Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

It looks like NBA Live 13 is coming out as a digital release after all and not a full on $60 AAA title if the report from IRB Gamer today is to be believed. This seems a pretty big admission that Live simply isn't ready for prime-time obviously, which also obviously seems to be the case. What a mess.

IRB Gamer has the scoop:

Quote:
"It’s been almost 3 years since we’ve released an NBA title,” the EA rep said. The tactic is to get feedback from gamers. However, it’s a bit risky to not run it as the AAA title as thedecision has been made to NOT put the game on disc.

Live will be looking at a price point around $19.99
,” equaling out to 1600 Microsoft Points or $20 PlayStation Network card.

What do you guys think? Smart decision by EA? Does this mean Live isn't up to par quality wise?

Sound off!

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 JBCAROLINAKID @ 08/30/12 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
Sad thing is people will buy because it is $20.
Why pay anything for messy gameplay and very limited enjoyment.
Please people dont buy it...hurt them at their bottom line (although i dont want anyone to lose their jobs)

Maybe some people over there need to lose their job because they sure as h**l haven't been doing it for a while! Three years we've been waiting for this game, which by the way they hyped a while back like crazy, and ever since E3 and people who saw the game said it was complete garbage they have been MIA. I don't like people losing there job either but the people they have in charge apparently don't have a clue and somebody needs to be held accountable.

# 22 jhawk826 @ 08/30/12 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by addybojangles
How is this a bad idea?

They're not charging a full price. And if they're serious about garnering feedback from players, isn't this kind of neat that we could have a possiblility of getting a really awesome Live next year?
Why should we pay to give feedback though? **** a possibility of having a "really awesome" Live next year. EA had TWO YEARS of development time to put a game together. Two. There is no excuse for a downloadable title when you've had that much time. They've really dropped the ball this time. Give up the FIBA and ESPN licenses to 2K so that they can fully maximize its potential. Where's the accountability at EA? Someone has to take responsibility for this.

# 23 mymannemcee @ 08/30/12 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
LOL at some of these negative responses. I swear the internet is mostly negative people. Anyway, as I said in the other thread, I'm thrilled that I only have to pay $20 to play an NBA game this year, that's pretty sweet. I'm also excited about playing the game and giving EA as much feedback as I possibly can. I hope it sells well and next year we get the full AAA title.
Honest question. I really don't mean to be rude or a troll or anything.

...do you really think EA will listen to you?

# 24 AMYO @ 08/30/12 08:04 PM
Lmao ea ****s the bed again better start wrapping it in plastic

# 25 DubTrey1 @ 08/30/12 08:04 PM
This release will only hurt the already horrid state the game is in. 20$ is the only way I assume they will attempt to re-coop losses that this title has already put on them. Man, EA - why dont you go ahead and let the Frostbite devs have a go at this one? Why not at this point, everything else is going to that you have... what a hot mess.

# 26 liberaluser @ 08/30/12 08:04 PM
Quote:
LOL at some of these negative responses. I swear the internet is mostly negative people. Anyway, as I said in the other thread, I'm thrilled that I only have to pay $20 to play an NBA game this year, that's pretty sweet. I'm also excited about playing the game and giving EA as much feedback as I possibly can. I hope it sells well and next year we get the full AAA title.
That's the most expensive roster update I've ever seen. Otherwise might as well pop in an old copy of Live, you'd get about the same experience.

# 27 fluent2332 @ 08/30/12 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I'm "moonwalking" because I'm not overly negative like the rest of you, and can see the bright side of things at all times? Okay. Right on. I'd rather moonwalk all day like the great MJ than have a mindset like you or any of your buddies.

# 28 michfan16 @ 08/30/12 08:06 PM
ill only buy if it looks lightyears better than the original vide

# 29 fluent2332 @ 08/30/12 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymannemcee
Honest question. I really don't mean to be rude or a troll or anything.

...do you really think EA will listen to you?
Sure, why wouldn't they? I can provide a lot of valuable feedback. I'm a great analytical person but I also appreciate what goes into making a game, and I can understand the "big picture" of gaming and what to expect in a basketball game. Why wouldn't they listen? I've already messaged the EA community manager and I expect to message him plenty of hands-on feedback once I have played the game for awhile. It will then be in their hands whether or not they listen, but if the feedback is valuable, I imagine they will listen.

# 30 nova91 @ 08/30/12 08:07 PM
If I didn't have 1600+ unused MS points just sitting on my XBL account I sure as hell wouldn't spend my money on buying them to get a demo, which is pretty much what this is, a 20$ demo.

# 31 magicman32 @ 08/30/12 08:12 PM
So after 2 years they are releasing a game for $20 and it's only downloadable? SMH. How is it after all this time to come up with quality, you still aren't ready for prime time?

This can't be good in regards to their relationship with the NBA. Also they are just wasting the ESPN license(in regards to basketball). All I know is they still better have a demo.

# 32 bigeastbumrush @ 08/30/12 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC

Any word on there being a demo?

If there's not a demo...I won't be touching this game in any way, shape, or form. If I want to play an EA basketball game I'll go play NBA Jam.
That is the demo...

Quote:
I'm "moonwalking" because I'm not overly negative like the rest of you, and can see the bright side of things at all times? Okay. Right on. I'd rather moonwalk all day like the great MJ than have a mindset like you or any of your buddies.
Not my buddies. They have minds of their own.
You have the right to feel the way you want to.

I'm just calling it how I see it.

# 33 noshun @ 08/30/12 08:16 PM
Quote:
This game wont do Facebreaker numbers.... which was a combined 52k. The suits will see the huge disparity in sales between this and 2k13, and its all over.

# 34 exposedaking @ 08/30/12 08:18 PM
XBL Arcade games have trial versions, so you can try before you buy.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

# 35 RayRay34 @ 08/30/12 08:19 PM
I am not shocked. I will also say that almost 3 years of work for a DL title is a terrible move on EA's part. Lastly I will put money on the fact that what we saw in the video is actual gameplay.

# 36 swac07 @ 08/30/12 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric

It looks like NBA Live 13 is coming out as a digital release after all and not a full on $60 AAA title if the report from IRB Gamer today is to be believed. This seems a pretty big admission that Live simply isn't ready for prime-time obviously, which also obviously seems to be the case. What a mess.

IRB Gamer has the scoop:

What do you guys think? Smart decision by EA? Does this mean Live isn't up to par quality wise?

Sound off!

Can I say that I'm not surprised....its just funny to me

# 37 Victory23 @ 08/30/12 08:19 PM
Most arcade games have the "Free Trial" option. This one will probably let you play as the Heat and/or Thunder.

# 38 liberaluser @ 08/30/12 08:19 PM
I have never paid $20 for any arcade title on Xbox Live, $15 max with add-on content later.

How does EA justify charging $5 more than the maximum for a work in progress that isn't even on disc?

# 39 JBCAROLINAKID @ 08/30/12 08:20 PM
They would have been better off just updating the rosters on live 10 and not bothered wasting their time on something they obviously have no clue about. I hope they leave the live 10 servers up because i won't be paying for this pathetic excuse for a game.

# 40 nova91 @ 08/30/12 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
I am not shocked. I will also say that almost 3 years of work for a DL title is a terrible move on EA's part. Lastly I will put money on the fact that what we saw in the video is actual gameplay.
Most likely, "pre-alpha" my a**.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.