Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA SPORTS has officially announced Madden NFL 25, launching on August 27. This year’s game will feature the Madden NFL 25 name when it launches in August, plus a new fan Cover Vote will pit the NFL’s greatest legends against today’s hottest stars.

“There’s no better way to celebrate and mark the culmination of 25 years of innovation than by naming this year’s game Madden NFL 25,” said Cam Weber, General Manager of American Football for EA SPORTS. “This year’s game will push the boundaries with gameplay and feature innovations that will lay a very strong foundation for the next 25 years of this storied franchise.”

The past and the future collide in the newest Madden NFL Cover Vote across ESPN platforms and SportsNation, which will see the old school take on the new school for the historically-significant cover. A bracket of 32 all-time NFL greats will go head-to-head against one another, as will 32 modern NFL superstars, with the winners of each bracket facing off in the final round.

Voting will start on Monday, March 11 on ESPN.com/MaddenVote, and fans can tune into a special edition of SportsNation at 6:00pm EST on ESPN2 for the live unveil of the brackets. Last year, fans cast 20 million votes to name Calvin Johnson, Jr. as the cover athlete of Madden NFL 13 during a special reveal show of SportsNation live from Times Square in New York City.

“It’s great to be back with another year of the award-winning Madden NFL Cover Vote for a brand-new game that will be the deepest and most innovative in the history of the franchise when it launches in August,” said Anthony Stevenson, Senior Director of Marketing at EA SPORTS. “This year we’re posing the ultimate question of who’s more deserving; one of the NFL’s all-time greats or one of today’s hottest players?”

“This is the third consecutive year EA SPORTS and ESPN have collaborated on the Madden NFL Cover Vote in its current iteration,” added Raphael Poplock, Vice President of Games and Partnerships for ESPN. “Each year has brought record-setting results as NFL fans come out in droves to support their favorite players and teams, and by going big this year with legends facing off against the league’s current leaders, needless to say it will be an interesting vote with much debate and discussion.”

SportsNation is built around social engagement and topics our young audience cares about, so the Madden NFL Cover Vote is a great fit for us, “said Jamie Horowitz, Vice President of Original Programming and Production for ESPN. “Our new host, Marcellus Wiley, played with the old school guys and Charissa Thompson is a new school fan, so I expect them to find fun ways to push this vote in social and on TV.”

Embraced by fans and honored by critics for 25 years, Madden NFL is known as the NFL’s “33rd Franchise” due to its authentic gameplay, the development team’s unparalleled access to NFL resources and its prominent place in NFL culture. Since its beginning as “John Madden Football,” the franchise has sold through approximately 99 million units and generated more than $3.7 billion in net revenue.

Madden NFL 25 will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system for $59.99. To learn more about Madden NFL 25, visit http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl. Fans are also invited to become a Madden Insider for exclusive information on Facebook including the latest news, original content and more for Madden NFL 25.

What do you all think of the naming convention change this year?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 02/02/13 10:10 PM
I could care less if the game was called Roger Goodell's Feel Good Football League 2100. If Madden is trying to re-brand itself (I highly doubt) it needs to do more than a name change to achieve.

# 42 sketchy1 @ 02/02/13 10:18 PM
madden 25 = gayfers

# 43 REDSFAN26 @ 02/03/13 01:00 PM
@BizDevConglomerate

You got to be kidding right?

IMO EA make good sports games., not great, not exceptional but just good..

Now you look at how many games they sell just with Madden and Fifa alone, and you tell me why with all their money and resources they can't make a brilliant game for every sports title every year?

You think 2k basketball is really good but not the greatest. Huh you got to joking right? EA hasnt even released a Bball game for 3 years.. NBA 2k series is better than anything EA sports has released in the last 4-5 years

You look at a company like SCEA that makes The Show that's something that EA can do but for whatever reason just doesn't...

Now I buy EA sports titles Madden, Fifa and this year I will be buying NHL because I love sports and sports games but lets not kid ourselves into thinking that EA Sports games for the last 5 years have been anything more than just 'good' sports games...

# 44 roadman @ 02/03/13 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSFAN26
@BizDevConglomerate

You look at a company like SCEA that makes The Show that's something that EA can do but for whatever reason just doesn't...
Up until this year, EA couldn't make a baseball came, it was eliminated by the license deal 2k made.

So, the development could be far behind in updating MVP.

# 45 ABR173rd @ 02/03/13 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
I'm sort of surprised to see people here and Twitter upset about the name change. If this change is somehow an indication that Madden is committing to a new identity (perhaps less hybrid and more sim), then I'm all for this.

Probably going out on a limb w/ my thought process, but hopefully this is a suggestion that they are launching on new consoles this year and they're turning the page on the inconsistencies of the 360/PS3 generation.
I like your enthusiasm, I am betting on there being a next gen release for Madden as well this year. That being said I will be waiting until the new systems are out until I check out Madden. My intial impression is that Kolbe Launchbaugh will have had a huge impression on the next Gen title so it should offer something fresh in comparison to this Gen.

# 46 RGiles36 @ 02/03/13 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
I like your enthusiasm, I am betting on there being a next gen release for Madden as well this year. That being said I will be waiting until the new systems are out until I check out Madden. My intial impression is that Kolbe Launchbaugh will have had a huge impression on the next Gen title so it should offer something fresh in comparison to this Gen.
It's not enthusiasm per se, but rather I just don't perceive any and all news regarding Madden as a negative.

# 47 REDSFAN26 @ 02/03/13 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Up until this year, EA couldn't make a baseball came, it was eliminated by the license deal 2k made.

So, the development could be far behind in updating MVP.
I more talking about the effort, dedication and product but The Show team...EA Sports could do this with all of their resources but for some reason doesn't...? Greedy

# 48 HeavyWeight @ 02/03/13 10:11 PM
You know what's funny we all love Football, and if they make a some what decent game we'd all buy it and they can't.

# 49 roadman @ 02/04/13 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSFAN26
I more talking about the effort, dedication and product but The Show team...EA Sports could do this with all of their resources but for some reason doesn't...? Greedy
I hear you, but I think the employees at Madden feel they give 100% effort, dedication and deliver a good product.

It's some of the consumers feel a different way.

# 50 oneamongthefence @ 02/04/13 12:17 AM

I agree. I don't like the title. XXV or silver sounds much better. Put it in a commemorative silver case. Done day.

From my fingers to your eyes...

# 51 roboas @ 02/04/13 01:36 AM
I really hope this year is different. But I've been saying that for a long time now....

# 52 ..GameOver.. @ 02/04/13 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
I like it. I'm also a business management graduate so maybe the marketing side got me.

The way this has caused so much fury is amazing.
Madden hasn't been the greatest game to purchase for a very long time. But if you all think redoing the NFL 2k5 on ps2 roster or the APF 2k7 roster will suffice for authentic gaming get a life. Really get a life. To sit back and look at those horrible graphics from almost a decade ago and play itself like its hot is laughable. This is why Madden does what they do. If you want to be upset call out 2k sports. Instead of supplying a college BBall game they invested in wrestling. REALLY!! Look at baseball. Please ppl. Grow up.

If we want authentic gaming from established companies boycott the monopoly running the industry. And the phonies allowing it to happen. 2k knows they can produce a generic football sim and open the 2k share so the users can upload what they want to make it their own. But they won't. Not even basketball.

This did us soon wouldn't be if companies like 2k were about the consumer as the consumer is about 2k. It's amazing how much ppl are fanboys of businesses. NBA 2k isn't the greatest. It's really good. But not the greatest. EA makes the best games from top to bottom ( when they want to) period. Prove me wrong. Any league, not every year but pixel for pixel their better.

So stop hating and go with the flow or do something. As the saying goes- stop bitching and start a revolution.
1) Marketing is about making a product appeal to the masses. If there is outrage over marketing, marketing failed. Although, one could argue that Madden's past disappointments, from a consumers point of view, is why there is fury over this, either way though, marketing failed in the long run.

2) As an accounting graduate, I feel the need to say that numbers matter. Sure a business should make meaning for consumers but at what point do you decide on not pursuing a course of action due to risks in projections and forecasts? The market for some of these titles are not as large as everyone seems to think they are.

3) Pixel for pixel? Are you on the right discussion board? Gameplay >>>>> Graphics. I am speculating here but I imagine most individuals that browse these forums tend to value the same thing. Perhaps I am wrong but I always knew I could come to OS and expect to find sim gamers who tend to have the same view. If you meant pixel for pixel in some other way, I apologize for jumping to the most logical conclusion about what you meant.

The rest of your post doesn't warrant a response. You lost me when you said EA makes the best games from top to bottom.

# 53 roadman @ 02/04/13 11:37 AM
Quote:
Yo, SCEA makes a great looking game. But the show is dry as heck. There is now way you can tell me your able to sit there and play the show day in and day out with out getting bored. It's a great game. Has a few bugs. That's cool. But there's no intangibles in the rest of the game. No stadium creator, not uniform editor, no expansion, no drama of the rubber match, or playoffs. This year we will see. But they still left out uniform creator. I'm not talking about DD. you can have that if you like it. It's hot, but I'd like to see it in offline as well. That alone would catapult the show over all games. I've seen some great teams.

Anyway. Triple play was great. Even when the added the animations it made it fun. The best baseball game I plays was bottom of the ninth.

As for baseball games, depending on your age lets to back to when there was real comp. you had RBI, SNK, running it. Although SNK was fake. It was fun. RBI was good too. Once the games incorporated deeper play, such as franchises and such 2K stood out to me with expansion and gameplay. When Jeter was the cover guy 2k was tops.

Ea had a shot, what they did in college baseball has not been seen again. Maybe in 2k basketball. Where the players hit achievements and get sponsorships. You would receive bats, cleats, and other name brand equipment. The game was nice. The bat sound still pings in my head yo. But the batting was much like the show. Where they had to make changed this year.

I'm not a fan boy, what ever company makes a game worthy of 60$ I'm bout it. And quite frankly. None have. I wish 2k would go back to Jeter days of gaming.
Agreed with The Show, but don't have PS.

HH on the computer for me. Great game.

Back to football.

# 54 REDSFAN26 @ 02/04/13 01:35 PM
Quote:
No, EA has sucked for the last 5 years. They produce playable games due to graphics, but the gameplay hasn't met the hype.

NOW. In my opinion. With this year being an exception, I have bought madden, and college every year due to my love of recruiting and drafting. I didn't need to play the ga e as much as I liked to draft, sim, created stadiums and such. But once it came to playin the game I put it down.

NBA 2k 13 is great. Hands down, but I'm the type of player that's into management more than playing. Until this year I couldn't play the game. My favorite was 2k5 with CP3. But the way 2k innovates with team creation, draft classes, etc this is why I buy their games.

Now, where they drop the ball is leaving us without a college counterpart. It's test to have the college classes for the draft, but if you love college basketball, then you want to play the game. When will we see another coach K basketball. Tell me. With DLC the great 2k would make maaaaad money releasing a DLC of college bball. Who would t buy it. It would also save them money from the need to made CDs.

Anyway this is my point. EA has been robbing us because the other manufactures aren't going the extra mile. They have their followers and that's it. EA has the monopoly. Marketing, ads, corporate America. Shoot 2k sponsors the friggin tournament and doesn't produce a game. That's stupid. Or a slap in the face.

My defense of EA is in lieu of this years madden which I boycotted till they patched the editing. You can look at my twitter threads with madden and see how many back and for the we had. They don't know football. But they sell the hell out of a game. Next year you cannot say your passing up madden and NCAA. They will integrate the draft, and infinity engine on both games. With Sammy Watkins, and Robert dknemdiche who's not going to have that on deck.

But these are my opinions. Not bible.
Your previous post that I quoted it seemed like you we're praising the hell out of EA... Now this post you attack them? I'm confused...

I wasn't saying EA are anything more than just good... SCEA, and 2K sports are just on another level which is sad considering how long EA has been around and all of the resources they have...

# 55 Dave58 @ 02/04/13 01:37 PM
Year in year out same bulls***. I can't be leave how many people care about the cover.

# 56 REDSFAN26 @ 02/04/13 01:40 PM
Quote:
Yo, SCEA makes a great looking game. But the show is dry as heck. There is now way you can tell me your able to sit there and play the show day in and day out with out getting bored. It's a great game. Has a few bugs. That's cool. But there's no intangibles in the rest of the game. No stadium creator, not uniform editor, no expansion, no drama of the rubber match, or playoffs. This year we will see. But they still left out uniform creator. I'm not talking about DD. you can have that if you like it. It's hot, but I'd like to see it in offline as well. That alone would catapult the show over all games. I've seen some great teams.

Anyway. Triple play was great. Even when the added the animations it made it fun. The best baseball game I plays was bottom of the ninth.

As for baseball games, depending on your age lets to back to when there was real comp. you had RBI, SNK, running it. Although SNK was fake. It was fun. RBI was good too. Once the games incorporated deeper play, such as franchises and such 2K stood out to me with expansion and gameplay. When Jeter was the cover guy 2k was tops.

Ea had a shot, what they did in college baseball has not been seen again. Maybe in 2k basketball. Where the players hit achievements and get sponsorships. You would receive bats, cleats, and other name brand equipment. The game was nice. The bat sound still pings in my head yo. But the batting was much like the show. Where they had to make changed this year.

I'm not a fan boy, what ever company makes a game worthy of 60$ I'm bout it. And quite frankly. None have. I wish 2k would go back to Jeter days of gaming.
The Show is dare I say it the best sports game like for like with the sports it's based on. As far as pure gameplay...and yeah to sit and play a baseball game day in day out is not for everyone... Same as watching games day in day out is not for everyone...it's baseball...

# 57 ..GameOver.. @ 02/04/13 05:07 PM
Quote:
My dude. Did you want me to say pound for pound? These are video games right. It's fantasy and entertainment. Not real correct?
I was not trying to be smart by saying I apologize for jumping to the only logical conclusion regarding "pixel for pixel" in a literal sense.

Quote:
As for marketing, are U serious. Their marketing isn't outstanding? Look at at their avenues for gaining attention. They have Ray, Mainstream commercials( multiple ) ESPN, magazines, the. The haters, the detractors, and the NFL 2k 5 minions. Look. If you tell me - Awe that game sucks don't buy it, I'm going to say, oh, word, huh let me see why it's wack. Then if your point is t true. I'm buying the game. All people aren't the same and these game manufactures could care less about me and you. They do extensive research, SWOTS, etc they practically have the witch doctor pray over mess and send it out.
Context matters. You said: "The way this has caused so much fury is amazing." My response to that statement is that marketing failed in this one instance, which I admitted might have been due to a bunch of consumers being upset over the track record of the product itself. If there is "fury" over marketing efforts, that is probably not a good thing from a marketing perspective. That was my point.

Did you mean EA not caring about you and me in the context of us not being the typical casual madden gamer? If that were the case, I can almost agree with you in the fact that they care a little less about us than they do their core target market. I disagree that they simply don't care about us unless we were a tiny market, which I don't think is the case.

Quote:
Numbers huh, look at how many ppl complain on EA forums, then look at the fixes that aren't made, THEN, look at the success they still have. Don't turn my reality check into a support for EA. but do they make the best games too to bottom. Yes in my opinion.
You are misinterpreting my numbers argument. You said that 2k should be releasing a college basketball game. I said that numbers matter. You should make meaning for consumers but not at the expense of losing profits. To use what you said earlier, they have SWOTS, forecasts, expenses to cover, Porter 5 forces models, etc. To say that they do not make college basketball games and portray it as a bad thing is ignoring the fact that they likely have more information and data concerning the market than you or I do.

As far as EA making the best games from top to bottom, we will just have to disagree there. I think 2k makes superior games. Although, I am primarily a basketball and American football gamer.

Also, I accept blame for not breaking out your post into quotes before each point I was making. I re-read my post and it is hard to determine what I was talking about in relation to your post.

On to other things:

As far as the whole "new identity moving forward" thing. What consumer is going to think a change to Madden 25 is much different than Madden 14? That does not sound like a new identity. Changing a name from purely numbers like 8200 to "Pentium" is more of a new identity.

# 58 packers96 @ 02/04/13 07:02 PM
I hope EA Sports doesn't remove the 3D grass, this was the biggest improvement of the game in years.

# 59 Isura @ 02/05/13 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
This year’s game will push the boundaries with gameplay and feature innovations that will lay a very strong foundation for the next 25 years of this storied franchise.”

hopefully with this statement they actually fix all gameplay issues thats been in the previous yrs since the ps2 day's. that way when they move to the ps4 and xbox 720 that will all be worked out and not still be a beta tested version for new system's.
I think the quote is implying they fix the bugs within 25 years.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.