Home
News Post

The penalties are in. In what was unprecedented and swift action against Penn State University (which Penn State fully agreed with), the NCAA did the following:

• Four Year Postseason Ban
  • Reduced Scholarships to 65 total over the next four years -- making Penn State a functional FCS team.
  • $60 million fine, or one year gross revenue from the football program.
  • Any player can freely transfer to another school without penalty.
  • All wins vacated from 1998 to 2011.
So what do you think? Did the NCAA go far enough in their penalties against Penn State?

Sound off!

Member Comments
# 741 bkrich83 @ 07/31/12 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell8
Yea we did we raised about 10 million dollars for child cancer research, we raised money for child abuse victims and still do plus the thon students give children with cancer hope.

But go ahead and dismiss all that. That's fine we don't need you to believe we do good things to do good things.
Yeah Penn State has been a shining light when it comes to children. Which again, explains the situation you're now in.

# 742 letsgopens66 @ 07/31/12 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
So you stick by yout statement that of course PSU fans care more about the victims than football? You'd say the fan base has behaved admirably?
Yes. And, for the most part, yes.

# 743 bkrich83 @ 07/31/12 10:04 PM
Quote:
So 4 people made this situation. I can't change that but to dismiss all the good we have done is ignorant and insulting.
Yup it was just those 4 people. Yes, I am the ignorant one.

# 744 bkrich83 @ 07/31/12 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgopens66
Yes. And, for the most part, yes.
We'll have to disagree on that one. I wouldn't expect you to say otherwise, but it's your opinion you're obviously entitled to it.

# 745 bkrich83 @ 07/31/12 10:09 PM
Quote:
Ok so it may have been like 7 or so but we have 96,000 students and 500,000 alumni and I don't even know how many faculty. You are ignorant to the fact that overall penn state has always done good.
Yup they've always done good, and I am ignorant and a h a t e r . Got it.

Your posts speak for themselves in this thread don't they?

# 746 OSUFan_88 @ 07/31/12 10:09 PM
Quote:
Ok so it may have been like 7 or so but we have 96,000 students and 500,000 alumni and I don't even know how many faculty. You are ignorant to the fact that overall penn state has always done good.
Just curious, but were those guys in leadership positions at Penn State?

# 747 bkrich83 @ 07/31/12 10:10 PM
Quote:
Insulting intelligence. Also cute.
Really? Who's been doing that? Read those last few posts you 'liked'.

Guess it's ok when defending PSU right?

# 748 letsgopens66 @ 07/31/12 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Just curious, but were those guys in leadership positions at Penn State?
They were. But we are more talking about what the students have done. No one is defending the leaders.

# 749 Sportsforever @ 07/31/12 10:11 PM
I have stayed out of this thread, but I have followed it. Letspens/Maxwell, I have to say, you persistence about all the things PSU has done makes it seem like you've missed the point.

There is nothing that can be done, nothing that can be said. PSU could have produced the cure for cancer and it still wouldn't wipe out the fact that a culture that idolized it's coach and football program allowed (for at least 14 years!) a monster to roam free on campus and destroy young men's lives.

Do I think that all of PSU's alumni/fan base are out of touch? No, not at all. I do think a large number of them though have lost perspective based on the nonsense I saw on TV when Paterno was dismissed and the fallout in the last several months. That isn't an attack on either of you, but I hope you understand that really the only way to handle this is acknowledge how awful it was/is and try to move on.

# 750 bkrich83 @ 07/31/12 10:11 PM
Quote:
You know they were. How many times do our leaders let us down?
Did you buy your shirt yet? The one you deemed funny?

# 751 letsgopens66 @ 07/31/12 10:11 PM
Quote:
Yup they've always done good, and I am ignorant and a h a t e r . Got it.

Your posts speak for themselves in this thread don't they?
Not even sure what you're talking about. Are we talking about the students or leaders?

# 752 bkrich83 @ 07/31/12 10:13 PM
Quote:
Not even sure what you're talking about. Are we talking about the students or leaders?
The institution which is what your buddy was referring to I believe.

# 753 OSUFan_88 @ 07/31/12 10:13 PM
Quote:
You know they were. How many times do our leaders let us down?
Whether they let us down or not, people in leadership represent the university. When they fail, the university fails.

# 754 letsgopens66 @ 07/31/12 10:13 PM
Quote:
Really? Who's been doing that? Read those last few posts you 'liked'.

Guess it's ok when defending PSU right?
I haven't said anything regarding your intelligence. I've just agreed with parts of his post. A like isn't a total endorsement.

# 755 bkrich83 @ 07/31/12 10:14 PM
Quote:
I haven't said anything regarding your intelligence. I've just agreed with parts of his post. A like isn't a total endorsement.
Yeah, I am sure that was it.

# 756 bkrich83 @ 07/31/12 10:16 PM
Quote:
You just keep dismissing all the good we do. I have said in this that the victims should be put first but you don't care what I say as long as you stay on agenda.
What agenda would that be again? What is my endgame here if I have an agenda?

Unfortunately a lot of that good gets erased when you enable a child molester to continue wrecking lives for a decade and a half.

# 757 letsgopens66 @ 07/31/12 10:17 PM
Quote:
What agenda would that be again? What is my endgame here if I have an agenda?

Unfortunately a lot of that good gets erased when you enable a child molester to continue wrecking lives for a decade and a half.
So... The vigil, blue out, fundraising mean nothing? Disregard the good, but certainly point out the bad... Makes sense.

# 758 OSUFan_88 @ 07/31/12 10:19 PM
Quote:
So... The vigil, blue out, fundraising mean nothing? Disregard the good, but certainly point out the bad... Makes sense.
The point is that the good you do after the fact doesn't change the bad by ignoring the Cleary act and allowing children to be raped on campus.

# 759 bkrich83 @ 07/31/12 10:19 PM
Quote:
So those erase the actions that got them here?
Yeah that makes sense.

# 760 bkrich83 @ 07/31/12 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
The point is that the good you do after the fact doesn't change the bad by ignoring the Cleary act and allowing children to be raped on campus.

Exactly my point.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.