Home
NHL 13 News Post

Puck Daddy has posted the NHL 13 team and player ratings for the Western Conference.

In case you missed them.
Quote:
How are the NHL 13 player ratings different from NHL 12?

EA: Last year, overall ratings reflected a player's effectiveness based on their player type (ex. Sniper, Enforcer, Grinder, etc.). NHL 13 Overall ratings are based on a player's overall skill based on their position.

Why the change?

EA: It was a fan-requested change that ensured that overall ratings were more representative of a players skill level in real life. A players who is 90+ will feel drastically different than one who is rated 65.

Examples: NHL 12 Parros was an 81 as his rating was based on his player type — enforcer, meaning that he was an above average enforcer. In NHL 13 Parros is an 69 overall based on his skill level as a forward. Chris Neil was an 82 (Grinder) last year, this year he's a 78. With this new overall ratings system, his rating didn't drop as significantly as Parros because he's still a skilled player who can check and score effectively.

For team ratings:

"We changed the team overalls for continuity. If you look at our 'potential' rating system and how we break down the each of the six skill ratings, it is all star based and we wanted to be consistent."

Your thoughts?

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Simple Mathematics @ 08/20/12 11:20 AM
Puckhead is going to fix the ratings. He just needs our help. Check out his thread in the Rosters section.

As for the ratings themselves... jeez!!!

# 22 canucksss @ 08/20/12 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
Puckhead is going to fix the ratings. He just needs our help. Check out his thread in the Rosters section.

As for the ratings themselves... jeez!!!
is he doing for PS3 only or both?

# 23 DJ @ 08/20/12 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser
For the Colorado Avalanche EA has Mark Olver as the 3rd highest rated forward. Higher than Landeskog. Higher than Parenteau. Higher than Jones. Higher than O'Reilly.

Really? Mark freaking Olver?

Pathetic!
Unless I'm looking at something different, Landeskog is an 82 and Olver a 73.

Stastny is overrated at 85, same thing with Duchene, who missed most of the last season with injuries.

Landeskog and O'Reilly should be the two-highest rated offensive players. Giguere at 76 is a joke. He played much better than that last year. He didn't play much the last month b/c Varly was hot, but in the middle of the season, it was Giguere that kept the Avs in a lot of games, and thus, the playoff race.

# 24 puckhead73 @ 08/20/12 02:24 PM
I only have a PS3, but am asking for as much help as possible. I will compile it all for PS3 but need someone to do it on the 360 side. If we get someone to cover that, 360 will be included. So if any of you are interested in contributing to your teams ratings, please please please pm me or sign up in the roster thread! Thanks!

# 25 bwiggy33 @ 08/20/12 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
I haven't posted in an while...

but I just wanna say.

Look, I know Brian Elliott doesn't have a whole lot of credibility yet in net, but a rating of 80 is just downright insulting. He led the NHL in SV% and GAA for most of last season, where he ended up I haven't checked...but I'd say he at least deserves an 84...and Halak at 85??? 88 seems more appropriate.

I never trust the ratings anyhow, so its almost a moot point to say they suck...cause well, they always do. Its like saying the sky is blue.

EDIT: He led the league in both GAA (1.56) and SV% (.940)...and thats good for an 80. Puhhhhllllllleeeeeeezzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeee.
Ya that's good for an 80 I'd say. Do you realize Elliott played only 39 games last year? What'd he do in the playoffs vs. the Kings? Oh he only let up 14 goals in 4 games. That's the guy who led in GAA and Save % in the regular season. You can have the best GAA and Save % for 39 games because your body isn't banged up and your not playing the best teams in the league consistently on a night to night basis. Sure it's a great achievement but start talking to me when he's leading the league playing 65 games a year. That's the true test of what a top goalie is.

I'm in no way backing up EA's ratings because they are pretty sad at times, but why do people consistently keep bashing the ratings without looking at what a player has done their entire career, injuries, and their age. All of these factors come into play with ratings. I'll also say once again that people who keep looking at OVR are absolutely clueless on ratings. OVR doesn't mean anything. It's about what the players abilities are. If a player is extremely good at offense and poor at defense, those defensive ratings are going to dramatically lower the OVR of the player. It doesn't mean he's underrated by any means. It means his ratings just even out because of the fact one part of their game is way better than another part.

Another major problem is people just look at forwards and if they get points or not. Not all forwards in the NHL are required to put up point totals. Their jobs are to stop the oppositions top lines, win faceoffs, kill penalties, etc. You may see a guy who doesn't put up many points rated an 80, but that's because he's so good with the other intangibles (defense, faceoffs, etc.) of the game that his OVR makes him look way overrated. People keep trying to compare these guys who are young and put up good point totals with these 3rd and 4th line guys that have established defensive forward careers. That's an absolutely terrible comparison. Just my opinion on all of this. I know people will still keep complaining but to me it's just not logical for people to until the game comes out and people see each players individual attribute ratings.

At any rate the beauty of it all is if you hate the ratings, you have the ability to change them.

# 26 Reiny09 @ 08/21/12 02:40 AM
Definitely give this a read before more complaints about the overall ratings. Might at least make the ratings we've seen a little bit easier to stomach for a lot of you out there.

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/art...player-ratings

# 27 bwiggy33 @ 08/21/12 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiny09
Definitely give this a read before more complaints about the overall ratings. Might at least make the ratings we've seen a little bit easier to stomach for a lot of you out there.

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/art...player-ratings
Thank you for that link. 100% to a tee of what I have been stressing ever since these ratings came out.

The different attributes are the ratings that give each player their own uniqueness. If you just assigned a player an 83 they would be good in all aspects when really in real life they are a player who is either completely defensive, or completely offensive. The individual attributes are what create player separation. I really hope that distinction can be seen a lot more this year.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.