Home
Tiger 14 News Post

EA Sports has just posted another Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Developer Blog discussing the all-new Swing Style feature.

Quote:
The all-new Swing Style feature in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 allows players to create their own unique approach to playing the game. Swing Style consists of four components: Type, Shape, Trajectory, and Handedness. Each part of a golfer’s Swing Style will alter the way that golfer hits their shots. All of the Legend, Pro and Celebrity golfers in the game have a Swing Style that mirrors their real-life play.

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mike24forever @ 02/02/13 08:21 PM
The OS XBOX 360 Country Club should be even more fun this year with this setting. Cannot wait.

# 22 Matt10 @ 02/02/13 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
The OS XBOX 360 Country Club should be even more fun this year with this setting. Cannot wait.
For once, I might actually enjoy myself in something multiplayer!

# 23 kickingguru @ 02/04/13 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
So I am supposed to memorize all yardage on each of my clubs? How is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In years past, the game gave you a general yardage # for each club when you select clubs... It is kind of needed as you get better and add attributes.... so you willl get a general 160 yd 9 iron... from there though, you will have to gauge elevation, wind, how hard, ect. ect.... remember.. This is Simulation...meaning the game at it most difficult level... It will not be for most people.... only the die hards

# 24 Lieutenant Dan @ 02/04/13 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingguru
In years past, the game gave you a general yardage # for each club when you select clubs... It is kind of needed as you get better and add attributes.... so you willl get a general 160 yd 9 iron... from there though, you will have to gauge elevation, wind, how hard, ect. ect.... remember.. This is Simulation...meaning the game at it most difficult level... It will not be for most people.... only the die hards
Bring it!!! Just hope the putting w/no grid works out okay. Wonder if you can select to have the grid on in Simulation? Just still wondering how well gridless will work. Didn't like it that way in 13.

# 25 kickingguru @ 02/04/13 04:02 PM
The fact that Handsward commented about it and had similar issues with it we did is encouraging....

# 26 Matt10 @ 02/04/13 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Bring it!!! Just hope the putting w/no grid works out okay. Wonder if you can select to have the grid on in Simulation? Just still wondering how well gridless will work. Didn't like it that way in 13.
As long as we have free roam over the green to inspect the surface direction, I'm happy. I haven't played nexgen TW in a while, but in TW08 PC, this was very common. It would take me a while to putt - as it should.

Cannot wait for this game.

# 27 Lieutenant Dan @ 02/04/13 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Options such as gridless greens and info for wind markers (I think I remember reading that there may even be a option for no wind markers at all, you judge wind from the swaying of the trees) can be turned on and off in sim mode, it will just default to custom. You can make it as hard as you like with many options in sim mode. I'm not a big fan of gridless greens unless they make it much easier to read this year. Last year was too much a guessing game.

I believe you will have 3 options with greens-grids with beads showing the severity of slope, grids with no beads and gridless.
Cool, and hopefully that's all still something that can be set for CC's too, I liked playing at the highest level with the grid on.

# 28 kickingguru @ 02/04/13 06:52 PM
Im going to assume you have all the customization ability in setting up your CC events... There was a tease in one of the pics about Country Club Tour..... That really has some possibilities....

# 29 Lieutenant Dan @ 02/04/13 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
If we could do it last year then I can't imagine that they wouldn't do it for this year as well. CC would be pointless if there was no customization to suit your CC's needs.
I only brought it up as ea sometimes removes features from one year to the next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

# 30 Jet Sufferer @ 02/04/13 10:38 PM
Shaping up nicely, although I might have one issue.

I'm not so sure we have the graphical fidelity just yet to have gridless putting, PS4/720 yes, right now, no.

I did play 13 sometimes without the grid and it was sometimes tough to get a read, and I'm a top notch green reader "in the real".

Gridless putting led to me giving up strokes not because I can't read greens, but because sometimes you really had no idea because of the graphics. Sometimes when I'm stumped on the course I will use my size 14 Adidas to read the greens too!

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.