Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out the latest MLB 13 The Show video, featuring the Los Angeles Angels vs. Texas Rangers.

Thanks N51_rob!!

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 crains13 @ 03/01/13 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
Could have sworn this thread was about the game not an Internet fight... :/
Can you give him visual proof? C'mon man.

# 22 nemesis04 @ 03/01/13 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
Can you give him visual proof? C'mon man.
Just let it go, he is a pot stirrer. He has no intention of contributing in any fashion. The ignore button is a beautiful thing! How about that video!

# 23 MrOldboy @ 03/01/13 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Just let it go, he is a pot stirrer. He has no intention of contributing in any fashion. The ignore button is a beautiful thing! How about that video!
The commentary isn't very good.

# 24 TGov @ 03/01/13 10:20 PM
...anyway...

Players have sweat around there caps, is this new?
I don't remember seeing it last year, also, is this just in warm weather?
Pretty cool small feature!

# 25 Legend. @ 03/01/13 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivenDieBaseball
Contribute what? False fanboyish statements about the game? Sounds to me like you guys live and sleep on these forums waiting to respond to people with differing opionions. I asked a simple question without any criticism in the initial post.
It might look the same watching it on the Internet, but I can guarantee it will feel a lot different once you get your hands on the game and play it yourself. I felt the same way last year about the ball physics and I didn't see much difference personally, but once I got the game and played it myself... I noticed the changes right away. I recommend waiting until you get the game yourself until making assumptions if the game is different or not. You can't judge The Show by just watching gameplay videos on the internet, you have to play it yourself to get the full, great experience.

# 26 MrOldboy @ 03/01/13 10:22 PM
Quote:
Contribute what? False fanboyish statements about the game? Sounds to me like you guys live and sleep on these forums waiting to respond to people with differing opionions. I asked a simple question without any criticism in the initial post.
http://youtu.be/iRayxYAhs0E?t=16m10s

Here! The way the ball bounces off the way looks different to me which shows the new physics off a bit. Too lazy to look for more visual proof.

# 27 crains13 @ 03/01/13 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend.
It might look the same watching it on the Internet, but I can guarantee it will feel a lot different once you get your hands on the game and play it yourself. I felt the same way last year about the ball physics and I didn't see much difference personally, but once I got the game and played it myself... I noticed the changes right away. I recommend waiting until you get the game yourself until making assumptions if the game is different or not. You can't judge The Show by just watching gameplay videos on the internet, you have to play it yourself to get the full, great experience.
There you have it folks.

# 28 Perfect Zero @ 03/01/13 10:27 PM
I like the new camera angles and some of the new presentation. Although some of the ribbons are not the new ones, they've put a lot of work in the visual aspect of the game.

# 29 zfarrow @ 03/01/13 10:33 PM
Can I just say that, while I love the idea of the post-game player of the game interview, that microphone looks terrible?! Kind of shocking compared to the rest of the presentation/graphics. Looks like an amazing game, can't wait to play it, but I just had to say that.

whew. done.

# 30 ty5oke @ 03/01/13 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
http://youtu.be/iRayxYAhs0E?t=16m10s

Here! The way the ball bounces off the way looks different to me which shows the new physics off a bit. Too lazy to look for more visual proof.
Compare to this 2B by Butler: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play****p?c...65671&c_id=mlb Replace ** with ". j s "

I always feel like the OF's get to these balls to quickly or the runners are slower? Feels like there are a lot more close plays on 2B's in the Show than in real life. Butler is about 1 sec slower in the show in this example.

It's probably hard to program the lolly-gagging most OF's do when a ball goes into the corner, but its just something that always catches my eye when playing.

# 31 MrOldboy @ 03/01/13 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
Compare to this 2B by Butler: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play****p?c...65671&c_id=mlb Replace ** with ". j s "

I always feel like the OF's get to these balls to quickly or the runners are slower? Feels like there are a lot more close plays on 2B's in the Show than in real life. Butler is about 1 sec slower in the show in this example.

It's probably hard to program the lolly-gagging most OF's do when a ball goes into the corner, but its just something that always catches my eye when playing.
Its been a problem for a while at least for me. I turn down fielder speed and reaction and turn up baserunner speed a bit, but it doesn't do a whole lot to alleviate it for me.

Outfielders have always gotten to balls much more quickly in the show than in real life. I thought it was mentioned in the CD threads that they worked on this. That more varying routes would be taken or something. I think maybe having the outfielders pick up balls a bit more slowly off the wall and definitely have them not get to ground balls down the line as fast might help. In MLB games you see a lot of groundball down the line doubles, but its hard to do in the game.

There are a lot of examples that just don't seem possible in the game. Maybe its the way balls bounce off the grass, they seem to die faster than in real life.
***= . j s
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play***p?co...12215&c_id=mlb (can we not post mlb.com links?)
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play***p?co...ar_of_the_game
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play***p?co...22855&c_id=mlb

I'm sure there are more examples of balls getting cutoff like in The Show, but I would love to see balls hit down the line, especially ground balls and line drives that land on the infield and go past the 3rd baseman result in more doubles as in real life.

# 32 bkrich83 @ 03/01/13 10:54 PM
Quote:
Stupid fanboys.
Troll more.

# 33 bkrich83 @ 03/01/13 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Agreed. He just joined the forum and all of his posts are in the show forums. . Look at his post history, his intent to troll the show forums is quite clear.

# 34 woz411 @ 03/01/13 11:05 PM
Quote:
Maybe you are right, but with more than a few videos already out, the sample size is enough for at least one video to show something different.
its extremely obvious you are here to do nothing more then troll... And like everyone has said, this game is leaps and bounds better then the 2012, and we dont need to give you any damn proof. Those that have played the game have said that..

# 35 Lovesports @ 03/02/13 12:00 AM
Im afraid to say anything simply because I don't want to be labeled a troll, but honestly, I'm a bit dissapointed with the game play videos so far. Graphics are awesome as usual but the hit variety seems a lot like last years game. I know this is a small sample but I saw two idenyical hits to the left field in the same inning and a couple up the middle hits that are identical to the 12 version. Anyways, im not here to say negative things about the game because im really excited about the franchise mode but I think we should hear everyone equally regardless if the comment is positive or negative.

# 36 m1ke_nyc @ 03/02/13 12:13 AM
To the people asking what looks different the thing is your not gonna see it look much different. The core gameplay is not gonna change cause it doesnt need to. It plays a pretty realistic game of baseball. The changes you will see year to year is new animations and improved AI. But its gonna be hard to notice that stuff off of a couple gameplay vids. You have to really sit down and play the game over an extended period of time to see everything thats new. To expect to see all the new animations in these vids is silly. If you got all the new animations right away the game would become stale very quick.

# 37 thaSLAB @ 03/02/13 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Agreed. He just joined the forum and all of his posts are in the show forums. . Look at his post history, his intent to troll the show forums is quite clear.
That was the first thing I looked, and that's why I just ignored him. Very blatant trolling.

-- Sent from the Future...

# 38 OUSOONERS#1 @ 03/02/13 12:46 AM
I will say this game looks awesome graphics wise but hit variety has never been this games best suit and until they get some real competition don't think its gonna change anytime soon. That includes first year on PS4.

# 39 bkrich83 @ 03/02/13 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
That was the first thing I looked, and that's why I just ignored him. Very blatant trolling.

-- Sent from the Future...
Exactly. We get them every year at this time.

# 40 kennyacid @ 03/02/13 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
I will say this game looks awesome graphics wise but hit variety has never been this games best suit and until they get some real competition don't think its gonna change anytime soon. That includes first year on PS4.
This isn't an ea developed game. The guys at Sony don't need competition in order to give them the drive to continue to push out a quality product . Now don't get me wrong, I know with competition brings innovation but I have faith that the show crew will continue to bring the heat. I just hope they go out with the ps4...add ALL accessories, tats and everything. I know that's going to call for individual player models but it can be done. And also, a complete commentary overhaul.... I guess all this should be going into the wish list thread lol

As for the video, I like what I'm seeing and can't wait to pick it up Tuesday morning... Wish I still lived in ny, probably would have it already lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.