door lol

# 45 mtoo22 @ 05/16/12 11:07 PM
I don't see how you can tell what conference logo that is. Too small for me to see

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II with Tapatalk 2

# 46 Playmakers @ 05/16/12 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3RIS3H
If the gameplay is good and the game is free of any game-breaking bugs then I can overlook things such as socks.

this is what most people were upset about in NCAA 12. there were very few posters on here who stopped playing NCAA 12 because of the lack of updated gear.

# 47 BraveHeart @ 05/17/12 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Check out the latest NCAA Football 13 screenshot, featuring Oklahoma vs. West Virginia.
Is the Defensive lineman's facemask aligned properly? Doesn't look like it from here. Seems like they haven't fixed the Revo Speed facemask issue from last year. If I'm wrong, please somebody let me know, but it looks like the facemask is not connected to the helmet like last year.

# 48 merchant1874 @ 05/17/12 02:40 AM
For the people saying you can overlook this stuff if gameplay is good why should us the consumer who spends vasts amounts of money on these products have to settle for 1 or another?

From the screens we have seen so far it looks like they haven't upgraded this side of the game at all which is unacceptable.
For all it's other faults at least each year madden looks better and better whilst also trying to fix it's gameplay. Not the case with NCAA which regularly looks old and plays badly.

It's also my own damn fault because no matter how poor a product they release each year with 'A new ticker' or 'better blocking' or 'CC that sounds good but isn't and then don't even fix it for next year ' I still buy it due to having to get a college football fix.

# 49 superjames1992 @ 05/17/12 03:48 AM
The graphics were already pretty damn good in NCAA 12, so I can live with them not being very improved for NCAA 13. The big graphical leap of this generation, IMO, was from NCAA 10 to NCAA 11, anyways.

The football size is somewhat problematic, but I honestly hardly ever notice it.

# 50 stoncold32 @ 05/17/12 05:27 AM
The OU on the the helmet looks WAY too small. SMH....they actually had everything right with OU back in NCAA '11

[/center]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

this is what most people were upset about in NCAA 12. there were very few posters on here who stopped playing NCAA 12 because of the lack of updated gear.
Actually, I got rather peeved at the uniforms not getting dirty. It's not the main reason I quit playing but it was icing on the cake. Yes, I know the color unis got dirty, but the white ones didnt, which was dumb.

# 51 CT Pitbull @ 05/17/12 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
I don't see how you can tell what conference logo that is. Too small for me to see

If you cant tell that patch on his chest is a Big East patch both shape and design then a) you dont watch much college football, or b) you need a new computer, or c) you need to look at the screenshot on something other than your phone

wait a minute now ..upon further review i have no idea what that patch is because it seems to be neither the bigeast or big 12 patch unless its a dated version of one of them

# 52 mtoo22 @ 05/17/12 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
If you cant tell that patch on his chest is a Big East patch both shape and design then a) you dont watch much college football, or b) you need a new computer, or c) you need to look at the screenshot on something other than your phone

wait a minute now ..upon further review i have no idea what that patch is because it seems to be neither the bigeast or big 12 patch unless its a dated version of one of them
Looks like the Big 12 logo to me??

Just a footnote. I watch college football every Saturday...

# 53 chi_hawks @ 05/17/12 11:30 AM
This is a joke guys, relax.....its a 12' screenshot. They know how important the following are to us:

Correct Cleats
Correct Socks
Correct Fball size
Correct school colors

There is no way they would implement all of the stuipd stuff they have and not fix something as basic as football size and sock length. No company would ever be as stupid as to release a screenshot which shows absolutely no updgrades to their previous version of the game.

Everyone take a deep breath. They should be releasing the real 13' screenshot with all of the above fixed anyday now.

Right?

# 54 kingsofthevalley @ 05/17/12 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpac55
Well I have nothing at add about the equipment that hasn't been said already on here. They haven't touched the DNA facemasks since they put the helmet in the game...A heisman candidate, Geno Smith, is one of MANY players who wears a 2 bar qb facemask with the DNA..the same one Eli Manning wears and IS IN MADDEN.

What I want to know is WHY they omit things and add things. Why in the world did they add the LT facemask that not ONE player has worn in college yet don't add the most popular ones? They are obviously doing something with the equipment just not the right stuff.

Popular today but not in game:
-Revo speed 2 bar qb mask
-DNA 2 bar qb mask
-Revo speed facemask that LaMihcael James wore (3 bar rb robot)
-Restrictor plates...these were in the game and they took them out so we just have a mountain for a neck roll that people haven't worn since 1999
-Cleats, cleats, cleats....sheesh look at the footwear EA.
-Eye black
-Mouth pieces

There is a new Revolution facemask this year too. Will probably be very popular. It is a RB Robot like normal masks. Trent Richardson and a lot of players on the Browns are wearing it.

you can bet that won't be in the game.
I concur. I was wondering what happened to the restrictor neck plates also. They took the relevant neck braces out and left the 1990s neck brace in?????? That's a real mystery.

I also wonder how difficult it is for the art team to paint eye black onto the player models faces?? Another mystery.

I'm also curious about how difficult it is to have team colored socks as a selection when we already have black, white, and team colored sleeves??? There's a mystery for ya.

What about rendering a mouthpiece?? Is it really difficult to do?? If you guys do render mouth pieces, DONT FORGET THE COLOR SELECTION!!

All of these seemingly small artwork touchups not being done is very mind boggling to say the least.

# 55 St3fN_sTrApS @ 05/17/12 01:11 PM
I haven't gotten excited for a NCAA screenshot, hmm, probably since 2010, when they released the first screenshot for NCAA 11. The game looked rejuvenated and was not a disappointment.

# 56 Aggies7 @ 05/17/12 02:48 PM
What happened to "quick clips Thursday" they advertised last week. I thought EA was release a quick video each Thursday. Not just screen shots.

# 57 cts @ 05/17/12 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
What happened to "quick clips Thursday" they advertised last week. I thought EA was release a quick video each Thursday. Not just screen shots.
I've been stalking around for this, too

# 58 mtoo22 @ 05/17/12 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
I've been stalking around for this, too
Same here. Unfortunate..

# 59 aerovt @ 05/17/12 04:27 PM
judging by this screenshot, I guess those usc song girls were a lot harder for the art dept to make than we thought

...but we still have 3d grass guys!1!!one!!

# 60 superjames1992 @ 05/17/12 05:10 PM
I don't know if that is a Big 12 patch or not, but it is most definitely NOT a Big East patch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.