Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

During a recent interview with US Sports Down Under, NBA 2K13 Producer, Erick Boenisch let the cat out of the bag, as he confirmed no Crew Mode for NBA 2K13. This marks the second year in a row Crew Mode will not be featured in the game.

Quote:
We didn’t have time to add a crew mode this year, but its definitely something we will be looking at moving forward because the demand is certainly there.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 domidomdomz @ 09/18/12 10:00 AM
Moving on, looking forward for an enjoyable OA experience.

# 42 theprocess @ 09/18/12 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
because no crew = frisbee. they wanna talk about ultimate, let's play ultimate with the disc.
Dr. Phil is in the house. Thanks for the advice...I think?

# 43 NBA Bound25 @ 09/18/12 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
just gonna find another game to play this year. they should at least bring back 2k11 servers. don't they leave the last game of franchises up online? 2k11 was the last game for 2k. 12 and 13 are throwaways.
You were probably gonna mod your player anyway just like most ppl lol. That's why they don't have it.

# 44 Guard-ian @ 09/18/12 10:05 AM
As long as we can play Tem-Up with our friends (with real NBA players and no 9' point guards with 99 overall), and also we can use our Myplayer online (it seems we will be able in blacktop mode) I dont see any problem, it is much better to be possitive... ;-)

Cheers!

# 45 DaBlackProdigy @ 09/18/12 10:05 AM
Ultimate team actually sounds better..until everyone has lebrons on there team

# 46 MrBallaBoy21 @ 09/18/12 10:07 AM
It's a bummer, but I can't say I'm surprised. I'd rather have what EA was talking about in NBA Elite 11, but it's not likely that 2k will ever do that.

# 47 DakkoN @ 09/18/12 10:08 AM
We wouldn't need crew if Team Up would let you stick together with your lobby instead of getting split up, no Vote to Kick option for douchebags, and ending up with the worst player in the game being your point guard

# 48 RajonMoneyRondo @ 09/18/12 10:09 AM
Hey guys, this was my article of the interview i had with Erik.

During asking him the crew topic, i really felt that he knew how much we wanted it in the game , and he would love to have added it into 2k13, but i believe he really wanted to get the experience and the servers right before adding any crew mode to give us back the experience that we desire and not to just put it in the game for the sake of it with issues that you had in 2k11.

# 49 hallauer @ 09/18/12 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
What is 'Crew Mode'? I always read articles on the topic but never could figure out what it was.
It's where you can make your own My Player and play against other peoples My Players. Similar to EA Sports Hockey League in the NHL series. It was a lot of fun to like show off the player you made, but people hacked it and made 8 ft. tall players and ruined the game mode for everyone.

# 50 Gramps91 @ 09/18/12 10:11 AM
I really never card much for Crew mode, but I can understand being ticked off that they don't have it. I really don't see how they didnt' have enough time though. This was a huge issue since 2k12 came out a year ago. One would think they'd have enough time to put it in but.... oh well.
Still pumped for 2 weeks from now.

# 51 DurtySoufReppin @ 09/18/12 10:11 AM
This is no shocker to me, I already knew there was no crew, but at least they gave us a reason why.

I play crew mode a lot, but hearing the words " we didn't have the time" gives me hope that when they actually put crew in the game they'll take their time and get it right.

I'm sure crew mode will be back and much better than before. 2K could easily use that mode as the "gimmick" for future games.

They just need to take their time and get it right.

# 52 tbennett54 @ 09/18/12 10:12 AM
Not a deal breaker for me

# 53 bulliesyard @ 09/18/12 10:13 AM
i cant wait for 2k14 so all you crew can have fun with your 7 foot 3 sf overall 99 playing with souped up players and unorganized game play idk how we expected them to release something that all the computer nerds with no stick skills were gonna hack and idk why yall want to play it imo

# 54 sschevyridah @ 09/18/12 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by argr8ns12
you can complain OR download Live, either way move on. The game is still much better than 2K12. And why throw in a mode where ppl cheat all the time if you don't have the time to get it right? Good choice imo
i was never a fan of crew mode anyways. too many cheats. i am looking toward the my team feature. always thought nba 2k needed that after madden implemented that.

# 55 wonderboyrandle @ 09/18/12 10:17 AM
Well... Hopefully Nba Live will capatlize on this opportunity!

# 56 iLLosophy @ 09/18/12 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Will you still be thankful next year when it's not in?
lol has nothing to do with whether it's in or not, just saying thank you for setting the record straight before we bought the game.

But the writing is on the wall, with the separation of My Player and My Career, this new virtual currency you can only earn while online, the new Online Senior Producer they are looking to hire, new generation consoles coming out in the near future....

# 57 supermati @ 09/18/12 10:21 AM
I think Crew mode was ok. What I want is a revamped offline Association mode! It's been merely touched the last couple of years.

# 58 iLLosophy @ 09/18/12 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards

KANYE WEST: Eric Boenish doesn’t care about my crew mode people.
Dude that is hilarious. I am cracking up over here.....

# 59 renewill27 @ 09/18/12 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboyrandle
Well... Hopefully Nba Live will capatlize on this opportunity!
Really lol. People would actually leave a good game, because of one mode to go to trash truck juice of a title. I know its a lot of people wanting this mode. But Cmon guys get a grip.

# 60 kongemeier @ 09/18/12 10:24 AM
So... since there is no Crew mode there is absolutely no reason for not having sliders in MyCareer, right?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.