Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Quote:
Check out what NBA 2K13 has in store in MyCAREER mode, focusing on your player's life both on and off the court. Featuring producer Erick Boenisch and the MyCAREER of Ronnie2K.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 lavy23 @ 09/11/12 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
3:08-3:15 ish

Talking about VC (virtual currency)

"when your playing online, this is the currency to purchase attributes/sig skills for your player..." (not an exact quote, somewhat paraphrased)

So... what does that mean? Is this a possible hint/slip at the ability to take your MyCareer player online?
It already came out that online pick up (blacktop) games are returning... likely what they were hinting at.

# 142 Mister_G @ 09/11/12 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbdaprizzle
this was really good
Agreed. That was what I was referring to in an earlier post, the way he put it though, it's much more in-depth.

# 143 Banditofonchico @ 09/11/12 05:49 PM
You should be able to write back to people on twitter that would make it soo much better

# 144 Phreezy P @ 09/11/12 05:49 PM
All Insights should be over 5 minutes. I don't like when they release those 2 must insights that give you limited information.

# 145 guiba28 @ 09/11/12 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdinger80
Hey 2K, make sure you play through at least one season of this game mode before you release it with some dumb sh*t like the 76ers always getting 1st pick in the draft.
That is true. I remember I noticed it but nobody did as well. Hopefully they will fix it. Because in 2k12 My Player the draft picks were always distributed in alphabetical order.

# 146 whoahello @ 09/11/12 05:52 PM
I wish commentators would say our real names instead of nicknames.

# 147 Mister_G @ 09/11/12 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoahello
I wish commentators would say our real names instead of nicknames.
If you have a common last name, or one that a current NBA player has then I believe they say it. The name database is only so big though.

# 148 Slava Medvadenko @ 09/11/12 06:10 PM
Things I've wanted in MP this year:

Improved teammate AI- check
Some way to influence coaching- check
Ability to influence teammate minutes- check
Sliders- no, but I'm getting the pc version so check
Combine, summer league, training camp, d-league- no
Takes several seasons to max out player instead of a season and a half- ?
Tiger skin pants- check(j/k)

Good stuff for the mode this year. Love the seven minute video 2k, more like that please.

# 149 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 09/11/12 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ Lanc City
I have a way 2k can appeal to both sides, sim and casual:

We should choose résumés:

Top Pick
Top 5
Lottery
Mid to late 1st Round
2nd Round
Undrafted

Each résumé would have age, class, college or euro stats, strengths and weaknesses, NBA comparisons, personality, etc.

Next:

Hire Agent
Buy apartment (not a fan, but with the new stuff, can’t see why not)
Hire Trainer- Workout in preparation for Draft

Then (all in accurate order):

Portsmouth- is the 64 senior draft prospects, looking to improve draft stock. PIT is an 8-team, 12-game tournament held over a four-day period. April 11th to April 14th. Jimmy Butler, Landry Fields, and Jeremy Lin are some alum.
(Résumé, seniors 2nd round and undrafted)

NBA Draft Combine- in reality it’s the interviews, measurements, and athletic testing. The combine is drill based, there are no scrimmages. June 6th to 8th in Chicago.
(Résumé Top 60 best prospects, both international and college)

Euro Camp- Three day camp, internationals only, top prospect going through measurements, drills, daily scrimmages, and daily cumulative all star games.
(Euros)

Pre draft workouts- Every prospect with a shot at the NBA workouts for teams with interest. Doing various drills assigned. Coaching staff, management, and scouts are all there.
(Every Résumé)

All these events really exist, unlike the showcase thing.

Summer League- Not optional, unless injury.
(Every Résumé)

D-League- If you get assigned, you go.
(Every Résumé)

Training camp
(Every Résumé)

*Top picks choose to participate in the combine. Users who have no interest, you'd get measured at the combine, but your agent would say the my player (you) will only participate in team workouts. Just like real top picks and lotteries do.
I can get behind that. Nice work!

# 150 d11king @ 09/11/12 06:35 PM
If there are any sneakerheads here, did anybody notice the colorway on the Retro IV's Jordan was wearing when Ronnie was dribbling past him?

They look spot on and ALOT better than past 2K's. That shot there got me really excited to see this year Jordan's.

EDIT: Shoes are at 0:59

# 151 liberaluser @ 09/11/12 06:43 PM
As long as the sneakerheads are happy, I'm happy.

# 152 k1lo5 @ 09/11/12 06:47 PM
Man, i'm just pumped that we have more control over our off court career.

Hmmmmm, Nike or Jordan? Who to run wit!

# 153 bonannogiovanni @ 09/11/12 06:59 PM
Wow, just wow. However I'm not a player of mycareer mode,, and can only imagine if they put all these efforts into making a daily league highlights and roundup show. Oh well, lucky you.

# 154 eko718 @ 09/11/12 07:24 PM
I'm trying to figure out why 2K STILL has the OKC Thunder court completely inaccurate.

As far as My Player mode...meh.

# 155 Joobieo @ 09/11/12 07:30 PM
Super excited , might be the best rpg for a sports game ever .

# 156 Sundown @ 09/11/12 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar777
I personally prefer developing my player in the D-League/Summer league as opposed to just the rookie showcase. It added more layers into the game that I appreciated.
Definitely. Just getting on an NBA team felt like an accomplishment-- having a bad second game, trying to step it up and not get cut-- then finally wow, in an actual Wizards uniform in an NBA arena in front of 15k fans. For those of us who followed guys like Lin, it echoed the same sort of surreal rise to stardom he went through.

It also made it fun playing with/against rookies you encountered in all the combine and summer league games and trying to show them up or building upon your rapport.

They should really just let you select your pre-season track and career trajectory-- full combine and summer league, truncated combine and summer, or a single showcase game. Should also let you select how many points you want to start with and how quickly you want to progress, so you can either build the next phenom like Jordan or the next sleeper star like Nash or Manu.

# 157 Daking0325 @ 09/11/12 08:54 PM
I don't think I can get into MyPlayer if there aren't any sliders

Without them it's just way too easy to become great

# 158 da ThRONe @ 09/11/12 09:00 PM
It's nice that my player has expanded to my career. However most of the improvements seems to be cosmetic outside of the improved A.I.. Seems like the nuts and bolts of the mode is the same. You play and earn some form of points than use those points to gain things.

Look like I'll be waiting for another year for a more sim style of progression.

# 159 KSOR24 @ 09/11/12 09:09 PM
I don't mind if the draft combine isn't back, I just really want the summer circuit to return. It was a good way to determine whether you were ready enough to make the cut and or if you needed some more experience. In real life a rookie has to prove they deserve to make the roster, even if their placement in the draft was really high.

# 160 Flash D3 @ 09/11/12 09:38 PM
I loved the draft combine. you earned your way to the NBA and felt so realistic. The Showcase is still cool tho

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.