Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Just in time for the NBA 2K13 demo, which arrives tomorrow. Check out the controls trailer.

Gameplay Producer, Mike Wang (Beluba) has chimed in with the following update (Post #24).

Quote:
just fyi... some of the controls are incorrect in this trailer:

Bounce Pass = LT+A
Behind the Back = RS away from hoop

As for shots, the trailer just shows how to execute some of the new shots with the face buttons. Shot Stick controls are completely different. For example:

Hop Step Layup = LT+Double Tap RS left or right
Euro Step Layup = LT+Throw RS one way then back the other

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 FLAWDAxBALLA954 @ 09/25/12 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
This is the wrong thread but I gotta wait until the afternoon, at least, to get it as I'm in Sweden so don't complain too much
Is that what you would consider complaining

# 202 KyotoCarl @ 09/25/12 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAWDAxBALLA954
Is that what you would consider complaining
The remark was made a bit tongue in cheek. But some of us has to wait even longer than people in the states do.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 203 FLAWDAxBALLA954 @ 09/25/12 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
The remark was made a bit tongue in cheek. But some of us has to wait even longer than people in the states do.

Yea but its not my fault hes not in the states. He just lucky I don't want ro get banned....-_-

# 204 SPRINGS03 @ 09/25/12 02:10 AM
Eh, nothing groundbreaking. The one thing that caught my eye was the bounce pass. It basically said hit the pass button to bounce pass, am i the only one who notices that's the same as it was last year? That basically means the game will decide for you when to do a bounce pass(which works terribly), i hope i'm wrong about this.

# 205 23 @ 09/25/12 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
Eh, nothing groundbreaking. The one thing that caught my eye was the bounce pass. It basically said hit the pass button to bounce pass, am i the only one who notices that's the same as it was last year? That basically means the game will decide for you when to do a bounce pass(which works terribly), i hope i'm wrong about this.
Quote:
just fyi... some of the controls are incorrect in this trailer:

Bounce Pass = LT+A
Behind the Back = RS away from hoop
Did you miss this

# 206 KyotoCarl @ 09/25/12 02:12 AM
Quote:
Mike Wang has already stated, earlier in the thread, that that was wrong. It's LT + A.

# 207 jmo2278 @ 09/25/12 02:53 AM
Lmao at people saying moves are too easy even though they Havnt played yet!
Even though we have several gameplay vids out there, we Havnt seen half of these moves performed, let alone abused. How hard should they be? And what would make them harder?

# 208 TUSS11 @ 09/25/12 03:01 AM
It's not about the difficulty of the move, it's about using it at the right time. Are rocket scientists the only one's who should be able to perform a crossover?

# 209 daveberg @ 09/25/12 04:08 AM
Sorry, this is most definitely not for me. I'll be sticking to 2k12 control scheme. DOuble tapping and holding mutliple buttons at once doesn't sound particularly appealing. I'll give it a shot on release day but I'm thinking i'll stick with good ol 2k12 default.

# 210 IamLEGENDsince87 @ 09/25/12 07:49 AM
maybe it has been mentioned already, but Brandon Jennings is wearing Under Armour shoes in the video....could be a sign they added more brands. That's small detail that most don't care about but I know a lot do, so hopefully they did do more with the shoes.

# 211 BQ32 @ 09/25/12 07:51 AM
Demos out online if you do a search for it (xbox). Stop whining and start downloading lol. Ill be ready to beast any takers.

# 212 SPRINGS03 @ 09/25/12 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Did you miss this
Yes, yes i did. Glad to know it was a mistake. That's much better.

But anyway, like i said earlier. Most stuff seems the same, i think some people just didn't realize all the dribble moves you could do, because i remember a lot of this stuff other than the pass and the alley oop thing being similar. Which is fine. The bounce pass is what i'm really excited about.

# 213 JasonMartin @ 09/25/12 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Sorry, this is most definitely not for me. I'll be sticking to 2k12 control scheme. DOuble tapping and holding mutliple buttons at once doesn't sound particularly appealing. I'll give it a shot on release day but I'm thinking i'll stick with good ol 2k12 default.
Same here. I haven't played or tried it yet but it looks so hard already, pressing B+ LT and then press X ... wtf? Just seems too much. And same with the shooting stick, I've watched a couple of clips and it 's confusing.

# 214 Cherifanaiz @ 09/25/12 11:00 AM
I'm trying the demo ... great job with this 2k13 seems! Is everyone excited for the leagues, and testing the demo online and offline!
Could solve a question? How I enter the triple threat position? In 2k12 enough to press LT + leftstick opposite the hoop

# 215 iLLosophy @ 09/25/12 11:20 AM
anybody know how to triple threat?

# 216 8KB24 @ 09/25/12 11:30 AM
LT and left stick?

# 217 iLLosophy @ 09/25/12 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
LT and left stick?
actually just left stick. However if you press the left stick "back" relative to the basket you'll pick up your dribble. Very annoying. Still haven't figured out the protect the ball move from triple threat position. Maybe they removed it and just want you to post up now

# 218 23 @ 09/25/12 11:52 AM
Quote:
Yes, yes i did. Glad to know it was a mistake. That's much better.

But anyway, like i said earlier. Most stuff seems the same, i think some people just didn't realize all the dribble moves you could do, because i remember a lot of this stuff other than the pass and the alley oop thing being similar. Which is fine. The bounce pass is what i'm really excited about.
Same here man

# 219 Tecmo SB Guy @ 09/25/12 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Nice trailer. Bounce passes between the legs - Rubio is gonna be fun this year. Looking forward to the demo tomorrow

FYI is the link at the end not up yet or did I type it wrong? http://2ksports.com/manual/nba2k13
Just curious, when does the full manual usually get put up online to download? Is it on the day the game releases or like a few days before?

# 220 JasonWilliams55 @ 09/25/12 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
anybody know how to triple threat?
Tap RS while holding the ball.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.