Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 chi_hawks @ 05/25/12 03:07 PM
EA - lets see a full 8 min qtr CPU vs CPU. LSU vs West Virginia. Heisman difficulty.

# 122 berad88 @ 05/25/12 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks
EA - lets see a full 8 min qtr CPU vs CPU. LSU vs West Virginia. Heisman difficulty.

Which would defeat the purpose because the AI acts more superhuman on that difficulty and not realistic. (without slider adjustments)

# 123 chi_hawks @ 05/25/12 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Which would defeat the purpose because the AI acts more superhuman on that difficulty and not realistic. (without slider adjustments)
Fair thought - what is the next one down. That one then.

Guess I have gotten used to BS Heisman superhuman crap.

# 124 Broncos86 @ 05/25/12 03:54 PM
I liked what I saw. That looks like a fun NCAA game to me.

# 125 berad88 @ 05/25/12 03:55 PM
Quote:
Fair thought - what is the next one down. That one then.

Guess I have gotten used to BS Heisman superhuman crap.
Although now that I think about it in a cpu vs cpu game it probably would be a much better example than human vs cpu regardless of difficulty.

# 126 carnalnirvana @ 05/25/12 04:00 PM
Quote:

no this is exactly what they need to show, to prove that the game will not break its own featured...

if read and react cant work on heisman why am i buying this game...

heisman should lead to more broken tackles or tougher catches not no look catching...

like in shooters i can deal with enemies hearing a pin drop from a mile but it would be stupid if they could shoot through walls

# 127 TheBleedingRed21 @ 05/25/12 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osceola

Why does every video/screenshot I see make me want to cancel my preorder?
Simple... You expect too much sir

# 128 BA2929 @ 05/25/12 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
KU/Georgia Tech game from 2011 comes to mind. Honestly don't think I've ever seen defensive players so out of position like they were in that game.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=312600059
Haha, that game was hilariously awful to watch. I hope KU's DEF is better this year so I can actually compete in NCAA '13.

# 129 Playmakers @ 05/25/12 07:40 PM
Quote:
I would love to see a CPU vs CPU video.....

It doesn't have to be on heisman level as i think you'll see things like broken tackles and QBA look unrealistic.

But i'm not sure EA would do that because if the CPU AI doesn't react accordingly or looks goofy while playing it could bring a negative impact.

That is why i think they limit the the CPU vs CPU videos.

# 130 chi_hawks @ 05/25/12 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
no this is exactly what they need to show, to prove that the game will not break its own featured...

if read and react cant work on heisman why am i buying this game...

heisman should lead to more broken tackles or tougher catches not no look catching...

like in shooters i can deal with enemies hearing a pin drop from a mile but it would be stupid if they could shoot through walls
This is a great point. Anything but heisman and its a joke - but yeah, the DT chasing down the slot receiver does get old.

And yeah, i know, sliders sliders. Just don't think I should have to take my time to fix what the developers should have already.

# 131 KushNstien @ 05/25/12 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osceola

Why does every video/screenshot I see make me want to cancel my preorder?
but did you cancel it yet??

# 132 BA2929 @ 05/25/12 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
In the video game video the DE is almost 5 yards away, never gets anywhere near the backfield and just turns and runs down the line towards the RB.

The DE never gets closer to 5 yards and just blindly follows the RB. In real life if a DE is 5 yards away playing his assignment, whether he bites on a fake to the RB or not, with 5 yards he would see his mistake and not continue to follow the RB.

Again, in the real life videos you show the DE is at least in the backfield somewhat near the RB/QB. In the video game he is 5 yards away and never gets closer. It looks bad.
Expecting a video game guy to react exactly the same way as a real human-being is expecting too much out of a game. No matter how amazing a sports video game is, they'll never be able to 100% accurately represent a real human actually playing the game. Sure, they can get close, but expecting a DE in a video game to read and react to a read-option play nearly identically to a human is expecting too much. I think NCAA got it pretty dang close for a video game. Sure, it isn't 100%, exactly true to real life, but it's as close as we're probably going to get for quite awhile.

# 133 BA2929 @ 05/25/12 10:22 PM
Quote:
i'm not expecting it to be 100% just like real life but you shouldn't be satisfied with something so mediocre like that.

Like someone else said, it's a bang-bang type play where the RB runs upfield. In the game it's no where near a bang-bang play and the RB runs lateral.
So it was similar to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ePa7iwVML8

That DE reacts almost exactly like the video game DE, at least he does imo.

# 134 khaliib @ 05/25/12 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fincane
I'm not saying you're wrong on any of this when the game comes out but all the offensive plays were user controlled in that video. I don't think you can judge whats what when the user really doesn't attempt to make move to shake free. If I misread something then please correct me.
If you edit certain ratings (agility, tackle, etc...) along with tackle slider down, you get some break tackle animations that play out once players enter into a canned tackle. (haven't found the sweet spot to trigger most of the time)

This is with user's also.

Although they marketed breaking within the branched tackle system, it's still canned animations pieced together.

So even as the user, there's a certain point within the animation(s) that we have NO control and ratings/coded animation triggers "Somewhat" still plays out.

I've seen my user controlled player enter into those animations I noted without me trying to branch out of anything.
(not the hurdle, but the spin out (w/out me doing anything), hand on the ground after a tackle spin out)

Ratings are nothing more than animation drivers.

There are many animations we simply don't see play out often enough, but they are there, whether AI or User controlled because the programming forces both to enter and exit the animations the same way.

Just like Speed, Agility/Elusiveness should be one of few ratings that shouldn't matter if player is AI or User controlled.

If the established ratings threshold/code says this animation will happen when player is rated here (ie 90 Agl/Elu), then it should play out no matter who controlls the player.

Along the same lines of the "Scrambling QB" issue that's been suggested for the past 3+ years.

That's all I was trying to say.

# 135 videlsports @ 05/26/12 07:50 AM
If the Demo releases is the time to look more closely at it.

# 136 striker3771 @ 05/26/12 08:44 AM
With all the offense improvements, I'm beginning to think that this year's NCAA game will be like NCAA '09 with the wide open gameplay.

# 137 TheBleedingRed21 @ 05/26/12 11:25 AM
Quote:
or they have bought the game the last few years only to be disappointed like most people and see that this years game looks like last years game with a patch to fix psychic DBs and Super LBs.
I get NCAA every year and still fail to see how you guys say its 12 with a patch for psychic dbs and super lbs, even if the video is not perfect, you can clearly see the new pass trajectories that up the game alone. The very last pass is the biggest example in how it floats over the coverage. I do not see how everyone is bashing the two videos saying its the same game when, yes in most it is the same game (they never said they redid the whole game), it is different in the areas that suffered the most from 2012.

You can not tell me if 2012 had better pass trajectories, no more physic DBs, super LBs, and a few other areas were improved on, it would be a really tremendous game. Well to me, it looks like 2013 has addressed a lot of those issues and makes me anxious to play it myself before I call it the "same" game by seeing videos (in which you can rarely tell how it is played)

# 138 johnnyboi08 @ 05/26/12 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
I get NCAA every year and still fail to see how you guys say its 12 with a patch for psychic dbs and super lbs, even if the video is not perfect, you can clearly see the new pass trajectories that up the game alone. The very last pass is the biggest example in how it floats over the coverage. I do not see how everyone is bashing the two videos saying its the same game when, yes in most it is the same game (they never said they redid the whole game), it is different in the areas that suffered the most from 2012.

You can not tell me if 2012 had better pass trajectories, no more physic DBs, super LBs, and a few other areas were improved on, it would be a really tremendous game. Well to me, it looks like 2013 has addressed a lot of those issues and makes me anxious to play it myself before I call it the "same" game by seeing videos (in which you can rarely tell how it is played)
Yea this a little better, half the playbook last year was useless or you had to hot route to something better. Does anybody know if they finally fixed the hb walk, because they're be 1) no point in playing a game that is still broken online 2) a point to even purchase it. EA talks about adding things every year but can't even get the game to work correctly, so what the point?

# 139 khaliib @ 05/26/12 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7

If you still have a copy of '12, go edit the Jump Rating down to "0" for LB/DB's and you'll see that the ball goes over (trajectory wise) just the same as in the '13 Marketing Vid's.

If you want a more realistic "Arc" on throws, edit QB Throw Power to between 73-83 and there you have it.

The ("0" Jump Rating) + ("73-83" Throw Power) = New NCAA 13 Trajectory!!!

There are other things that need to be done to bring it all together to get "Somewhat" realistic manerism's, but the foundation/build still limits what we can do with the editing functions through our consoles.

Of course we shouldn't have to do all this to accomplish any of this, but we're talking about EA's version of Football here!
(no need to beat this dead horse anymore, it is what it is)

Don't be fooled by the Marketing Hype of something that's already in the game!!!

# 140 berad88 @ 05/26/12 02:08 PM
Quote:
the improvements on this years game that they have showed so far are pretty underwhelming when you consider they are trying to get you to purchase a new game. Hence why i've been saying it looks like NCAA 12.5 or NCAA 12 with a patch to fix a few things.
I agree with rbowers7 and the other 61% of voters in the OS poll that voted that they are either very excited or excited for NCAA 13. It is a yearly release. They are not going to reinvent football in one year. Call it 12.5 if that makes you happy but I will call it 13.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.