Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Another NBA 2K13 roster update arrived today. Alvin Gentry is still the head coach of the Phoenix Suns, no sign of interim coach Lindsey Hunter. Aaron Brooks and Thomas Robinson are both still wearing jersey #0 for the Houston Rockets. (Robinson should be #41)

Below are the list of changes.
  • Nick Young, Philadelphia 76ers (73) - Returns from injury
  • Omri Casspi, Cleveland Cavaliers (62) - Returns from injury
  • Tristan Thompson, Cleveland Cavaliers +4 (72)
  • Eric Bledsoe, Los Angeles Clippers -13 (68) Injured
  • Darrell Authur, Memphis Grizzlies -11 (61) Injured
  • James Johnson, Sacramento Kings -11 (55) Injured
  • Shawn Marion, Dallas Mavericks -12 (67) Injured
  • Maurice Harkless, Orlando Magic +7 (73)
  • Lance Stephenson, Indiana Pacers +6 (75)
  • Brandon Knight, Detroit Pistons -8 (68) Injured
  • Andrea Bargnani, Toronto Raptors -6 (67) Injured
  • Bradley Beal, Washington Wizards -8 (67) Injured
  • Deron Williams, Brooklyn Nets +2 (88)
  • Dwight Howard, Los Angeles Lakers +1 (90)
Players Still Missing (Thanks pjt8405!)
  • Kevin Jones (PF) - Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Shavlik Randdolph (PF) - Boston Celtics
  • Jarvis Varnado (PF) - Miami Heat
  • Terrel Harris (SG) - New Orleans Hornets
  • Kevin Murphy (SG) - Utah Jazz
  • Chris Wright (PG) - Dallas Mavericks
  • Julyan Stone (PG/SG) - Denver Nuggets
  • Ben Hansbrough (PG/SG) - Indiana Pacers
  • Tim Ohlbrecht (C) - Houston Rockets
  • Aron Baynes (C) - San Antonio Spurs
  • Diante Garrett (SG) - Phoenix Suns
  • Mickael Gelabale (SF) - Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Chris Johnson (C/PF) - Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Kent Bazemore (SG/SF) - Golden St. Warriors
  • Malcolm Thomas (PF/SF) - Golden St. Warriors
Some roster moves that need to be in next update
  • Jannero Pargo (PG) to Charlotte Bobcats
  • Dajuan Summers (SF/PF) to LA Clippers
  • Shelvin Mack (PG) to Atlanta Hawks
More details on the roster update can be found at The Real 2K Insider.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 giftedchick @ 03/21/13 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmeZZ
But it wasn't given by 2k, was it? The game automatically notches a player up or down if their position is changed
my apologies... now that i think about it, I may be thinking of Ed Davis ... i think both he (while he was here) and alan anderson got boosts.

# 82 bm011 @ 03/21/13 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVenomx91
why hasnt jeff teague been given an upgrade 27ps 11ast tonight cmon 2k he is defintely deserving of a boost
Yeah its odd that he hasn't been boosted. He's become one of the best point guards in the league.

# 83 ksuttonjr76 @ 03/21/13 10:40 AM
I sent a tweet to have Hibbert's LPD and BLK ratings increased, but remove the Eraser and Post Proficiency signature skills. Hibbert is pretty a much defensive-minded center, who scores when the match-up favors him. He doesn't need the Eraser signature skill, because he doesn't "swats" shots. He mainly stops them at the rim or from scoring in the paint with hand blocks. Basically, he take advantage of his 7'2" frame and long arms, and he's good (well the whole team is actually) at rotating to protect the paint.

As for Post Proficiency...players like Brooke Lopez, Tim Duncan, Al Jefferson, and Pau Gasol. Hibbert is definitely a old-school center, but he's kinda "clumsy" when he goes into his post moves. Also, he tends to use arm length and post moves to get off his hook shot, then to "create" an easy look at the basket.

# 84 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 03/21/13 04:24 PM
I don't know what it is about 2k but guys like Shannon Brown, Gerald Green (pre-nerfed) , heck Jr smith kinda etc... Are soo overly effective . They all play like superstars. It's annoying.

This years game athleticism is King.

# 85 ksuttonjr76 @ 03/21/13 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
I don't know what it is about 2k but guys like Shannon Brown, Gerald Green (pre-nerfed) , heck Jr smith kinda etc... Are soo overly effective . They all play like superstars. It's annoying.

This years game athleticism is King.
Don't get it twisted. Gerald Green is still effective for me. He's like instant offense off the bench for me .

# 86 theycallmeZZ @ 03/22/13 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick
my apologies... now that i think about it, I may be thinking of Ed Davis ... i think both he (while he was here) and alan anderson got boosts.

Eddy deserved a boost, but not as much. Anderson's a chucker and chuckers get boosts from 2k.

Amir does deserve a boost, MIP candidate this year IMO

# 87 mango_prom @ 03/22/13 05:23 AM
Why are player updates referred to as "boosts"? Sounds like some RPG-thing...Kobe really deserves better armor this year, and Stephen Curry is hitting everything, he really needs the sniper skill which includes an actual sniper rifle.

The thing is, you can increase a player's ratings and it won't even show looking at OVR. It's possible to increase attributes and OVR will go down if you change the right values. Did he still get a "boost"? I mean simply by changing the main position of a player, you can completely change his overall rating. Would be fun to watch if 2k decided to change a few undersized PGs to SG, and vice versa.
They wouldn't have to touch a single rating and people could argue why Mo Williams "deserves a boost"...

# 88 Xuriath @ 03/22/13 11:23 PM
I fully expect Pau back into the game tomorrow, and Steve Blake gets a boost the guy has been Phenomenal since coming back from injury. Also James Harden is a 90's rating type of player. He is on Par with Kobe statistically this season, give the man his due.

# 89 JazzMan @ 03/22/13 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuriath
I fully expect Pau back into the game tomorrow, and Steve Blake gets a boost the guy has been Phenomenal since coming back from injury. Also James Harden is a 90's rating type of player. He is on Par with Kobe statistically this season, give the man his due.
Harden already plays like a God in the game, what do you want 2k to upgrade? It certainly can't be defense: the guy is hardly average on D.

# 90 Driving Dunk Shot @ 03/22/13 11:47 PM
Hopefully we get an update soon. Tony Parker was back for the spurs today also.

# 91 Maccy46 @ 03/23/13 01:10 AM
Harkless has justified his update with the way he's been playing this week. Hopefully Harris and Vu are given upgrades this upcoming roster update. Knowing 2k they will put Vu on the injured list even though he has only missed two games and will be back the next game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.