Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Check out the new Madden NFL 13 screenshot showing off the new playable zoomed camera. Click the link for a higher resolution image.

Good? Bad? Needs tweaking?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Only1LT @ 05/30/12 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I love it...when I'm on offense. I don't know how I would be able to play it on defense.

Seems like the offense would always have the advantage.

I do think the camera should be zoomed in a little more closer to the QB/line of scrimmage. It's just a bit too far.

But I like this as an option and definitely want to try it out.

For Defense it should be reversed, so that the defense is on the bottom and offense is on top, like Backbreaker.

As for the Offense having the advantage, the Offense always has the advantage in real life too. That's why Defense is so instrumental in winning if you actually are one of the lucky few to have a really good Defense.

# 82 reddogmaddogbul @ 05/30/12 06:57 PM
As jwallace1975 correctly stated earlier

The "dead space" below the QB is necessary for the angle to be playable.
If you pull the camera closer to eliminate that space, then you'll lose more
viewing area to the left and right, which would make it hard to see the
receivers on the outside and would also make it hard to keep an eye on
blitzing cornerbacks before it's too late.

With that said Im hoping that the devs could adjust the screen ;presnap as shown in the images below.

[Image 1.]My favorite

[Image 2]

After the ball is snapped transition the camera view during passing plays so we could see the wideouts " Accordially".As shown below

[During passing plays] "TRANSITION OUT"

This here alone will show off the graphics
,give you that immersion factor that we zoom fans
crave,while sizing the defensive personnel match ups
presnap ;in regards of who to take advantage of, or whom
to steer clear away from/opposing threat.

# 83 roadman @ 05/30/12 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack

And Alex smith holding the ball like that. Find me a qb that holds the ball like that.
Here is one, a future HOF.

# 84 DeuceDouglas @ 05/30/12 09:29 PM
Quote:
And Alex smith holding the ball like that. Find me a qb that holds the ball like that.
Philip Rivers

Matt Cassel

Alex Smith

# 85 roadman @ 05/30/12 11:13 PM
Quote:
All those qbs you posted are holding the ball close to their body. Not out like Smith is doing I'm that picture.
Not Favre, no way. Favre would hold the ball out there, not all the time. Watched him for 16 years, not the most "conventional" QB.

# 86 StickSkillz @ 05/30/12 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwg1267
It dosent matter what kind of zoom you play U guys still are going to play with the same dam teams an then when u do win you think your the greatist of all times. u guys need to learn how to play tha game by useing teams with less good players an show YOUR SKILLS AS A F............ING PLAYER. Thats all i have to say on that. zooms, zones, fakes , dont matter if the D-lines dont come get like NBA 2K Defence dose its not going to be a good game. So see you same team players on line.
Um...... WTH???

# 87 DeuceDouglas @ 05/31/12 02:22 AM
Quote:
All those qbs you posted are holding the ball close to their body. Not out like Smith is doing I'm that picture.

Doesn't look that far out to me.

At least it's not this. lol

# 88 Tyrant8RDFL @ 05/31/12 08:24 AM
This image with the BIlls is beautiful. I love this camera angle. Exactly what I'm looking for when I hear the words Zoomed Camera angle.

# 89 AussieChiefsFan @ 05/31/12 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
This image with the BIlls is beautiful. I love this camera angle. Exactly what I'm looking for when I hear the words Zoomed Camera angle.
Love that angle. Not a great angle for pass plays though. Would probably be best for pre-play and run plays.

# 90 reddogmaddogbul @ 05/31/12 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
You can move the entire screen down and that would give you less grass area. I'd rather see more stadium and sky(at least a super bowl good year blimp,etc,lol) then all that grass behind the qb. IMO moving the players to mid screen looks silly.

Here is a quick example:
current screen

moved up slightly scree(everything not perfect here, just a example)
I do agree with this statement,that the cam should be zoomed in a little closer during passing plays like the pic below;closer than this if possiable.

[Rough Draft]..During passing play

Let us not forget PRESNAP" before the ball is hiked"
; a nice addition would be to zoom the cam in a bit
closer to the players before transitioning the cam out
for the passing play.This here alone will show off
the graphics,give you that immersion factor that
we zoom fans crave,while sizing the defensive
personnel match ups presnap ;in regards of who to
take advantage of, or whom to steer clear away
from/opposing threat.

# 91 Tonester925 @ 05/31/12 06:25 PM
Wow! So all the HATE going against BACKBREAKER and then Madden copies it and now it's getting praised. lol

Blind Madden players. Can't wait to see what else they rip off of Backbreaker.

# 92 TTD71 @ 05/31/12 10:25 PM
A playable, user-defined camera - one that allows you to fully select the depth of focus, the height and zooms of the camera and the way the camera moves - is something that we should have had all along in this generation.

IT WAS ON THE PS2 AS FAR BACK AS MADDEN NFL 2004...AND IT WAS USABLE ONLINE AS WELL AS OFFLINE!

Those Bills-game photos are awfully nice in terms of the zoomed camera - especially for running plays! But I would still need to have more flexibility for passing - something I have always been upset with EA for once upon a time having and then taking it away

# 93 JMD @ 06/01/12 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Camera look allright, but a lot going wrong on the right side of the field.

....What is the RDE/RDT doing, no push.

......What is the ROLB doing, there is no one there bro.

......what is the RCB doing, again, no one there.
You're kidding, Right?

# 94 FinnZzgo @ 06/01/12 04:53 PM
Bring back madden 06 for xbox 360's view it was great for running and was good for passing also , it just need to be tweeked a little. check it out-

# 95 CT Pitbull @ 06/03/12 08:48 PM
i just got done playing a game on madden 12's zoomed camera view to refresh myself on what needed work and i must say i love every angle of this camera view EXCEPT when throwing a pass play ...the run plays are awesome to pick through the line and search for holes..on defense IMO the camera is perfect the way it is

if they could just zoom a little bit further out on pass plays the zoom view would be money

i think they should keep the madden 12 zoom in the game as an optional camera view inmadden 13...just in case the changes they are making are disliked by a lot of people ...the more options the better off you will be EA...just sayin

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.