Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Trey Wingo takes you behind the scenes of Madden NFL 13's all new Connected Careers with designer Josh Looman.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Skyboxer @ 07/23/12 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
I never said that it could be a fast process.
Well If that wasnt your thought process then I dont see where the issue is. I'm assuming you can boost the players (qb accuracy) as much as you want over the years if you gain enough XP and eventually due to age etc.. He would start to decline naturally.
If attaining good amounts of XP is a long process you'd want to spread the XP over different players I would think so that also hampers the amount of raising someones abilities... Unless of course if you just focus on one player the whole time.

# 22 blood9585 @ 07/23/12 11:24 PM
If multi-player season/fantasy draft/player editing was in I think everyone would be at least content. A lot of innovative ideas here, and potential. Really going to miss my favorite thing in Madden which was online fantasy draft leagues. Hopefully the potential turns into more solid features...

# 23 Skyboxer @ 07/23/12 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
What are you talking about? You can play as many seasons as you like (cut off is probably 30 like years past)

CCM sounds so awesome. Can't wait to try it out. I hope we get demo info soon.
Unless he's talking about co-op I don't know.

# 24 SteelerSpartan @ 07/23/12 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Its been said many, many times that after you quit playing as a certain created player, they retire and are no able to be used.
Which begs the question will we ever see the Create-A-Player like we had in the game ever again.....

If we don't, then you can forget about coming on here and getting updated Rosters after the FA/Draft to get you through the dog days of summer....

I don't know about anyone else but that brings down the value I place on the game.

# 25 Skyboxer @ 07/23/12 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Which begs the question will we ever see the Create-A-Player like we had in the game ever again.....

If we don't, then you can forget about coming on here and getting updated Rosters after the FA/Draft to get you through the dog days of summer....

I don't know about anyone else but that brings down the value I place on the game.

Holefully they do add it back for those that want it but for me once I start my franchise I don't need updated rosters as I'm already in my NFL world and not then real one. Again though I hope they bring it back soon.

# 26 joloy29 @ 07/23/12 11:36 PM
Quote:

Whilst that is a good point, I think the main thing EA were trying to accomplish was continuity of the franchise/superstar mode. I would bet that everyone on here plays 2 seasons tops, then starts a new one with updated rosters, and repeat. However with this new mode, it's hoping that most people will continue their franchise over 5+ years, which sort of gets rid of the need to continually update the rosters IMO.

# 27 TreFacTor @ 07/23/12 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joloy29
which sort of gets rid of the need to continually update the rosters IMO.
It certainly makes sure you need to buy the next madden if you do want updated rosters after the final official EA roster...what are people to do between the last roster update and the release of the next game? What do they do when FA starts and the draft rolls around? Wait don't answer because I think I know how your going to reply...

# 28 joloy29 @ 07/23/12 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
It certainly makes sure you need to buy the next madden if you do want updated rosters after the final official EA roster...what are people to do between the last roster update and the release of the next game? What do they do when FA starts and the draft rolls around? Wait don't answer because I think I know how your going to reply...
I'm personally hoping to be hooked into my own franchise with my mates that I won't care about any updated rosters/free agents - as I'll have my own free agents to sign! Maybe it's just me, but playing with a group of friends over a few different seasons is pretty exciting concept.

# 29 TreFacTor @ 07/23/12 11:55 PM
Quote:
I'm personally hoping to be hooked into my own franchise with my mates that I won't care about any updated rosters/free agents - as I'll have my own free agents to sign! Maybe it's just me, but playing with a group of friends over a few different seasons is pretty exciting concept.
Quote:
Wait don't answer because I think I know how your going to reply...
guess you missed this part of my post.

# 30 joloy29 @ 07/23/12 11:58 PM
Quote:
guess you missed this part of my post.
Saw it, thought I'd offer my opinion regardless

# 31 SteelerSpartan @ 07/24/12 12:10 AM
Quote:
Whilst that is a good point, I think the main thing EA were trying to accomplish was continuity of the franchise/superstar mode. I would bet that everyone on here plays 2 seasons tops, then starts a new one with updated rosters, and repeat. However with this new mode, it's hoping that most people will continue their franchise over 5+ years, which sort of gets rid of the need to continually update the rosters IMO.
Wish I didn't care but Im like a crack addict when it comes to my control over rosters

I can play around with fake rosters for a while but I always want the most up to date set I can get my hands on and then rate them how I see it

# 32 Skyboxer @ 07/24/12 12:14 AM
Quote:
Seeing how you aren't getting Madden 13 anyways just wait until we get details of Madden 14 and hopefully they have editing back in.

# 33 TreFacTor @ 07/24/12 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Seeing how you aren't getting Madden 13 anyways just wait until we get details of Madden 14 and hopefully they have editing back in.
Who said I wouldn't get the game? I didn't...

# 34 joloy29 @ 07/24/12 12:25 AM
Quote:
Wish I didn't care but Im like a crack addict when it comes to my control over rosters

I can play around with fake rosters for a while but I always want the most up to date set I can get my hands on and then rate them how I see it
I can understand that given you're a Steelers fan. However as a Bengals supporter I want to get as far away from the real life roster as possible

# 35 Skyboxer @ 07/24/12 12:28 AM
Quote:
Who said I wouldn't get the game? I didn't...
Actually you did...
You voted "Not This Year" in the Are You Buying Madden or Not" poll.
Either way I know Madden 13 has some things left out but it's the first one in a good while I'm excited for. Hopefully only gets better from here.

# 36 SteelerSpartan @ 07/24/12 12:29 AM
Quote:
I can understand that given you're a Steelers fan. However as a Bengals supporter I want to get as far away from the real life roster as possible
True I never thought of it that way...

# 37 TreFacTor @ 07/24/12 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Actually you did...
You voted "Not This Year" in the Are You Buying Madden or Not" poll.
Either way I know Madden 13 has some things left out but it's the first one in a good while I'm excited for. Hopefully only gets better from here.
Another example of misleading polls it didn't have a new or used option.

# 38 Skyboxer @ 07/24/12 12:42 AM
Quote:
Another example of misleading polls it didn't have a new or used option.
There was a wait and see and a rent only option also. Buying used is still buying. It didn't ask "are you buying New it asked "are you getting Madden this year".
It's all good. Let's just hope Madden from here on out, advances the genre and gets better each year.

# 39 Bull_Dozer @ 07/24/12 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
So to all those that complain about the 1 year dev cycle.... watch it. CC is more like 2-4 year dev cycle at this point.
No editing of players is a deal breaker for me. I'll wait till they add it back in before I buy Madden again. But it looks like they are laying the foundation of something that could be really cool in the future.

# 40 moneal2001 @ 07/24/12 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Fos
Tiburon is the "team" and thats side stepping my point, if they can dedicate a team to gamemodes and get that "right", they should do the same for gameplay and get that "right". They havent been too proactive in fixing gameplay issues. Like DTs pancaking the Oline on the regular, Like the leagues elite DEs playing paddycake, instead of forcing the Qb to step up into the pocket, and thats just a few issues off the top of my head.
no there was no side stepping. in all projects major game projects there are multiple teams. just look at victor lugo's title, gameplay designer, and Josh Looman's titles Senior designer and Lead MUT designer, the game modes team works on different things that then gameplay team. you were complaining about them focusing on game modes and it being a detriment to the gameplay. yet there is no correlation since they each focus on different things. if you wanna complain about the gameplay issues, which i am with you on, that's fine but to say CC or other game modes are the cause of that just doesn't make sense.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.