Home
NHL 14 News Post

You can view the larger size here.

What do you guys think? Any hints to the direction of the game you guys see?

Game: NHL 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
NHL 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Reiny09 @ 04/15/13 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerk2
Anyway, I actually like if they focused on the hitting engine. In 13, you can either hit, or you can't. And lets face it, its VERY hard to do in the open ice. If they get it right, its a huge change in gameplay by itself.
In all honesty, it is pretty hard to make a good hit in open ice in real life too. I'm not defending the current physics engine by any means, nearly every aspect of it is flawed to some degree. I would actually say it is much too easy to make a hit in open ice compared to hitting a guy along the boards.

Just look at where hits occur in a real life game. Nearly all of them are along the boards. It's the complete opposite in the game. There is virtually no board play in the game and when there is some, all it takes is a guy to come in and poke the puck out.

I'm not expecting any of this to be changed this year but would love to see the grittiness that happens in real life with players jostling in front of the net and in the corners be somewhat replicated sometime in the next console cycle.

# 22 clarkkent70 @ 04/16/13 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
For god sake EA work on your presentation. Looks like maybe something to do with hitting from the screen shot.
Considering a developer said they were limited by the console generation, I liked what I saw for presentation in today's trailer.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.