Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 301 agreene7 @ 09/08/12 03:54 PM
this video makes me really excited. the only thing i didn't like in the video was the lack of emotion from when alley-oops were being thrown even though they didn't connect. It would be nice if they even acknowledged the attempt.

# 302 jersez @ 09/08/12 03:57 PM
I don't think that was shot clock cheese, because of this
1.Chalmers contested the shot late
2. Steve Nash shot the ball, at a realistic distance.
3. Steve Nash is a great 3 point shooter.

I don't think the shot clock cheese falls under, cheese. Cheese is a exploit that can not be countered or a exploit that works all the time(spin dunks). NBA players hit shots with a hand in their face almost all the time. When I play the cpu, out of 5 times the cpu will hit a shot in their face, about 2 times. I'm okay with that. That's just my opinion, and I doubt most of you will agree with me.

# 303 NowAndLaterCARZ @ 09/08/12 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKB2324
Still haven't fixed crowd eh? Still cheering at tip off for no reason most if not all the ppl in the crowd should be seated until the home team scores or makes a great play...not cheer recklessly for no reason at all
yea in miami most of the fans don't arrive until the middle or end of the 1st qtr, but in OKC their fans dont sit down until they score their 1st bucket.

# 304 SouthBeach @ 09/08/12 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKB2324
Still haven't fixed crowd eh? Still cheering at tip off for no reason most if not all the ppl in the crowd should be seated until the home team scores or makes a great play...not cheer recklessly for no reason at all
That holds true for New Orleans, OKC, and maybe a couple other teams.

Miami doesn't have a "stand until we score" routine.

I agree with the other thing you said though.

# 305 NBASLAM2001 @ 09/08/12 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
I must say that I could stand to hear some new voices in the booth. These are the elements that cause the game to feel the same from year to year. The in-stadium immersion needs some freshness added to it....
Taking away Kellogg and keeping Kerr with additional in-depth commentary would be fine with me. Booth is too crowded.

# 306 ekferio @ 09/08/12 06:49 PM
I like the animations, they are a lot smoother and quicker to pull off. 2k12 felt sluggish at times. I'd like to see more bounce passes though. Lebron's face and size of his body seem off, last year's look a bit better.

# 307 ekferio @ 09/08/12 07:01 PM
at about 3:41, doesn't it look like Wade took a couple of extra big steps doing the spin moves? looks like traveling

# 308 sirjam @ 09/08/12 07:24 PM
I am disappointed in the lack of spacing still. Idk about this one yet.

# 309 amedawg00 @ 09/08/12 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
I am disappointed in the lack of spacing still. Idk about this one yet.
At first, I felt the same dissapointment about the spacing; but its nothing a a tweak here or a tweak there of the stadium broadcast camera angle can't ameliorate. Zooming out a tad bit should help with the spacing imo.

# 310 BlackRome @ 09/08/12 07:29 PM
It's 2012. How are you still playing on the side view. They have a 2k camera. It's what made the game with the original release. . It lets you see the game as if your on the court. You know. Like when your really on the court.

If you notice every time down the court they run to the bottom of the screen. I just love to see that when I'm playing online. I usually can tell within a minute if your on the side view. Then it's curtains.

Does anyone play Madden on the side view. Do you play MLB as if your on the field.

Those old NBA Live habits are hard to kill.

# 311 Scruffychicken @ 09/08/12 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
It's 2012. How are you still playing on the side view. They have a 2k camera. It's what made the game with the original release. . It lets you see the game as if your on the court. You know. Like when your really on the court.

If you notice every time down the court they run to the bottom of the screen. I just love to see that when I'm playing online. I usually can tell within a minute if your on the side view. Then it's curtains.

Does anyone play Madden on the side view. Do you play MLB as if your on the field.

I like Broadcast because it adds to the realism of watching an actual NBA game on TV...

# 312 ParisB @ 09/08/12 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome

Hint: because people like playing that way

# 313 Goffs @ 09/08/12 07:48 PM
It's also an option...its not like you're locked on broadcast cam....

# 314 amedawg00 @ 09/08/12 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffychicken
I like Broadcast because it adds to the realism of watching an actual NBA game on TV...
bingo!...2k cam is just not my cup tea after using it by force in 2k1 and 2k2...since 2k3..its been broadcast all the way for me...just adds to the immersion factor...plus it takes more skill to achieve isomotion on broadcast than on 2k cam...just more rewarding imo..

# 315 NATINO @ 09/08/12 07:58 PM
why does the gameplay look so glitchy and have a bunch of awkward player movements. And might I add, the passing is ****ing so fake and glitchy. I think I'm still going to have frustrations with this game via turnovers, out of bounds...

# 316 ParisB @ 09/08/12 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
bingo!...2k cam is just not my cup tea after using it by force in 2k1 and 2k2...since 2k3..its been broadcast all the way for me...just adds to the immersion factor...plus it takes more skill to achieve isomotion on broadcast than on 2k cam...just more rewarding imo..

Yea. I enjoy and prefer playing in Broadcast because it's like watching a real game on TV but with you controlling it.

# 317 Thunder Storm @ 09/08/12 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Yea. I enjoy and prefer playing in Broadcast because it's like watching a real game on TV but with you controlling it.
yup. 2K cam looks like you're playing Madden on a basketball court, and also you miss out on the great detail of the character models.

# 318 Vni @ 09/08/12 08:19 PM
Good news is everyone will be able to choose his camera angle.

# 319 Jano @ 09/08/12 08:51 PM
After watching the video again I LOVED the new idle animations. The way the guys had their hands ready for a pass on the wings was great to see totally adds to the game tremendously.

I'm also loving how the players just jog and move on the court this year check out the first play of the game with the Lakers. Notice how Artest spaces out tries to get open.

You can actually see him running backwards with his hands ready for a pass. And its cool to see how guys actually SPRINT on the fastbreak last year it seemed like the same running animation was used ALL the time.

And check out Nash off the ball @ 2:50 mark its beautiful for me to see him moving like that to keep his body ready for a pass at any moment.

The ambient animations the Dev's worked on this year are really going to go a long way to helping this game look more and more realistic as the years go by.

# 320 youvalss @ 09/08/12 10:03 PM
I've noticed that the swoosh (nothing but net) sound is so much better than 2K11/2K12's (check at 2:18 when Nash makes the 3). Finally it sounds like the real thing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.