Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Today ESPN SportsNation announced that Barry Sanders will face Adrian Peterson in the final round of the Madden NFL 25 Cover Vote. The stage is set for an epic showdown as two of the greatest running backs of all time square-off. Voting highlights from the semifinals include:
  • 1 million votes cast for the semifinals, 50K more than last year’s vote totals for the semifinals. Over 38 million votes cast overall in the Madden NFL 25 Cover Vote.
  • Adrian Peterson posted the largest margin victory, with 68% of the vote against Arian Foster.
  • Barry Sanders won with a slim margin victory defeating Jerry Rice, 52% to 48%.
It’s all too fitting that the Madden NFL 25 Cover Vote Finals come down to Barry Sanders and Adrian Peterson, two of the greatest running backs in NFL history. Sanders has cemented his place in NFL history with his 18,000 career yards, while Peterson came within nine yards of breaking Eric Dickerson’s single season rushing record last year. Making the feat even more impressive, Peterson had his incredible year after coming back from surgery for a torn ACL in the offseason.

Fans are invited to cast their votes at ESPN.com/MaddenVote through their PC or mobile devices. For the chance to “Maximize” votes, ESPN and Madden NFL 25 have collaborated with Pepsi MAX to promote Twitter live voting every Tuesday throughout the campaign, where tweets with each player’s respective Cover Vote hashtag will count as two votes. Double votes ends at midnight ET each Tuesday.

The winner of the Madden NFL 25 Cover Vote will be revealed live on ESPN SportsNation at 8 pm EST on Wednesday, April 24.

What do you all think? Seems convenient that a year EA Football seems to be focusing on the running game that you get a championship matchup of Adrian Peterson and Barry Sanders.
Who are you voting for?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 IvanCalderon90 @ 04/20/13 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
I don't understand people not liking Barry Sanders. Just because he doesn't have a ring or winning record, he is still the most talented elusive back of all time. AP is in a close second and depending on how the rest of his years go, may even surpass Barry. I still want AP on cover over Barry though.
You might want to watch footage of Gale Sayers before calling Barry the most elusive back ever. Watch Sayers' game against SF in the mud; Sanders was merely average in bad weather games.

# 22 DaBlackGoku @ 04/21/13 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada
I believe IF your going to represent the last 25 years it should be the greatest.

In my opinion Rice was the clear choice for that aspect.

I do not believe Sanders is the best choice for that and as such is not the person whom should break the current athlete in their prime covers. Madden should focus on the current performers and AP who lets not forget nearly broke the season rushing record thats insane!
You know, Sanders almost broke the record as well right? On a worse team.

# 23 beecravey7 @ 04/22/13 12:44 AM
B. Sanders. He accomplished what he did on a team that was not very good. He made countless players look silly trying to tackle him. Most humble player probably ever with his ability.

# 24 SeventhWard @ 04/23/13 05:51 AM
It's my opinion that these "Cover Votes" are nothing more than EA's marketing department doing their thing. I believe the decision was made to market this year's game with a Running Back on the cover several weeks ago, and they've steered the results to get what they need to market their game. Is it unethical? Possibly, but what's really at stake? The "Cover Vote" shenanigans always give football fans something to talk about and raises awareness of yet another Madden release.

Pure speculation follows - I would not be surprised if the Madden 25 cover includes both Barry Sanders AND Adrian Peterson - similar to the dual cover athletes of Larry Fitzgerald/Troy Polamalu a few years back. They'll likely have some nicely written press release about Barry Sanders representing 25 years of Madden history along with AP carrying on his legacy.

-SeventhWard

# 25 Sausage @ 04/24/13 03:39 PM
I bet it will be some miraculous tie in voting and they are both on the cover to represent the new and old school.

# 26 RJTurneR @ 04/24/13 03:46 PM
These guys remind me of each other, two great RB's, best of their generation. In a way, I think it would only be fitting to have both on the cover. Ultimately, I'm picking Sanders. For obvious reasons. Two Lions in two seasons..?

Bring it on Madden Curse. You were no match for Megatron, you'll be no match for Sanders.

# 27 mestevo @ 04/24/13 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
Has it been announced yet?
Following the link in the OP: http://espn.go.com/maddenvote

Spoiler

# 28 CM Hooe @ 04/24/13 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I bet it will be some miraculous tie in voting and they are both on the cover to represent the new and old school.
I would not be surprised in the slightest, to be honest.

# 29 mestevo @ 04/24/13 06:12 PM
I could see them saying the total votes vs votes, not saying who edged out the other and just putting them on either different consoles, a collectors version, etc.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.