Home
Operation Sports News Post

It’s Episode 19 of the Press Row Podcast, a special Press Row One-on-One with NCAA Football 14 producer Ben Haumiller (@benhaumiller) and host Richard Grisham (@richgrisham). We talk all about the new physics engine in the game, the newest gameplay updates coming this fall, as well as some of the cool things and challenges that come to designing football games for a staggering variety of gamer.

This is the first of a series of shows we’ll do with Ben as NCAA Football 14 information comes out, so let us know what you think and send us some questions and thoughts you’d like us to ask Ben in the future.

Do it one of these ways:

1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes, so subscribe and rate it too! The link is here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/o...563624090?mt=2

Enjoy the show!

Run Time: 59 minutes

If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.

Game: Operation SportsReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 20 - View All
Operation Sports Videos
Member Comments
# 21 tical2399 @ 04/14/13 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
Nowhere does it say the exchange of feedback is public....Positive or Negative

So you want them to tell the devs in private (community day, over email, skype, etc) the issues in the games. And then you want them to tell the devs off over public airwaves just so YOU feel nice and cozy inside knowing that they know the worlds objections about the games. Even though these are the same objections presented to them 5 months ago

Nowhere does it say feedback is public? REALLY? So you're sitting there with a straight face I assume and saying that all of those posts and interviews/podcasts where the GC tell us how awesome the build they just played is, is not public???

So they can tell us in public how awesome the game is shaping up to be, but they can't tell the devs in public that the community is not happy and wants XYZ?? Right.

# 22 WFColonel56 @ 04/14/13 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2399
Nowhere does it say feedback is public? REALLY? So you're sitting there with a straight face I assume and saying that all of those posts and interviews/podcasts where the GC tell us how awesome the build they just played is, is not public???

So they can tell us in public how awesome the game is shaping up to be, but they can't tell the devs in public that the community is not happy and wants XYZ?? Right.
AGAIN they dont HAVE to post ANYTHING.

After EA let out the features on like the 2nd the game changers could have just done nothing. They could have literally left us with no info other than the 1 page of ultra vague description that EA put out.

Out of the kindness of their heart and taking up their free time a lot of GC have answered questions for hours on end on their own community or twitter or written blogs to give the community more insight than that 1 undescriptive page that EA put out.

If they didnt say anything about the features you would be whining about how they arent doing something else that they arent required to do.

Like I said if you want to be the guy to grill the devs on the public airwaves either become a GC yourself or build up your authority in the gaming world to get an interview.

# 23 Official_Mole @ 04/14/13 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2399

We've have said publicly that parts of the game do need serious attention. We don't decide what does and does not get put into the game.

However, like I said way back at the beginning of this thread, we have guys from the Sim Standard and TraditionSportsOnline.com that preach simulation and have voiced their concerns and ideas with the devs through emails, public youtube videos, and attending community events. These are just 2 examples of what the Game Changers are all about.

We as Game Changers give our best effort to deliver feedback that the community has given us to the developers, what they do with it all is EA's decision. But trust me man we push our ideas, visions, and concerns day in and day out.

Like I've said, we are fans too. We want what the community wants too.

# 24 Sundown2600 @ 04/16/13 12:40 AM
I hope I don't take this off topic but this thread really proves the passion we all have for football. That is the driving force behind all of our frustrations and hopes. My 2 cents opinion on the matter? Most if not all of the Gamechangers have good intentions. Offical Mole is prime example. The problem is EA simply sees these guys as another facet of their well organized marketing scheme. They are being used to do exactly what EA needs them to do, whether they all realize it or not. It's all about the hype Flava Flav style.

*Just my opinion that I am entitled to as a member of these forums as long as said opinion falls in line with the TOS of Operation Sports*

# 25 Official_Mole @ 04/16/13 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I hope I don't take this off topic but this thread really proves the passion we all have for football. That is the driving force behind all of our frustrations and hopes. My 2 cents opinion on the matter? Most if not all of the Gamechangers have good intentions. Offical Mole is prime example. The problem is EA simply sees these guys as another facet of their well organized marketing scheme. They are being used to do exactly what EA needs them to do, whether they all realize it or not. It's all about the hype Flava Flav style.

*Just my opinion that I am entitled to as a member of these forums as long as said opinion falls in line with the TOS of Operation Sports*
You are absolutely IMO 100% entitled to your opinion of the Game Changers. I just don't want people to think we are "yes men" but that we really do share a passion about EA SPORTS Games (for me Madden and NCAA) and that we do what we can to help benefit the interactions between EA and its community.

# 26 Sausage @ 04/16/13 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600

Very well said and I agree with EA just using these EAGC's. It is crazy, but every video, EAGC, cover athlete, etc is just some crazy marketing strategy to keep the hardcore (game changers, various vids about the goal of realism, etc) and casuals (cover athletes, brackets, features, etc.)

# 27 Official_Mole @ 04/16/13 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Very well said and I agree with EA just using these EAGC's. It is crazy, but every video, EAGC, cover athlete, etc is just some crazy marketing strategy to keep the hardcore (game changers, various vids about the goal of realism, etc) and casuals (cover athletes, brackets, features, etc.)
What makes you feel the Game Changers are being used when everything the GCs do for the community and for the feedback is voluntary.

# 28 Sausage @ 04/16/13 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Official_Mole
What makes you feel the Game Changers are being used when everything the GCs do for the community and for the feedback is voluntary.
You all go in there with the community feedback in mind which is great, but after so many GCs (through out the series) saying this is the year, these devs really want realism, OMG this feature, etc; and we still don't have a football game with quality gameplay and presentation. How much more can a sports gamer wait for a quality football game.

The current state of football games makes me and many others feel that every community outreach, poll, game changer, etc is all one big marketing strategy without a goal of making the most realistic football game, but manipulate those who are starved for a football game.

# 29 Swamp Swagger @ 04/16/13 03:35 PM
Not to jump to far off topic but I have a question about season pass but didn't think it needed its own topic or where to ask on here.

So I'm pretty sure I bought the season pass like a week or less before the early access for NCAA 13 was released(Not sure of exact date because on the web site all it will tell me is July 2012- July 2013)

My question being since this years game is being release a little earlier in July will I be able to download it also even though I already downloaded the previous Ncaa? I guess it depends on when I got the pass but don't know how to find the exact date I purchased it

# 30 roadman @ 04/16/13 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
You all go in there with the community feedback in mind which is great, but after so many GCs (through out the series) saying this is the year, these devs really want realism, OMG this feature, etc; and we still don't have a football game with quality gameplay and presentation. How much more can a sports gamer wait for a quality football game.

The current state of football games makes me and many others feel that every community outreach, poll, game changer, etc is all one big marketing strategy without a goal of making the most realistic football game, but manipulate those who are starved for a football game.
To be honest, I don't think we've heard much this year compared to last year. Last year there was more louder noise coming from the CGer's, this year, it's much more subdued, don't you agree?

# 31 N51_rob @ 04/16/13 03:55 PM
All I want to know. Has the max number of online dynasty users been increased? There are many factors that will decide if I purchase, but if it is still at 12 this game is a non starter for me.

# 32 N51_rob @ 04/16/13 04:12 PM
Also, lets not turn this into attack/defense of the Game Changer program. Please and thank you.

# 33 Official_Mole @ 04/16/13 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
All I want to know. Has the max number of online dynasty users been increased? There are many factors that will decide if I purchase, but if it is still at 12 this game is a non starter for me.
I have pushed this significantly. If we can have 16 teams in a Conference, we should at least have 16 people. AT LEAST 16 lol

# 34 Sausage @ 04/16/13 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
To be honest, I don't think we've heard much this year compared to last year. Last year there was more louder noise coming from the CGer's, this year, it's much more subdued, don't you agree?
I think its still a bit early and I believe the majority who have played it are still under an NDA. There are fewer GC's posting here at OS, but they may return soon; but I don't know, we can be hard on them, because of our passionate posts which sometimes can get aggressive.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.