Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

The NCAA Football 13 demo is out. Post your impressions here.

360 only right now, PS3 will be up later tomorrow!

**Update: PS3 demo is available now.**

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1061 RIP GUTT CAPONE @ 06/25/12 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicks582
Does anyone know if you can turn off the ESPN ticker during a game in the retail version? I like the idea of it a lot, but I have a new plasma and I worry about static images. The actual score bar doesn't worry me as much since that goes away with replays and such.
If your plasma was broken in properly the score bar shouldnt leave a burn-in image. I had a Samsung 600hz 3d plasma and my nephew paused sports center and left the tv on in the basement with the same score bar for at least 12 hours. After i recovered from a panic attack, I powered off the set and then back on and there was absolutely no burn-in or outline of the bar. I suppose if your color, brightness, contrast was maxed out during power sessions of ncaa gaming it could possibly have some burn in but, unlikely, as long as it was broken in. I took the set back due to horrible flickering in 3d, not burn in.

# 1062 Araxen @ 06/25/12 06:07 PM
Barely anything has change in this years version. Sadly I will be skipping it. I prefer NCAA over Madden too so I am bummed that it hasn't received much in the way of updates this year to justify me spending $60 on it. Maybe I'll get Madden this year.

# 1063 msuduo @ 06/25/12 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxen
Barely anything has change in this years version. Sadly I will be skipping it. I prefer NCAA over Madden too so I am bummed that it hasn't received much in the way of updates this year to justify me spending $60 on it. Maybe I'll get Madden this year.
Can you justify $45? Go to Amazon and get it. I had free release day shipping with mine.

# 1064 mrprice33 @ 06/25/12 09:21 PM
Passing is a huge part of the game. It may be 1 bullet point, but it's a huge bullet point.

# 1065 noplace @ 06/26/12 10:27 AM
The more I play the demo the more I get frustrated with the OL/DL interaction and pass rush. Still way too much suction blocking going on. I can see some improvements in the passing game, animations and read reactions but the line play is just atrocious… Graphics look meh especially the crowd, CPU AI is either too dumb or psychic and the commentary is boring as ever.. Damn I wish they would have just gotten the small things fixed. We’ve been asking for these improvements for years. Add that I see no evidence of any equipment updates this is a major letdown.

# 1066 mwjr @ 06/26/12 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QB Killa
And by the way, I've been playing this game since it was first branded under Bill Walsh's name in 95. So your comment about a "passion for hating NCAA" is mute.
Please look up the definition of that word. It does not mean what you think it means.

Now...regarding the accelerated clock: why does NCAA even include one at all? What's the purpose? It has always driven me crazy.

# 1067 Matsmashed @ 06/26/12 02:43 PM
I'm really enjoying the demo, it is actually my first foray in the NCAA series, I'm usually a Madden guy but I will defo pick this up. Everyone is complaining about the looks on the ps3 demo but surely that is because it's compressed to give us so much content? Most demos don't look great!

# 1068 joeblackis @ 06/27/12 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
The more I play the demo the more I get frustrated with the OL/DL interaction and pass rush. Still way too much suction blocking going on. I can see some improvements in the passing game, animations and read reactions but the line play is just atrocious… Graphics look meh especially the crowd, CPU AI is either too dumb or psychic and the commentary is boring as ever.. Damn I wish they would have just gotten the small things fixed. We’ve been asking for these improvements for years. Add that I see no evidence of any equipment updates this is a major letdown.
The crowd looks AWFUL. And the normal graphics are looking really crappy as well. We wont see any improvements until the next gen systems come out again in 2 years.. Thats the only time EA actually puts any major time into making their games. Then just rehases them for the next 6+ years.

# 1069 lowndsy @ 06/27/12 03:12 AM
Bit worried about int's as I played game with USC on auto pass as i am useless QB number 7 as we call him threw 2 awful unnecessary int's. Still getting game tho.

# 1070 jenglund @ 06/27/12 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
Seeing some AWESOME catch animations! Love it
Honestly, my favorite thing is to watch the receivers catch crossing patterns IN STRIDE and just keep running. I never realized how much the previous versions added a little hitch to the animation to let the DB catch up.

# 1071 Madwolf @ 06/27/12 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenglund
Honestly, my favorite thing is to watch the receivers catch crossing patterns IN STRIDE and just keep running. I never realized how much the previous versions added a little hitch to the animation to let the DB catch up.
Oh yea, and its such a great feeling to ve rid of that. It makes your play making ability feel a lot more open than before once you get the ball in your receivers hands.

# 1072 Ramminyou @ 06/29/12 09:28 AM
Quote:
Lol....I know exactly what it means. Maybe YOU should look it up so you will understand how the word works perfectly with my original statement. Better hurry up....the short bus is leaving! Don't want you to be late for summer school.
Are you sure you didn't mean "moot"?

# 1073 TDenverFan @ 06/29/12 09:36 AM
Quote:
Lol....I know exactly what it means. Maybe YOU should look it up so you will understand how the word works perfectly with my original statement. Better hurry up....the short bus is leaving! Don't want you to be late for summer school.
Mute means temporarily held speechless, muffle, or someone who lacks the ability to speak. None of those make sense in your sentence. And watch your insults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
Are you sure you didn't mean "moot"?
Mute makes much more sense.
Edit: Typo. I mean moot makes much more sense.

# 1074 Ramminyou @ 06/29/12 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Mute means temporarily held speechless, muffle, or someone who lacks the ability to speak. None of those make sense in your sentence. And watch your insults.

Mute makes much more sense.
I'm not going to get into a semantics debate on this forum, but trying to use the term "moot" in that context makes far more sense than saying his comment is silent or without the capability of speech.

# 1075 TDenverFan @ 06/29/12 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
I'm not going to get into a semantics debate on this forum, but trying to use the term "moot" in that context makes far more sense than saying his comment is silent or without the capability of speech.
Typo. I meant makes more sense.

# 1076 Ramminyou @ 06/29/12 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugzU
One of the definitions of "mute" is dumb. Which makes perfect sense going back to when the poster used it in the original post. The people that are now challenging the proper use of the word need to "catch up" on their vocab.
You cannot be serious. It does not mean dumb in that sense. He was clearly trying to say it was a "moot point".

# 1077 TDenverFan @ 06/29/12 12:24 PM
I think that's backwords. Dumb can be used to describe someone who is mute (although it is an outdated use of the word, and is now quite rude), but mute does not mean dumb.

In regards to the demo, does anyone know if the game has been updated at all since the demo dropped? Is the demo an earlier build?

# 1078 Equinox831 @ 06/29/12 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
In regards to the demo, does anyone know if the game has been updated at all since the demo dropped? Is the demo an earlier build?
Wow this thread got derailed. The final build will probably be a lot different. Last year the demo and the final product were really different and it came out way later then the one this year so we might see and feel some drastic differences.

# 1079 Equinox831 @ 06/29/12 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugzU
I guess that makes the demo "mute".
Seriously? I would hate to see this thread get closed over the definition of the word mute.. Keep it on topic guys.

# 1080 TDenverFan @ 06/29/12 03:24 PM
I'm worried I'm overplaying the demo and the real game will get stale. Gameplay is so much better, and this is with default sliders.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.